Sponsored

Where are people stowing cell phone in car?

BigW25

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium DIB
Since the Sync update and being able to use Android Auto, I've been trying to figure out the best place to stow my cell phone. I no longer need to see the screen, so the vent mount I was using is not needed. I've already bent a USB cable when just plugging in and putting the phone into the arm rest, not to mention forgetting the phone in the car on more than one occasion.

I do think the arm rest is my best bet for longer drives, especially if I have a passenger. For shorter solo drives, I am looking for another solution.

Anyone have any ideas?
Sponsored

stoli

Fat Guy Racing
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
'15 Black GT/PP
Leave it in your pocket.

TheDivaDanielle

Living the Dream
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Danielle
Vehicle(s)
2016 GTPP Vert / 2016 Focus RS
my purse.

HizliBullet

GT350
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mustang
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350, 17 Edge Sport
Vehicle Showcase
with AA, on the tiny rubber pad by the front outlet

Sponsored

cm88_bruins

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang Ecoboost Premium PP
Since the Sync update and being able to use Android Auto, I've been trying to figure out the best place to stow my cell phone. I no longer need to see the screen, so the vent mount I was using is not needed. I've already bent a USB cable when just plugging in and putting the phone into the arm rest, not to mention forgetting the phone in the car on more than one occasion.

I do think the arm rest is my best bet for longer drives, especially if I have a passenger. For shorter solo drives, I am looking for another solution.

Anyone have any ideas?
I have the same question. I am using the USB port inside the center console (there's a cut on the passenger side for cable to come out of). I was looking at this, but not sure I like the material/texture of it: http://www.americanmuscle.com/seatarmour-center-console-tribar-1516.html

stoli

Fat Guy Racing
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
'15 Black GT/PP
Not very practical when using Android Auto since that requires a USB connection.
My mistake - forgot it required a cable connection.

Racemaster

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.skspeed.com
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2015 Roush 2003 Marauder
https://ibolt.co/navigator/ipro2-combo-mfi-car-dock

I took an old cigarette lighter gooseneck,and adapted their mount to it.I will take a picture in the next day or so for you.Or you can just use the mounts that come with the kit.I like this mount because it is powered,no more plugging cables in.

Sponsored

SQ_S550

rollin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
Mine goes in the door pocket, but I also don't use AA. I use to pu mine in the pocket in front of the shifter or between the E-brake and console.

lemers

Globetrotter
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
Cubby in front of the shifter

vernonator

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT w/PP - Race Red
When using the cable (AA or Charging) I just drop it in the cupholder. Find the little spot by the shifter is too small for the Edge 7. Have had is slide out a few time when doing "spirited" driving :)

Joemomma22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Magnetic GT PP
i always place mine in the rearmost cupholder (as i often have a drink in the front one). If both are occupied my phone will live in the emergency brake boot between the lever and the cupholders.

xraystyle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecoboost Premium, Magnetic
I put mine on the little rubber mat in front of the shifter. I got a good quality 6" USB cable to plug it in right there, no excess cable hanging off to get tangled up in things.

It's a Samsung S6 Edge with a thin case on it. Works great, never slides around.
Sponsored