Which fuse taps for mustang 2019 bullit

kyrusdemnati

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
kyrus
Vehicle(s)
mustang bullit
I want to install a blackvue dashcam , getting an installer but I know he won’t have the fuse taps for the main hardwiring kit which ones do I need ? And is it a straight forward routine job
Sponsored

decableguy2000

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeremy
Vehicle(s)
2016 CO GT PP, 2020 VB GT PP
Micro 2 if I remember correctly. May want another conformation.

mali321

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mir
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT 301A
Where are you getting the dashcam from? Most of the ones from blackboxmycar.com (or their eBay store) come with the wire taps (in the 3 different fuse "versions") so you can just use the one that fits your car.

I installed one as well but unfortunately don't remember what type of fuse it was -- sorry

And yes it was straightforward; just need to tap the fuse and ground the negative (I used a bolt that was visible after removing the trimming on the passenger side to access the fuses)

I don't know if many people do this but I also bought a fireproof bag for the battery (assuming you're getting the B124 or similar battery to get extended parking mode usage)

mali321

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mir
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT 301A
And if I may give some feedback, I purchased them refurbished, for 3 of our cars, and they all had this internal rattling. It turned out it was a circuit board inside the dashcam that isn't always secured properly during assembly, so the solution was to stick some electrical tape to get rid of the noise. Now I'm not sure if this is also the case with non-refurbished ie brand new versions also, but that was just my observation.

And also I'm not sure if you are getting the built-in LTE and/or Bluetooth versions, but the ones without it (like my DR900S) has a very hard time connecting and downloading videos either directly from the camera or when it's connected to the cloud. It almost seems like any "two-way" data transfer (from camera to cloud and from cloud to your device) causes it to repeatedly drop connections. But to be fair, my home network is some distance away from where the dashcam connects to it. But still that doesn't explain why even connecting directly to the dashcam is also sometimes slow. Although not too terrible -- I would say maybe about 2 or 3 mins if you're holding your device at the "best" angle.
Of course you can alternatively simply download to your PC using the SD card

I know it's one of the better dashcams, and I'm not necessarily advising against it, but these are just some of the drawbacks I have experienced.

On the plus side, the video quality is great, the customizability is pretty robust (volume, motion detection, motion sensitivity, specific alert enable/disable, even remote firmware updates now!, up to 3 hotspot networks can be added, with the option for "Garage hotspot" ie the network to connect to so as not to use up your mobile data)

Anyway, sorry for the excessive info. Maybe you already had a lot of this info already 👍

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Micro 2 tap is what I used in my Bullitt for my nitrous install.

Sponsored

OP
OP

kyrusdemnati

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
kyrus
Vehicle(s)
mustang bullit
From
Amazon . If comes with the hard wiring kit but not fuse taps . I will need them right or can it be installed without that . My local audio guy will be doing it

mine has built in parking voltage so I don’t need battery pack

mali321

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mir
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT 301A
From
Amazon . If comes with the hard wiring kit but not fuse taps . I will need them right or can it be installed without that . My local audio guy will be doing it

mine has built in parking voltage so I don’t need battery pack
Oh okay, something like this?:

https://www.blackboxmycar.com/collections/blackvue/products/power-magic-pro-blackvue

This does say (at least on Blackvue's website) that it includes "Add-a-Fuse Kits and Fuse Taps"
I would double-check the Amazon listing; I remember when I was shopping around most 90% of these came with the fuse taps.
But in any case, to answer your question, yes you will need a fuse tap kit. And if it isn't too expensive you can get one so it doesn't delay your installation. And if you can find one with a good return policy all the better!

OP
OP

kyrusdemnati

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
kyrus
Vehicle(s)
mustang bullit
Ah I didn’t get fuse tips will find ones applicable for mustang and order to try I think I need 2.

decableguy2000

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeremy
Vehicle(s)
2016 CO GT PP, 2020 VB GT PP
I needed 2, one for constant voltage and one for switched.