Sponsored

When you put new exhaust in your Mustang, it will make the car sound louder in the first few days

Dinokill3.7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang Gt PP
I don’t know if this common knowledge but I guess the new pipes will make the the car sound wayyyyyy louder for the first few days before they settle in.

When I put shorty headers, X pipe and mufflers delete on my V6 the car sounded louder on the first few days until the loudness came down a little bit.

Now I just recently put H-Pipe and Bassani axle back on my GT and the first 2 days the car sounded so loud that I was regretting modifying the exhaust but thankfully the loudness went down a little after the first 3 days or so
Sponsored

compprep

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
19 GT PP1,1986 SVO, 2020 Ridgeline(SOLD!)
Yes carbon build up on all that bare metal is what causes the change.

RazorRS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rafael
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Mustang GT Performance Pack 1
I put a H Pipe on my GT the first time deleted the resonator, it was so loud lmao. I almost convinced myself I don't need a aftermarket exhaust (I have a AE )but when the car temp gets warm then it's not as loud as a cold start... still loud don't get me wrong however I prefer a deep tone on the GT than a raspy x pipe..

NightmareMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Vehicle Showcase
Carbon, or just good old fashioned hearing loss? :turkey:

RazorRS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rafael
Vehicle(s)

Sponsored

OP
OP
Dinokill3.7

Dinokill3.7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang Gt PP
I put a H Pipe on my GT the first time deleted the resonator, it was so loud lmao. I almost convinced myself I don't need a aftermarket exhaust (I have a AE )but when the car temp gets warm then it's not as loud as a cold start... still loud don't get me wrong however I prefer a deep tone on the GT than a raspy x pipe..
Yeah. It seems that everybody put Xpipe in their cars and barely anyone has H-pipe anymore

LOL WUT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 GT
I’d like to see the science behind this. My guess is you’re just getting used to it.

Mike Pfeifer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby Red Mustang GT A10
I’d like to see the science behind this. My guess is you’re just getting used to it.
I didn’t want to be the one to say it, but looks like the horse is out of the barn now. I have seen a few comments here and there stating the same thing, but I’m skeptical.

RazorRS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rafael
Vehicle(s)
Yeah. It seems that everybody put Xpipe in their cars and barely anyone has H-pipe anymore
lol tell me about it, I been getting recommendations to get a double x pipe lalala etc. I was like hell no that raspy X pipe is nice and all but the sound of it doesn't appeal to me as a H pipe is more a deeper tone..
Sponsored