Which “Earl” of the three you prefer….

Cyberbill

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
2019 Premium Gt Convertible
Liquid Moly…Motul…Pensoil Ultra Platinum…5w30 Mustang Gt 2019 Convertible…5.0 V8 ..who changes oil every 5,000 mile religiously Living in Texas. … Thanks Grandpa Bill
Sponsored

skinnyb

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT Premium PP1, 10 Auto Grabber Blue
I use Pennzoil Platinum. I don't spring for the Ultra. On the shelf at Wally world, usually less than $25 a jug. I do use a bottle of Liquimoly Ceratec every change too though.

EFI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.Br0
Can't go wrong with either of those choices. I run PUP just because it's half the price of the others and easily available at Walmart or Amazon.

junits15

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
LIquiMoly is very good stuff, I used to run it but the 5L jug is annoying.

I run Mobil 1 now because its easy cheap and meets spec.

Sponsored

Keeffa

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
keith
Vehicle(s)
ford mustang 2018 gt
Liquid Moly…Motul…Pensoil Ultra Platinum…5w30 Mustang Gt 2019 Convertible…5.0 V8 ..who changes oil every 5,000 mile religiously Living in Texas. … Thanks Grandpa Bill
I'm in Australia so we run kilometres. I change oil every 10,000 ks. I use Penrite HPR5 5w40.

Skye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"Skye" Mach1 N2144
PUP here.

Lots of great products available to us. Whichever you decide, I think it's best to stay consistent in brand and weight, unless you begin making mods (changing requirements), head to the track, etc. There's like .5 quart, .47 liter of oil which remains in the galleys. Frequent changing of brand/type, mixing, IDK, it's something I'd like to avoid.

OP
OP
Cyberbill

Cyberbill

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
PUP here.

Lots of great products available to us. Whichever you decide, I think it's best to stay consistent in brand and weight, unless you begin making mods (changing requirements), head to the track, etc. There's like .5 quart, .47 liter of oil which remains in the galleys. Frequent changing of brand/type, mixing, IDK, it's something I'd like to avoid.
Good points. Thanks. Grandpa Bill

Weyland-Yutani

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Mustang GT, '17 Volvo V60 Platinum, '04 E-150
With 5W30 PUP, I get no "tick" and drastically quieter 2K rattle compared to 5W20 Motorcraft. Others may do the same but I'm happy so I stopped looking.

Johnnybee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 convertible
I used Mobil 1 for, literally, decades in everything I owned. Recently I changed to Quaker State Full Synthetic (formerly Ultimate Durability) after reading this blog (you need to scroll waaay down to the testing results. I change the car spring and fall regardless of mileage (the most was 8K kms). With retirement, mileage has dropped significantly but I am still doing two changes per year.
https://540ratblog.wordpress.com/2013/06/20/motor-oil-wear-test-ranking/

Sponsored

Andy13186

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT 10speed Aluminator Whippled
Amsoil signature series for me but penzoil ultra platinum would be my 2nd choice.

mmff88gt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Convertible
I guess I'll be that guy. I see you keep posting questions that would apply to both body styles of Mustangs under the "Convertible" forum. You'll get a wider range of knowledgeable responses if you post in the correct forum rather than always limiting yourself to just convertible owners and those who happen across this forum. You will notice most other topics here deal with convertible top issues, spoilers that are body-style specific, etc. Just because your engine is in a convertible doesn't make its oil requirements significantly different from other Coyote engines.

OP
OP
Cyberbill

Cyberbill

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
Ok. Thanks for the tip…just want to stay within the rules..Grandpa Bill
Sponsored