Which dealerships will honor Xplan pricing on current stock 2015 Mustangs

jcovaltine

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
I have been on the hunt to find a dealership in the Los Angeles, CA area which will honor the Xplan pricing on in stock 2015 Mustangs. While talking to them over the phone I have been straight up with them that I am not interested in purchasing a vehicle if they can't honor the Xplan price. I have been lied to over the phone to find out once I arrive / test drive the car, they will only sell the car at full MSRP. Other dealerships said they would honor the Xplan pricing if I want to order one. I'm not in a hurry to purchase the mustang but I am nervous about special ordering one with all these body alignment issues I'm hearing about. I would prefer to see it first before committing to purchase.

So I thought we might be able to help each other out and report which dealerships we have visited and how they are pricing the 2015 Mustangs.

Auto Nation Ford of Torrance, CA $5,000.00 mark up

Cerritos Ford, Cerritos, CA Full MSRP/ will honor Xplan on new orders only

Ken Grody Ford, Buena Park, CA Full MSRP/ will honor Xplan on new orders only (be careful here, I was told over the phone they have the car in stock and will honor Xplan pricing. However after test drive they wanted full MSRP.) :mad:

South Bay Ford Lincoln, Hawthorne, CA Currently talking with fleet department. As of today they don't have any 2015 Mustang GTs in stock but they said they should receive some within a week. I was told Xplan pricing should not be a problem.
Sponsored

B17drvr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 50th LE #48
Ford reimburses them on Xplan. They should sell it at xplan

rumson

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rich
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT, Magnetic
I had the same experience. Orders go x plan, stock was msrp and up.

rumson

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rich
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT, Magnetic
Ken grody never responded. I emailed every dealer local to Orange county and that was the response. I finally went with Ford of Orange

Sponsored

valentinoamoro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 TY Mustang GT
You can always order (with full refundable deposit) and refuse to take delivery if there are issues you dont like (or refuse to take delivery for no reason whatsoever). Mustangs sell well and they should have no issue reselling unless the issues bother other buyers.

Long story short it you can still do a custom order X-plan and back out if you want!

bruinfan17

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550 Magnetic GT
Ordered through auto nation ford torrance. Got xplan pricing no 5000 mark up. Delivery date is 11/16. Ordered magnetic gt premium, auto, 400a, navi, 3.55, security pack and premier trim. Came to 37,900. Also got private party cash offer via email I'm going to try and use at delivery.

Five Oh Brian

Mustang Guru
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.KorumFord.com
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
11 GT500 Glass Roof Coupe
Ford reimburses them on Xplan. They should sell it at xplan
Ford only reimburses a portion of the discount from MSRP. However, any wise dealership would gladly honor X-plan on '15 Mustangs as it's still a decent profit.

Sponsored
OP
OP

jcovaltine

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Ordered through auto nation ford torrance. Got xplan pricing no 5000 mark up. Delivery date is 11/16. Ordered magnetic gt premium, auto, 400a, navi, 3.55, security pack and premier trim. Came to 37,900. Also got private party cash offer via email I'm going to try and use at delivery.
Bruinfan17

Nice build, looking at getting the same options but with 19" rims. Glad to here auto nation worked with you. How long ago did you order your mustang? Also how did you receive the cash offer?

Thanks
Jason

OP
OP

jcovaltine

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
You can always order (with full refundable deposit) and refuse to take delivery if there are issues you dont like (or refuse to take delivery for no reason whatsoever). Mustangs sell well and they should have no issue reselling unless the issues bother other buyers.

Long story short it you can still do a custom order X-plan and back out if you want!
Thank you for the heads up. I wasnt aware you could refuse delivery.

bruinfan17

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550 Magnetic GT
I ordered 8/9. I signed up on the ford website for brochures. I got a email with the offer a few weeks later. It expires 12/15 so hopefully there's no hold up on delivery.
Sponsored