RobbieFrazier

Captain Quality
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robbie
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Prem PP DIB; 2022 M1 Prem 700A HP EG
Alright, guys and gals, the monthly meets, lunches and photo shoots are cool, but warmer weather is here and it's time to put some more miles on our ponies. Chime in on whether and where you would prefer to take our next cruise. I'll post another thread/poll to decide the timing.

Option 1 is to cruise FM 4 from Granbury to Jacksboro. This should be a moderate speed cruise with some light traffic. Map link here.

Option 2 is to cruise down to Austin and enjoy some twisties on Lime Creek Road and Bee Cave Road. We can make a scenic stop at Covert Park at Mount Bonnell, and then eat dinner before returning home to DFW. This should be a low to moderate speed cruise with moderate traffic. Map link here.

Option 3 is for those who are interested in cruising a different route and have a recommended route plan including all fuel, food and rest stops.

Option 4 is for those who aren't interested in driving their cars (this should theoretically get zero votes since this is a forum for automotive enthusiasts, but we'll see what happens).
Sponsored

Last edited:

shelbydave

Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 shelby gt350
Option 1 but either way I'd be in

Bzubke1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt
I live in Granbury so I'd like to make a suggestion for a really fun road. Hwy 51 a bit west of glen rose off hwy 67. If you take 51 from hwy 67 up to Granbury it's the funnest road I've found in the area. traffic is very light and it's got some great twisties where you can really push your car. Plus it will hook back up with hwy 4 in Granbury. Loco coyote is an awesome bbq place right off 67 a mile or so from hwy 51 that would be a great place to meet up. It's really popular with bikers. It's out in the middle of nowhere but a really fun road to drive.

Sponsored

MaverickGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby Red GT PP
I voted for the first 3. Any where is good with me. Driving my Mustang is always fun.

edit: Somewhere between here and Oklahoma in NE Texas maybe.

T-S550-X

Threads
Reaction score
DFW, Texas, USA, Planet Earth, Milkyway Galaxy
First Name
Naji
Vehicle(s)
DIB 2015 Mustang GT PP
I talked about this with some of the group at the last meet. Here is a route we would be proud to drive. Unfortunately, it's not something I'd want to tackle in a day.

This route is highly rated by motorcycle riders. I've ridden this route and can tell you that my heart pounded every turn. Some of these turns were decreasing radius first / second gear turns on a sport bike. That's seriously tight stuff! If we want a day drive just out of town, then I'm up for option 1.

http://www.motorcycleroads.com/75/5...wisted-Sisters)--Ranch-Roads-335-336337a.html

T-S550-X

Threads
Reaction score
DFW, Texas, USA, Planet Earth, Milkyway Galaxy
First Name
Naji
Vehicle(s)
DIB 2015 Mustang GT PP

MaverickGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby Red GT PP
Loco coyote is an awesome bbq place right off 67 a mile or so from hwy 51
Don't know where this is but I'm always up for some good bbq.

redneck ron

Dummy up Meathead!
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ron
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT 401A/Race Red

Sponsored
OP
OP
RobbieFrazier

RobbieFrazier

Captain Quality
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robbie
Vehicle(s)
I voted for the first 3. Any where is good with me. Driving my Mustang is always fun.

edit: Somewhere between here and Oklahoma in NE Texas maybe.
I've been looking for twisties in that area. I'll keep ya posted if I find anything promising.

I talked about this with some of the group at the last meet. Here is a route we would be proud to drive. Unfortunately, it's not something I'd want to tackle in a day.

This route is highly rated by motorcycle riders. I've ridden this route and can tell you that my heart pounded every turn. Some of these turns were decreasing radius first / second gear turns on a sport bike. That's seriously tight stuff! If we want a day drive just out of town, then I'm up for option 1.

http://www.motorcycleroads.com/75/555/Texas/The-Three-Sisters-%28AKA-The-Twisted-Sisters%29--Ranch-Roads-335-336337a.html
We did the Three Sisters back in February. That much fun should be illegal...oh wait.

The trip was an absolute BLAST! We started with 13 S550s, and probably destroyed about $15,000 worth of front end paint/bumpers/windshields. Note to self: buy a leather bra for cruises through the backroads.

We did it as a weekend trip last time, and it was still a bit much for two days (nearly 800 miles total trip). We plan to make this an annual event for the group, and make a three day weekend out of it to have an opportunity to enjoy some of the other beauty of the Hill Country as well.

Going south can be a beating, but going north/east maybe easier.....

This route is in Arkansas. I have heard great things about their roads so it's another option.

http://www.motorcycleroads.com/75/30/Routes/The-Scenic-Route-from-Hot-Springs-to-Eureka-Springs.html
Looks like a fun weekend trip, Naji. I've been parsing that site for the past few days looking for ideas.

First, thank you Robbie for taking the time to organize these monthly meetings and cruises. Jen and I are up for anything. The above would be a awesome fall, leaf peeping cruise!
I do what I can. We needed some more order and planning for our get-togethers, so I kinda stepped in to take on that role.

I had actually been planning a group cruise on the Talimena Scenic Byway and Indian Highway during the fall (map). Maybe the route Naji recommended would be a better option. Or maybe we can do both in the same trip since they're pretty close to each other. We'll definitely need two days if we do both.

OP
OP
RobbieFrazier

RobbieFrazier

Captain Quality
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robbie
Vehicle(s)
I live in Granbury so I'd like to make a suggestion for a really fun road. Hwy 51 a bit west of glen rose off hwy 67. If you take 51 from hwy 67 up to Granbury it's the funnest road I've found in the area. traffic is very light and it's got some great twisties where you can really push your car. Plus it will hook back up with hwy 4 in Granbury. Loco coyote is an awesome bbq place right off 67 a mile or so from hwy 51 that would be a great place to meet up. It's really popular with bikers. It's out in the middle of nowhere but a really fun road to drive.
Thanks for the recommendation. This looks like a great addition to the FM 4 route posted.

EDIT: I updated the FM 4 map to include an E85 start in Cleburne, Loco Coyote for lunch and FM 51.

Last edited:
OP
OP
RobbieFrazier

RobbieFrazier

Captain Quality
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robbie
Vehicle(s)
My gears are spinning. What about something like the schedule below? Thoughts?

June: FM 51/FM 4
July: Lime Creek Road/Bee Cave Road (Austin)
August: Find some other local route?
September: Find some other local route?
October: Oklahoma/Arkansas (requires overnight stay)
November: Three Sisters/Hill Country (weather permitting; requires three day weekend)
December: Winter (car in storage/non-cruise weather)
January: Winter (car in storage/non-cruise weather)
February: Winter (car in storage/non-cruise weather)
March: Come out and play again; maybe Hill Country cruise if November was too cold
April: Find some other local route?
May: Find some other local route?
Sponsored