Sponsored

Where are the HPDE and Time Trial Drivers??

raiderjatt02

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jessie
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 - Track Pack; 1995 GT - Saleen Clone
We're out here! I just wish I could afford to go more often. I might only get to 3 or 4 events this year.
Sponsored

OnTrack

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Patrick
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350 Ruby Red
I'm fairly new to this forum, but have plan to take mine to the track and autocross. Probably not as competitive as I'd like for TT due to weight and will be building a track only C5 starting next year again. I have tracked mustangs and my last car was a c6z. Looking forward to seeing what this car can do comparatively to my c6z.

LAPTIMZ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
I would meet the aforementioned criteria however I'm still 6-8 seconds off of the cars full potential.....welp.....can't win em all

firestarter2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RR G350 Track
Ill be on the track again this year but finances may cause me to cut back a little on days :(

TDC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350, 2019 Challenger Scat Pack Widebody, 2019 Corvette Grand Sport
No Time Trials for me but HPDE and AutoX for the last 3 years.
As was said previously the GT350 is track ready outside of the 2016 base and Tech pack cars. I have a 2016 tech pack and added the trans cooler. Since then no upgrades needed besides BMR camber bolts to get better front tire life. Religious adherence to fluid replacement is a must for any car being tracked.
2018 was a fun year as I attended 15 track days at four different tracks plus a class win in AutoX. Consumables, event costs, track insurance etc. expensive as hell so going to cut back a bit for 2019.

Sponsored

FogcitySF

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW E90 M3 | GT350R | Porsche 911 GT3 RS (991)
As mentioned, there are a lot of people who came from the BMW and Porsche world who wanted a cost-effective, factory-supported in HDPE (via warranty), high performance alternative particularly in a high-revving normally aspirated platform. For me it was the combination of relatively low cost (compared to GT3s or Ferraris), excellent handling characteristics, high-revving normally aspirated engine perfect for the track, the ease with which you don't have to futz around with a bunch of mods to get it track ready, and the fact you can have the best of European handling, high-revving engine, and styling in an American Musclecar with high displacement and an unequalled exhaust sound. It's so completely different from anything out there and it's going to stay that way!! Glad you'll be enjoying it in the way it was meant to be enjoyed.

Just because of low production, I don't see too many GT350s or Rs at the track in HDPE or open track days...with some events there may be 3-4 including myself, but on most days its either just me or me and another person (this is especially true with the R, where I'm usually the only person). Having said that, I do think those who own the GT350/R, a higher proportion of them go to the track vs the BMW and Porsche world.

mustang5o

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Oxford White Mach 1 Handling Pack
Might be looking at a 2016 Track Pack which would be used for HPDE several times a year. Anyone have any thoughts on long term track reliability? I change my fluids regularly in my Boss right now and know that's necessary. I'm wanting to move into an IRS car which I presume would be better on road since it would also be a street car. I was considering PP2 but I just missed out on a great deal. Now there's a pretty good deal on a 2016 track pack with like 9000 miles on it. Sounds like the price is going to be pretty good though.

chedder

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350, 2017 Raptor SC, 2016 custom crew cab

30 plus years teaching HPDE, Senior Instructor PCA NA and various other marques here in the NW. Yes, we're around and love the GT350 and its track capability.

OP
OP
Gray Ghost GT

Gray Ghost GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2009 Mustang GT 5.0l 3V
Vehicle Showcase
Great driving Randy! Inspiring video demonstrating the capabilities of the GT350. Thanks for posting.

chedder

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350, 2017 Raptor SC, 2016 custom crew cab
Here in the NW we have a core of 7 hard core drivers and more coming. At our Mustang event there were a dozen, some teaching and others learning.