Sponsored

Where do I find Performance Friction Rotors?

fatbillybob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT pp1 A10 Orange
I'm not opposed to a grinder. I'm not convince the not mustang specific will fit. I'm not willing to throw 600 bucks to ser anyway. Maybe there is other dimension besides diameter and thickness? ?
Sponsored

fatbillybob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT pp1 A10 Orange
Pretty awesome if the alternates work though

TeeLew

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Odyssey, Toyota Tacoma, 89 GT project, 2020 Magnetic EB HPP w/ 6M
Maybe there is other dimension besides diameter and thickness? ?
Random brake thoughts:

I think this is the move. Find a popular disc size that is close and then adapt the Ford parts to use it.

I've been putting it off, but I wanted to do the same thing with the 14"F/13"R combo. I really feel this should be enough disc mass for these cars. Unless you're running _a ton_ of power and big slicks, these should work. Maybe that would mean running racing pads and putting some more time in the brake system in general, but it is also a chunk of weight in an inconvenient spot.

The whole reason I've thought about building a 14/13 combo instead of using the Steeda kit is PFC discs & hats. Their discs are much better than anyone else and the mounting system makes everything else look stupid.

So once the issue of discs is solved, is anyone considering a real pedal box and dual master/bias bar? Yes, you'd give up the anti-lock, which might shut down the whole car. If not, though, you might end up with a better stopping car and adjustable bias.

I guess the middle ground is FP brake controller. One of us has to take that plunge, so it might as well be me. I'll get one within the next couple weeks & report back.

TicTocTach

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Clair
Vehicle(s)
2018 EBPP
Random brake thoughts:

I think this is the move. Find a popular disc size that is close and then adapt the Ford parts to use it.

I've been putting it off, but I wanted to do the same thing with the 14"F/13"R combo. I really feel this should be enough disc mass for these cars. Unless you're running _a ton_ of power and big slicks, these should work. Maybe that would mean running racing pads and putting some more time in the brake system in general, but it is also a chunk of weight in an inconvenient spot.

The whole reason I've thought about building a 14/13 combo instead of using the Steeda kit is PFC discs & hats. Their discs are much better than anyone else and the mounting system makes everything else look stupid.

So once the issue of discs is solved, is anyone considering a real pedal box and dual master/bias bar? Yes, you'd give up the anti-lock, which might shut down the whole car. If not, though, you might end up with a better stopping car and adjustable bias.

I guess the middle ground is FP brake controller. One of us has to take that plunge, so it might as well be me. I'll get one within the next couple weeks & report back.
This is where I'm at as well - I think if the 14" fronts could be ducted/cooled properly they would be more than adequate for any autoX and many track events. I'm unlikely to ever track my daily enough to warrant exotic rotors, but I would like to take advantage of driving schools or other events at semi-local facilities - MSR, Eagles Canyon, COTA, etc. I'll always be 200hp down from a base GT, but I'll always weigh just as much.

A properly vented 14" (Steeda / Baer) would check the box for 95% of my needs. Take-off 15" Brembos would also check the box, but with a 10-ish pound each side unsprung penalty. Cost for either of those two options is about the same, in the $500-800 range. Add $1000 for light 15" Girodiscs. At that point, take-off GT350 parts start to look pretty good. Lighter than EB/GT/GTPP parts, and you can get replacement parts anywhere.

Radiation Joe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 EcoBoost PP Manual Recaro
Are we reaching critical mass here? I wonder if we can find a common hat for the S550 system, then find 14" and 15" solutions from PF. I'd be all over an EB solution.
The Baer rotors are also more than adequate for my needs, considering I haven't been to a track in a decade. I'd bet the durability of the PF rotors would justify the price premium, however.

Sponsored

OP
OP
VictorH

VictorH

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Victor
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
I'd be in too (I'm the instigator here). You still need to find a dealer/distributor.

TeeLew

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
I'd be in too (I'm the instigator here). You still need to find a dealer/distributor.
I've got that taken care of, 100%. I'm working on the 14/13 combo. It will be a different hat for each diameter.

OP
OP
VictorH

VictorH

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Victor
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
Oh, oh, this might not be for me. I'm thinking I have 15" set up (Mustang is new to me and haven't taken delivery yet) so this might not work for me.

65 falcon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
grahame
Vehicle(s)
65 ford falcon / Audi Q2
hi,
we stock the disc assemblies in the uk warehouse and have stock availability, happy to ship if you are happy to pay the shipping?..........Grahame, PFC UK.

65 falcon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
grahame
Vehicle(s)
65 ford falcon / Audi Q2
hi,
we stock the disc assemblies in the uk warehouse and have stock availability, happy to ship if you are happy to pay the shipping?..........Grahame, PFC UK.
Just checked, we have front and rears, 378.064.63/64 , 330.044.63/64 plus front pads 1792.10 for trackday/fast road. check website , https://pfc.parts/

Sponsored

Radiation Joe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 EcoBoost PP Manual Recaro
The Z rated pads will work fine for light track duty. Are any of competition compounds available?
Thanks for the help with this.

65 falcon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
grahame
Vehicle(s)
65 ford falcon / Audi Q2
The Z rated pads will work fine for light track duty. Are any of competition compounds available?
Thanks for the help with this.
hi,
cant see any competition compounds in that shape pad, will happily look into it for you.
Let me knowif anyone still looking for discs, we can ship V3 out no problem.

TeeLew

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
Oh, oh, this might not be for me. I'm thinking I have 15" set up (Mustang is new to me and haven't taken delivery yet) so this might not work for me.
The same company can get us any PFC product. 15's as well.

TeeLew

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
if anyone is interested in a quotation for the Roush V3 discs, drop me a line... [email protected]
How many trips across the Atlantic would it make for these discs if we got them out of the UK? Aren't they cast in Germany and machined in the US?
Sponsored