Sponsored

When will we see/hear some aftermarket exhaust on the GT350 and GT350R?

chuckty101

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350 Shadow Black
Ford spent millions of dollars & hours in RD designing that exhaust system for a maximum torque curve. Unless you're big time racer, I wouldn't spend the time & money change it.
Sponsored

OP
OP

stinger556

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Family hauler, for now
The unique sound of the voodoo is what makes the car. If I were to go with a traditional v8, I'd go get the new Camaro.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That's ridiculous. Not everybody thinks the GT350 sounds that great, I am not the only one.

What makes the car is the 5.2 FPC and 8,500 Redline. Unlike you I wouldn't throw away my loyalty to Ford over an exhaust note. I'll just get the 'R' and go with a different exhaust, or get a low-mileage '14 GT500

Voodooo

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
Carroll Shelbys Soul Lives Under My GT350 Hood
The unique sound of the voodoo is what makes the car. If I were to go with a traditional v8, I'd go get the new Camaro.

Why a Camaro? Why not a mustang gt 5.0l ?

Voodooo

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
I'm not necessarily trying to change the sound. I'm more into a performance standpoint.

nastang87xx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
Why a Camaro? Why not a mustang gt 5.0l ?
Because it IS the better performer. The only reason why one should get a non GT350 S550 is because they like the look, budget, or have some affection for say the engine. Nothing wrong with that.

Sponsored

Myshelby3425

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT
That's ridiculous. Not everybody thinks the GT350 sounds that great, I am not the only one.

What makes the car is the 5.2 FPC and 8,500 Redline. Unlike you I wouldn't throw away my loyalty to Ford over an exhaust note. I'll just get the 'R' and go with a different exhaust, or get a low-mileage '14 GT500

Geez, your the first I've seen.. I'm not brand loyal, so it wouldn't matter to me. I ordered the Shelby since there is nothing out there like it.

Never liked the Camaro but I test drove the new SS and its 100 times better than the previous gen. $39k with magnetic ride control and dual exhaust modes is a bargain.

nastang87xx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
Normally I'm all for mods but in this case, I'm not sure I would mess with perfection. I seriously think this exhaust is perfect as is. I *might* remove my resonators but that's it.
Do remove lol.

I'll try an off road mid pipe just for poops and pisses but I'm more than willing to understand that it could be a $150 or so bust.

I'm over long tube headers. The factory pieces already look relatively radical.

Voodooo

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
Because it IS the better performer. The only reason why one should get a non GT350 S550 is because they like the look, budget, or have some affection for say the engine. Nothing wrong with that.
I'm not telling anyone what to buy I just asked. I myself would never buy anything but a ford. And to say it's a better performance car isn't true. Maybe stock as of right now but to say it's a better car is false. Besides noting aftermarket can't change. But that's just my opinion. Not judging anyone's taste. The mustang has a bigger aftermarket following.

Myshelby3425

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT
I'm not telling anyone what to buy I just asked. I myself would never buy anything but a ford. And to say it's a better performance car isn't true. Maybe stock as of right now but to say it's a better car is false. Besides noting aftermarket can't change. But that's just my opinion. Not judging anyone's taste.

It's ok to be brand loyal, but no one is talking about fully modded but these motors will have somewhat similar power with basic bolt ons and the camaro is going to tough to beat at over 200lbs lighter. Stock vs stock, the 16 Camaro is waaaaaaaay ahead of the current GT in all aspects. Ford really needs to step it up with the next GT.

Here is a quick comparison between the 2 in exterior when I went to test drive.

Sponsored

_M_

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A Mustang
I know it's smaller but it looks bigger. Is it taller than your GT. I'm assuming that's your GT next to it?

bdub85

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bobby
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Package Shadow Black
I think all you would need are some offroad pipes to delete the resonators.

ForTehNguyen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT
Last edited:

Myshelby3425

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT
SS: 3760#, GT: 3817#. 8AT vs 6MT
http://www.caranddriver.com/compari...ng-performance-data-and-complete-specs-page-4

150# difference between base 1SS and fully decked GT
http://www.motortrend.com/news/2016-chevrolet-camaro-ss-vs-2016-ford-mustang-gt/

not seeing anywhere near over 200# lighter. Camaro lost weight but not that much, few comparisons I've seen put it about a 100# lighter than similarly equipped GT

Guess I rounded a little too high.. 153lbs

ForTehNguyen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT
maybe do headers to make it louder, keep the lovely stock exhaust sound and dual mode
Sponsored