Which camber plates, mm or vorslag?

Shifterracer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350
I have the Vorshlag camber plates for the stock shocks and I love them. I have it dialed into -2.7 and initial turn in is awesome! I competed in my first NMCA auto cross and placed 3rd with just their from camber plates and Steeda rear camber arms. I just purchased some mcs tt2 coilover from them with their camber plates, so my current plates will be going up for sale within the next 3 weeks.
Sponsored

petstang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT350 TP Magnetic w OTT Black Stripes
Thanks Tomster & Dominator961,

Took the car to my shop, showed them the youtube video and they fixed the problem.
They put some locktite as suggested to avoid problems in the future.
All is back to normal

Stuntman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
many
You didn’t fix shit. Vorshlag is capable of over 2.5°
Says the Vorshlag fanboy.

Often -2.5* (okay, maybe -2.7*) isn't enough camber. In which case you're limited by Vorshlag plates. I like (and need) the ability to run more than that on track. So Steeda fits the bill.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Stuntman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
many
Maybe the b**** that doesn’t even have a GT350 or a S550 to begin with.
Because owning something is the prerequisite to comment on a given subject. God forbid me owning a GT350 & having tried the Vorshlag camber plates first hand and not liking them. Your brain just might explode.

Not everyone who buys a product becomes a die-hard fanboy who must subconsciously justify their purchase by convincing others that they need to follow suit.

I've tried them, and experienced some of the worst, belittling, arrogant customer service of any company that I've ever dealt with (kind of like their fanboy minions). Steeda's design allows for more camber adjustment, but they also have some other (bad) products that I wouldn't recommend either. At least they aren't a bunch of immature know-it-alls.

On the other hand theres no fanboyism here. I hate how Steeda and BMR push to "upgrade" to unnecessary aftermarket vertical links. I just like good products and dislike bad products (and companies).

Last edited:
OP
OP

MikeR397

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford GT350R & Raptor; Ferrari 360, Aston Martin Vantage, Porsche Cayenne GTS, Jaguar XFR
Wow this took a turn for the worst

ZX3ST

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350, Kona Blue, J3116
OP - I know you only mentioned the MM and Vorshlag. Just wanted to toss another vote to consider Steeda.

I spent 2 weeks hee-hawing around. In the end I went with Steeda because they seemed to be the only option that retained the OEM upper strut mount. (someone please correct me if that's a wrong statement).

Anyways, I'm not nearly good enough at the track, and I wanted something that would maintain a sense of stockish mannerisms with some extra adjustment. Of course YMMV, that's just what fit my personal needs.

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible

Sponsored

honeybadger

Just don't care
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
Because owning something is the prerequisite to comment on a given subject. God forbid me owning a GT350 & having tried the Vorshlag camber plates first hand and not liking them. Your brain just might explode.

Not everyone who buys a product becomes a die-hard fanboy who must subconsciously justify their purchase by convincing others that they need to follow suit.

I've tried them, and experienced some of the worst, belittling, arrogant customer service of any company that I've ever dealt with (kind of like their fanboy minions). Steeda's design allows for more camber adjustment, but they also have some other (bad) products that I wouldn't recommend either. At least they aren't a bunch of immature know-it-alls.
Having met the Vorshlag owner in person, I am.not surprised to hear about your customer service experience. Unfortunate as they make a good camber plate. I run mm myself.

Also, I highly recommend the ignore function for folks you don't want to see. Definitely lightens the experience.

Niz55

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350
I have the mm myself and they are great. But I can never get the top nut fully torqued. It keeps on spinning.

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
I have the mm myself and they are great. But I can never get the top nut fully torqued. It keeps on spinning.
Pull the boot out of the way and get a rubber strap wrench to hold the strut shaft in place. Use and impact wrench.

madlag

Snake Charmer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350R, 2022 GT500
Put some camber plates on an old fox years ago. Aside from the adjustability factor it added when lowering, I thought it improved the “feel” of the front quite a bit. Any perceptible changes on the Shelby?

tracktardicus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Toyota 86
Adding camber will usually increase the "feel" you mention, as it will optimize the contact patch of the front tires, giving you more grip under load and allowing you to carry more speed through corners. That coupled with a squared setup will reduce the car's stock setup tendency to understeer, and make the car want to turn in more.
Sponsored