Sponsored

When will the 2019 non-drilled OEM rotors be available for purchase?

tracktardicus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Toyota 86
Anyone have any info on when the OEM non-drilled rotors will be available?
Sponsored

honeybadger

Just don't care
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
When I spoke with WBLAN last month, they didn't have a timeline. Hopefully in the next month or two, tho. Hoping I can stretch it out and get a pair.

honeybadger

Just don't care
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
KR3Z 1125 C
KR3Z 1125 D

Both on backorder until 5/10/19
Ballin'. Think that date is fairly legit? Can't wait to get my hands on a set

Sponsored

Narwaniec594

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
17 Gt350
Hmmm wondering, why not drilled ? But solid? My understanding is drilled are better. I believe WAGNER Makes gt350 front solid rotors on rock auto 100 a piece

raiderjatt02

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jessie
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 - Track Pack; 1995 GT - Saleen Clone
Solid is way better because they don't crack as quickly after hard abuse on track. Drilled doesn't really help cooling all that much because they get caked in brake dust quickly and they're mostly for show. I can't wait to get me some solid rotors!

Narwaniec594

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
17 Gt350
Really? Even the two piece rotor like on ours gt350? Thanks for explainig , didnt knew that!

galaxy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
My understanding is drilled are better.
There was a time when cross-drilling (and slots) were created to alleviate gasses that would build up between the pad and the surface, but pad technology has eliminated that. I don't know the history exactly, but I had always been taught this was more the case than for cooling. And then there's also the argument with holes, you lose surface area. The benefits of increased surface area for actual braking outweighs any negligible effect you get from any cooling.

I believe WAGNER Makes gt350 front solid rotors on rock auto 100 a piece
That's gotta be (is most certainly) wrong. No way anyone makes a two piece (or even a quality one piece) rotor for this car for $100. If they do, I don't want it, that's for sure.

But I would add this argument...Don't ever, ever, ever, ever, let comments about cracks steer you away from cross drilled rotors. Like Jessie said, "they can crack under extreme track use". You'll be very hard pressed to ever have cracking issues on the street. If you like the looks like I do, run 'em!

Are the solid rotors side specific like the cross-drilled ones? Haven't heard if the veins are straight or curved (which would make them L/R specific).

Tank

9/11 - Never Forget
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
G0853
Are the solid rotors side specific like the cross-drilled ones? Haven't heard if the veins are straight or curved (which would make them L/R specific).
The two different PNs suggests they would be side specific, n’est pa?

Sponsored

galaxy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
Or F & R peut-ĂŞtre? That's why I asked...it would seem logical that we need two part numbers for F & R if they are not side specific, or four part numbers if they are.

Tank

9/11 - Never Forget
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
G0853
Or F & R peut-ĂŞtre? That's why I asked...it would seem logical that we need two part numbers for F & R if they are not side specific, or four part numbers if they are.
:like:

Man what a brain cramp I had....hope it clears before too long...

Last edited:

MikeR397

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford GT350R & Raptor; Ferrari 360, Aston Martin Vantage, Porsche Cayenne GTS, Jaguar XFR
Also non drilled/slotted rotors are easier to turn. Shops complain the drilled ones mess up there bits.

My buddy works at a Toyota dealer and turned my drilled R front rotors after 5 or 6 track days. Pads were completely gone and I got bad brake vibration right in the last session of the last day. Not convinced it wasn’t just pad build up that wouldn’t have corrected itself after new pads, but he offered for free so turned the front 2 and again has perfectly smooth vibration free. I did the math on turning and unless they crack, I could turn 3 times and do 4 groups of 5/6 track days would be about 20-25 days on this schedule before rotors are dead. That woould be nice and 3 years for me. I will switch to non drilled next time if available.

Are others having to turn rotors after a number of track days? How often are you replacing?

honeybadger

Just don't care
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
Also non drilled/slotted rotors are easier to turn. Shops complain the drilled ones mess up there bits.

My buddy works at a Toyota dealer and turned my drilled R front rotors after 5 or 6 track days. Pads were completely gone and I got bad brake vibration right in the last session of the last day. Not convinced it wasn’t just pad build up that wouldn’t have corrected itself after new pads, but he offered for free so turned the front 2 and again has perfectly smooth vibration free. I did the math on turning and unless they crack, I could turn 3 times and do 4 groups of 5/6 track days would be about 20-25 days on this schedule before rotors are dead. That woould be nice and 3 years for me. I will switch to non drilled next time if available.

Are others having to turn rotors after a number of track days? How often are you replacing?

You must be light on the brakes :) These are what mine look like after 10 track hours or so.
20180119_163905.jpg