Sponsored

Where would you place a gopro?

Fizou

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 ecoboost premium, magnetic grey
Hi

I am planning a long cross country trip, Toronto to Victoria BC. I have a Gopro Hero 4 with the wifi remote and an attchement with a succion cup to stick it on the windsheild.

I made some tests going up and down Bayview! I placed the Gopro almost behind the rear view mirror, on its right. There are a few problems: the bottom part of the frame, about 1/5, is taken by the hood, and there are reflections of the three center vents on the top part of the image.

Did any of you made video with the Gopro on the Ecoboost, if so where and how did you do it? How did you set up the camera?

Thanks

Didier

Ecoboost premium, magnetic grey, 20" rims with P-Zero Pirellis
Sponsored

Coaster

RallyNorthAmerica.com
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.imprtcl.com
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
'15 Fastback GT Guard
In my experience the camera either needs to be outside the car or further inside the car to get rid of the reflections.

I have a mount bar I made that attaches to the head rest posts that puts the camera right over my shoulder.

For outside I have it just under the drivers mirror for autox so I can see the front tire, on the front bumper for a full view of the road, or just beside the trunk lid facing rearwards for cruises so I can shoot other cars.

The lower on the car the camera is mounted the faster it appears you are going when watching the video.