Sponsored

Where did you mount your amp/processor?

grumblin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Magnetic GT Premium
So after a whole year, I'm ready to try and "pretty up" my install. Right now the amp is mounted on the back seat with a snake den of wiring.

since I have the JL StealthBox, I'm thinking about mounting the amp and processor on the opposite side to free up the pass-through.

Has anyone put their amps there? Pictures, please! I'm really more interested in the "how" - as in how did you build a rack and how you mounted it to the chassis.

Thanks
Sponsored

kingofsting

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Shadow Black / Redline Interior
How big is the amp? In my 05 I mounted an Infinity 5761a to the carpeted spare wheel cover (I reinforced it) and in my 13 I mounted a 2channel Rockford Amp to the back seat. In both instances I cut into the carpet with very small and thin slits to run wires. In my 16, I have a JL HX300/1 bolted directly to the metal tray between the rear speakers and the rear seat backs, with the wiring tucked away into the open oval slots. As far as mounting in the rear driver's side wheel well area, I remember seeing racks for sale online for past model years; I presume someone has a prefab solution for sale.

stoli

Fat Guy Racing
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
'15 Black GT/PP
Spare tire well, out of sight, out of mind.

plc268

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Patrick
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium Race Red
So after a whole year, I'm ready to try and "pretty up" my install. Right now the amp is mounted on the back seat with a snake den of wiring.

since I have the JL StealthBox, I'm thinking about mounting the amp and processor on the opposite side to free up the pass-through.

Has anyone put their amps there? Pictures, please! I'm really more interested in the "how" - as in how did you build a rack and how you mounted it to the chassis.

Thanks
If you're talking about fitting in the opposite side of the trunk to the subwoofer (and you want it to be form fitting), then the easiest way it to make a cardboard template of the shape you need to cut. Transfer the template to some thin plywood or other material of choice and cut it out with a jig saw. Carpet it with trunk liner carpeting if you want it to blend in.

wildcatgoal

@sirboom_photography
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
I haven't put my amps there because I have yet to install the system, which will have the amps in the tire well. But, I have done this on numerous cars and it starts with cardboard and ends with a router... and unfortunately notable added weight. It ain't easy...

Sponsored

Markbnh1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Escape & 2015 Ruby Red GT Premium
I have the JL Stealthbox and the JL amp is mounted under the drivers seat. Out of sight, out of mind. It just works! No photos...can't see it! Stealth!

Coconut

Poptart
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Aaron
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Magnetic manual
I have the JL Stealthbox and the JL amp is mounted under the drivers seat. Out of sight, out of mind. It just works! No photos...can't see it! Stealth!
Photos please! How the hell did you fit and amp under there? With the seat all the way down, there is literally no room there. Unless you have it at the rear of the front seat..

stoli

Fat Guy Racing
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
'15 Black GT/PP
As bad as these seats cool, I wouldn't want to be adding any more heat under them. ;)

xraystyle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecoboost Premium, Magnetic
Photos please! How the hell did you fit and amp under there? With the seat all the way down, there is literally no room there. Unless you have it at the rear of the front seat..
Yes, this.

I can't see how an amp fits under the seats. I'd really like to upgrade my system but I don't want to give up cargo space and my car came with a spare tire. I'd love to be able to cram an amp under the seat.

What amp model?

Markbnh1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Escape & 2015 Ruby Red GT Premium
Yes, this.

I can't see how an amp fits under the seats. I'd really like to upgrade my system but I don't want to give up cargo space and my car came with a spare tire. I'd love to be able to cram an amp under the seat.

What amp model?
It's the JL XD 600 sub amp. The seat was removed and the amp attached to the carpeting in a small well under the drivers seat. The power seat can still move but just brushes the top of the amp. No heat problems in 7 months of use. A volume control knob is installed in the center console.

My shop is good. What can I say. I wish I took photos during the install but didn't.
Sponsored