Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
First Name
Kévin
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2019
Hello friends,

A good friend of mine bought a 2013 mustang and I have doubts about the current mileage of the car comparing to the general state of it. Mechanical parts looks good, it’s just esthetic/use stuff that make me wonder.

After doing a digital cluster swap on my 19’ thanks to @breeves002 I know that mileage can be set in IPC to a value superior to actual with Forscan. But not to an inferior value due to EPROM or software security, I don’t really know how it works.

But I was wondering if the mileage is also stored in other module, PCM maybe? And if so where can I read it with forscan ?

I want to make sure IPC mileage match other module mileage for his safety.

Thank you!
Sponsored

Elp_jc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
It's definitely on the ECU/ECM, but you can't read it with FORScan, as far as I know. You'd need a dealer computer for that, most likely. Good luck.

breeves002

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
It is in the PCM. You need IDS to read that mileage out. Any dealer can do it as long as it doesn't have a custom tune.

OP
OP
tuxity

tuxity

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
First Name
Kévin
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2019
I have found a page on forscan displaying the mileage for each module (if available), on my 2019 it's stored on 5 differents modules (IPC, ABS, PCM, C-CM, PSCM)
I will try to connect to his 2013 to see. I don't think there is that much modules, but maybe in IPC, PCM and ABS/PSCM

I also wonder if modules syncs between each others. I don't think so, it wouldn't be logic if Ford wants to check mileage diferences.

IMG_7417.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
tuxity

tuxity

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
First Name
Kévin
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2019
I checked his car with forscan and it gives me the same value in IPC and PCM. There is also a DTC U0401:81-48 Wrong data received from PCM.

Weird, I don't know if modules syncs between each others
Sponsored