Sponsored

Which dealership has Allocation for ordering a 2020 gt350R?

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
Already got a lead on one? Maybe I should of pushed for $30,000 off haha
FWIW, I received a call yesterday from a dealership that has an allocation for a 2020 GT500 CFTP optioned car with it being ordered in Rapid Red along with Black painted OTT stripes and all options except the painted Black roof.

I told this individual that I could probably find a buyer for this car which has not been built yet and then asked him for their asking price.

He calmly told me that this car was priced at $136,385 after which time our conversation did not last very much longer.:giggle:

Obviously anyone that can land one of these 2 seat CFTP optioned cars at MSRP has done an outstanding job!

Good luck with your continued search whether it be a Base R model or a CFTP GT500 and never say never!

:like::like:
Sponsored

LR170Shelby350R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT350R
I have to agree with everyone's postings in this thread.

I just took delivery of my 2020 GT350R and it was really a struggle to even find an open allocation when I went to order. My dealer searched for about a month and was able to purchase the allocation from a dealer in another state. They told me I was really fortunate to grab this allocation because this is the last model year and most, if not all, are spoken for. This was not a sales tactic, because I called 2 other local Ford dealers, and another an adjacent state, and they all told me there was no way to get an allocation. This was back in December.

There are probably a few more allocations out there and it will take some searching to find. I doubt invoice is feasible, as everyone understands the rarity and exclusiveness of this model and they want to capitalize on this. I would consider it a big win if you can lock onto an allocation at MSRP. Take it and run!

yosv0610

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Yosvaldy
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Shelby GT350R
Hi all,

Looking to potentially order a 2020 gt350R. Does anyone know of a dealership which has allocation and would sell at invoice?
We are getting late dude. I placed an order but I agreed to pay MSRP + $5K (2020 Shelby GT350R Kona Blue, White stripes/Red accents, CF Dash, Tech Pack, and Cover)
You need to find a dealer with GT350R ordered, but not yet sent them to production, so that dealer can change/edit that order for you. Take the spreadsheet and start to call.

SlowMoe

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Moe
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350R (toy), 2011 Audi S4 (6mt) (DD), 2015 z/28 (sold), 2008 535i sold, 2011 audi S4 (6mt) sold 1995 mustang saleen 5.0 sold, 1989 5.0 Mustang Fox body (stolen)
I just took delivery last night of a 2020 R. It took me a month and a half to lock down a car. The struggle was very real trying to get a car for MSRP, ended up getting a little lucky getting one for $500 under msrp, it had everything I wanted besides stripes which can be remedied. Lots of time spent on fords website using their zip code locator and typing in zip codes across the country. Missed a few cars by literally a day, back and forth on what color I wanted (call me boring but I was torn between oxford white and shadow black, ended up going with my gut and getting black). That spread sheet was mostly a life saver, Id like to say it was 100% correct but that would be false. A few dealers said the car was gone or they had no clue about the allocation I was talking about. The other half I tried on the spread sheet were correct. The two cars I missed by a day seemed to have gone for sticker but the majority of dealers wanted $10-20k over sticker for cars they cars they had on the lot or had on order a few were "only" $5K over. I do know of a few cars (only white w/black stripes and black w/any combo even know of one that was in an accident on a test drive that would be offered at a discount) that exist and were not spoken for, well at least were not spoken for 1-2 weeks ago before I closed on my car, and can point you in the right direction. If you're looking for another combo good luck with your search, and if your looking for an unspoken for unscheduled allocation, hope you're a religious man cause that one may need some prayers.

EDIT: Forgot to add lots of what felt like being laughed at for offering sticker on a car as well as plenty of no returned calls. I could not be happier to have ended up with chassis LR083 and the dealer I worked with was great, but getting to that point was far from fun.

