Where do I get my vortech oil changed?

Marketplaza

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT shadow black and 18 dodge caravan
I have a vortech v3 jt and I have about 4K miles on it. I have the oil they gave me when I had it installed. I have a 19 gt that has the big engine cover over it. It kinda covers the screw you need to take off. So the cover needs to come off to change it. But I’m not a very good mechanic. I usually just pay people to do it. I’ve called around to a lot of shops in my area and no one knows how to do it. I know it should be easy to do as they showed me where to unscrew it to empty it. Does anyone know what shops can do it? I’m in Wichita ks so there’s not a lot to choose from.
Sponsored

KingKona

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shlomo
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT
Dude.....the cover just has a few screws, nothing difficult.

OP
OP
Marketplaza

Marketplaza

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
Yea you’re right, but my main issue is I don’t have a jack. It didn’t even come with one as I got the flat repair kit. So I got to bring it to the shop. But I called up jiffy lube and they told me they’d do it for 30 bucks since I already have the oil.

Sponsored

daSNAK3

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jake
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT
Vehicle Showcase
I wouldn't let Jiffy Lube touch my blower. Take it to a performance shop if you are not able to do it.

OP
OP
Marketplaza

Marketplaza

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
Lol… you got a point. I was kinda hesitant to bring it to them. They only seem to care about up selling you on stupid shit like your cabin air filter. I once brought my minivan to them to get my oil change and they tried to get me to buy a new air filter even though I have a k and n filter in it. And was only like 6 months old. But I wasn’t going to bring it to them. If I did I’d probably break my vortech or something.

OP
OP
Marketplaza

Marketplaza

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
I wouldn't let Jiffy Lube touch my blower. Take it to a performance shop if you are not able to do it.
I just wanted to let you know that you have the same color as I do. I love shadow black, it looks good on a mustang. Do you have a blower? If so is it a centri? I’m really happy with mine, especially when I saw a board of a guy who had a whipple 3.0 installed and he only had like 580 rwhp. I got 682 from mine and it really goes great with 4.09 gears. I was going to get a whipple but went the centri route since I already had those gears and they wouldn’t work very good with a pd style blower. Mines a 19 but I don’t think there’s much difference in the engine in those years.

daSNAK3

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jake
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT
Vehicle Showcase
I just wanted to let you know that you have the same color as I do. I love shadow black, it looks good on a mustang. Do you have a blower? If so is it a centri? I’m really happy with mine, especially when I saw a board of a guy who had a whipple 3.0 installed and he only had like 580 rwhp. I got 682 from mine and it really goes great with 4.09 gears. I was going to get a whipple but went the centri route since I already had those gears and they wouldn’t work very good with a pd style blower. Mines a 19 but I don’t think there’s much difference in the engine in those years.
I have a centri waiting to be installed.. once the weather gets better and the salt is gone from the roads, I will toss it on... Can't wait.

ORRadtech

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
18 Mustang EcoBoost convertible, 14 Ford Fusion SE
There's a YouTube'er out of Newton, KS which doesn't look too far from you. He's "The Car Wizard" on YouTube and Owns Omega Auto Clinic. He seems like a straight shooter and is constantly working on high-end cars, sports cars, classic cars and regular, everyday cars. I'm not necessarily recommending him, I've never met the man or used his services, but based on what I've seen I would definitely want to try them out if I weren't so far away.

As for Jiffy Lube, I wouldn't take my 12 y/o, 250k mile SUV to them much less a boosted sports car. Unless you have a death wish for your engine or something...

Sponsored
OP
OP
Marketplaza

Marketplaza

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
I have a centri waiting to be installed.. once the weather gets better and the salt is gone from the roads, I will toss it on... Can't wait.
Oh you won’t be disappointed, I love mine. My only problem is traction, I haven’t replaced my clutch or drive/half shafts yet. I have to upgrade those before I worry about traction. But I did get some Firestone track tires that are y rated. They have a lot better grip than z rated. But if your mustang came with summer tires Youll be good. But I have a lot of fun with mine.

OP
OP
Marketplaza

Marketplaza

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
There's a YouTube'er out of Newton, KS which doesn't look too far from you. He's "The Car Wizard" on YouTube and Owns Omega Auto Clinic. He seems like a straight shooter and is constantly working on high-end cars, sports cars, classic cars and regular, everyday cars. I'm not necessarily recommending him, I've never met the man or used his services, but based on what I've seen I would definitely want to try them out if I weren't so far away.

As for Jiffy Lube, I wouldn't take my 12 y/o, 250k mile SUV to them much less a boosted sports car. Unless you have a death wish for your engine or something...
Newton is about 30 min from me. Tbh I’ve heard mixed reviews about Wichita dyno. I appreciate the advice, I’m going to give them a call tomorrow.

OP
OP
Marketplaza

Marketplaza

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)

Btw I see your in Atlanta, I use to live in Duluth a couple years ago. I then moved to Valdosta as the traffic on 75 is horrendous. It’s literally packed all day. But I did love Atlanta, I used to bring my kids to Stone Mountain and the Coke museum all the time. Is the underground mall still around? I heard it closed. That was a cool place to go to.

wynand32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT California Special
Jiffy Lube... Seriously???
Take it to the dyno place
Jiffy Lube...
SMFH
I know it's not fair to judge an entire chain by one experience, but the last time (decades ago, when I was stupid) that I had a Jiffy Lube change my oil and rotate my tires, they didn't tighten the lug nuts on one of my tires. I barely realized it as I was driving down the freeway and stop right before the wheel came off.

Suffice it to say, I never went back to such a place again.

OP
OP
Marketplaza

Marketplaza

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
They just want to get you in and out and move to the next customer to make more money. They don’t care about quality.
Sponsored