20ducks

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg G.
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT Premium Convertible Rapid Red
Vehicle Showcase
2020 GT with Ford stock 20" rims. I'm considering getting wheel spacers, keeping the stock wheels with square set up. Where do I look for what size I will need to buy?
Sponsored

Jonyxz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 5.0 401A 10R80
2020 GT with Ford stock 20" rims. I'm considering getting wheel spacers, keeping the stock wheels with square set up. Where do I look for what size I will need to buy?
25mm front
20mm rear

OP
OP
20ducks

20ducks

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg G.
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT Premium Convertible Rapid Red
Vehicle Showcase
Tires are Eagle F1 Asymmetric All-Season - Size: 265/35R20 F&R. Looks like 5-114.3 dimension. With 20mm adapters in the rear and 25mm in the front will I need too remove a wheel for any reason: studs etc?
This tire/spacer stuff is a totally different language to me, so please indulge my ignorance.

Jonyxz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 5.0 401A 10R80
Tires are Eagle F1 Asymmetric All-Season - Size: 265/35R20 F&R. Looks like 5-114.3 dimension. With 20mm adapters in the rear and 25mm in the front will I need too remove a wheel for any reason: studs etc?
This tire/spacer stuff is a totally different language to me, so please indulge my ignorance.
Only need to remove wheels to install spacers.

No modification to studs needed. Follow installation guide/video, torque them correctly and you are good. Recheck torque after a few rides.

These are the spacers I used with no issue:

https://www.americanmuscle.com/eibach-25mm-spacers-2015.html

https://www.americanmuscle.com/eibach-pro-spacer-hubcentric-black-wheel-spacers-20mm-pair-15117.html

Many people use Coyote brand spacers which are cheaper without any issue. The 20mm are out of stock though.

Sponsored

illtal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
the vids that @Jonyxz listed is good the nut that goes onto the original stud needs to be torqued really well since this is what your wheel will be torqued to.

S550VertCS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2013 V6 Mustang Convertible, 2020 GT Convertible CS
I notice the sets on amazon are 25mm all the way around. You guys are recommending 20mm on the front. Would 25mm on the front be too much, would it poke?

illtal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
I notice the sets on amazon are 25mm all the way around. You guys are recommending 20mm on the front. Would 25mm on the front be too much, would it poke?
Are u running camber?

S550VertCS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
Are u running camber?
nope. just stock, about to install Eibach Pro Springs for lowering it, and am considering spacers since running stock square setup.

EDIT - I have the CS Convertible, so have the 19" wheels.

illtal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
You can go outside and get a ruler and figure this kind of thing out pretty easily. Measure from the top to the outer fender. If it is less than an inch you will really need to pay attention if you don't want poke. 1 in = 25.4 mm.

Sponsored

illtal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
You can go outside and get a ruler and figure this kind of thing out pretty easily. Measure from the top to the outer fender. If it is less than an inch you will really need to pay attention if you don't want poke. 1 in = 25.4 mm.
If I was doing this I would lower first then find a spacer based on the camber.

S550VertCS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
If I was doing this I would lower first then find a spacer based on the camber.
Well, The Pro Springs stays within stock specs, and no kit is needed for alignment, from everything I have read.

Ericc B

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Various Mustang GTs
25mm will poke like hell on the stock 20" wheels.

You need to realize that these wheels by themselves already sit 2.5 mm more outward in the front and 4 mm more in the rear when compared to a GT with the 19" Performance Pack wheels. And even on those wheels the 25mm (1 inch) spacers already poke. A lot of people do these 25mm nevertheless because that way they don't have to cut the studs for them to fit (which you do with anything smaller than 25mm). And then they start messing around with camber to fix their poking problem.

Your best option would be 15mm all around. Studded 15mm are impossible to find though, so you should look for non-studded ones and replace your stock studs with 15mm longer ones.

S550VertCS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)

You need to realize that these wheels by themselves already sit 2.5 mm more outward in the front and 4 mm more in the rear when compared to a GT with the 19" Performance Pack wheels. And even on those wheels the 25mm (1 inch) spacers already poke. A lot of people do these 25mm nevertheless because that way they don't have to cut the studs for them to fit (which you do with anything smaller than 25mm). And then they start messing around with camber to fix their poking problem.

Your best option would be 15mm all around. Studded 15mm are impossible to find though, so you should look for non-studded ones and replace your stock studs with 15mm longer ones.
I have 19" wheels (CS edition Wheels)

Thank you, thats the info I was looking for. I want no poke, and want to do them correctly as well. I just saw sets of 4 the same size for sale, so was just wondering why the recommendation here (which I trust WAY more then Amazon) was recommending less in front. Now I know. :)

illtal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT

I have two studded 15mm spacers on the front because I am using wheels from a old car that I owned.

Offset +32 15mm spacer and lowered.

I didn't need to cut the stock studs.
Sponsored