corrieb

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ben
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350R HEP, 2021 Alpine A110
I just took delivery last night of a 2020 R. It took me a month and a half to lock down a car. The struggle was very real trying to get a car for MSRP, ended up getting a little lucky getting one for $500 under msrp, it had everything I wanted besides stripes which can be remedied. Lots of time spent on fords website using their zip code locator and typing in zip codes across the country. Missed a few cars by literally a day, back and forth on what color I wanted (call me boring but I was torn between oxford white and shadow black, ended up going with my gut and getting black). That spread sheet was mostly a life saver, Id like to say it was 100% correct but that would be false. A few dealers said the car was gone or they had no clue about the allocation I was talking about. The other half I tried on the spread sheet were correct. The two cars I missed by a day seemed to have gone for sticker but the majority of dealers wanted $10-20k over sticker for cars they cars they had on the lot or had on order a few were "only" $5K over. I do know of a few cars (only white w/black stripes and black w/any combo even know of one that was in an accident on a test drive that would be offered at a discount) that exist and were not spoken for, well at least were not spoken for 1-2 weeks ago before I closed on my car, and can point you in the right direction. If you're looking for another combo good luck with your search, and if your looking for an unspoken for unscheduled allocation, hope you're a religious man cause that one may need some prayers.

EDIT: Forgot to add lots of what felt like being laughed at for offering sticker on a car as well as plenty of no returned calls. I could not be happier to have ended up with chassis LR083 and the dealer I worked with was great, but getting to that point was far from fun.
Great to hear you finally found the perfect car, Moe and that the Spreadsheet helped. In terms of the accuracy of the data, the only column that's subjective is the Comment column where I mark things as Sold if I hear something. Everything else - color, specs, ordering dealer etc - should all be correct. I wouldn't be surprised if the ordering dealer and the selling dealer end up being different for some cars and there's no way to track that.

Anyway, let me know if you have any helpful feedback. If you have a list of sold VINs, I'd be very happy to make updates.

Sponsored

Hi-PO Stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Shelby GT500
I talked to a Ford dealer salesman recently and asked him if the dealer had an allocation for a GT350 or GT500. The salesman said he would try to find a GT350 or GT500 from another dealer. I said I wanted to order a GT350 or GT500. He kept changing the subject when I asked if the dealer had allocations for the GT350 or GT500. He kept saying he would try to find a dealer with either a GT350 or GT500. I never did find out if the dealer ever had allocations or not. I chose not to pursue a GT350 or GT500 at this time.

SlowMoe

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Moe
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350R (toy), 2011 Audi S4 (6mt) (DD), 2015 z/28 (sold), 2008 535i sold, 2011 audi S4 (6mt) sold 1995 mustang saleen 5.0 sold, 1989 5.0 Mustang Fox body (stolen)
Great to hear you finally found the perfect car, Moe and that the Spreadsheet helped. In terms of the accuracy of the data, the only column that's subjective is the Comment column where I mark things as Sold if I hear something. Everything else - color, specs, ordering dealer etc - should all be correct. I wouldn't be surprised if the ordering dealer and the selling dealer end up being different for some cars and there's no way to track that.

Anyway, let me know if you have any helpful feedback. If you have a list of sold VINs, I'd be very happy to make updates.
corrieb, the spreadsheet was incredibly helpful. Id say I called on 95% of the black cars and tried to speak with people at the dealers who were in charge of ordering Shelby's. For cars that were already delivered the sheet seemed 100% accurate but when I would call dealers that showed cars on order most seemed to be clueless. Id say 2 dealers did go through their computer system and found the exact spec the sheet showed but many others seemed to have no idea what I was talking about and then would start giving me the run around about they would find a car for me (at a cost of course). My guess would be that either I was speaking with someone with no idea on Shelby allocations/orders or they were just being lazy.

Shelbyfam

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350R
I found the spreadsheet to be incredibly accurate. frankly if it wasn't for your spreadsheet I would have not been able to find my iconic silver GT350R it is being delivered this week. Thank you for taking the time and making the effort if it wasn't for your help I wouldn't have been getting one at all. My hat's off to you sir.

DrumReaper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1971 429CJ Mach 1, 2012 Boss 302
I found the spreadsheet to be incredibly accurate. frankly if it wasn't for your spreadsheet I would have not been able to find my iconic silver GT350R it is being delivered this week. Thank you for taking the time and making the effort if it wasn't for your help I wouldn't have been getting one at all. My hat's off to you sir.
Where is this spreadsheet?

corrieb

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ben
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350R HEP, 2021 Alpine A110
So happy to hear stories like this, thanks for sharing.
Sponsored