Sponsored

When speed is no longer an issue, what would make you buy a new car?

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
I’ve always said fast is just what your used to. My 15 GT was capable of 9 second passes at 140mph in the 1/4. I got used to that. I traded that car for a 19 GT. Which is probably a high 11 second car stock. It feels incredibly slow to me right now. But a common sense daily driver should have enough power to make passing someone safe and easy. 0-60 should be in the high 4 low 5 second range. I’m one of the few old timers that loves all of the new technology. So I’d probably own an electric car. If someone can figure out how to get the same distance from full to empty as an ICE. And figure out how to recharge the batterie in the amount of time that a fill up takes at a gas station. I’d be all in.
Sponsored

cactus_kid

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
'21 GT (see sig)
A GT500 manual drop top. Now that, would entice me to give up the MGM and the RRR.

oneheadlite

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT PP1 2008 Saturn Sky Redline
Mostly torque for me.
Back in 1969, I witnessed a guy driving a '69 BOSS 429 Mustang down thru
the town where I lived.
I can still hear the car barking and leaving short black marks everytime
he'd pat the gas.
He'd just sit at a redlight, give the car gas and it would turn over the tires.
Four guys in the car; it was impressive to say the least. I was 15 at the time.

The next year the same guy had a '70 Ford Falcon w/a 429 BOSS as well.
He usually cleaned up on the 'redlight to redlight' runs.
I didn't see much of that car, though.

Of course, I wasn't in town that often.

RaceRed5.0

Threads
Reaction score
From Texas to Louisana to California back to Texas
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT 3.55, Modded 2006 Pontiac G6
Flying cars??? Most people can't even drive on the 2D surface of the Earth, let alone in 3 dimensions. Can you imagine every Karen flying? Oh heck no!
Meh there will be some auto guidance system onboard that will take you where you need to go. You wont have to worry about the Karen in front of you taking her 3 kids to soccer practice because you all will be going 250 mph+

Sponsored

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
Speed isn't really a motivator for me. I know Mustangs aren't fast, and that's not why I like them.

I will always enjoy a real GT car. Something that is 2 doors, with space, pace and grace. Two people traveling in comfort, with plenty of room for luggage, that can cruise at extended speeds for extended time/miles.

Which is silly, since I live in the city and I'm single. But there it is.

tom_sprecher

Living Race Car Free
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP 6MT Race Red
I pulled back my deposit on the C8. Simply not impressed. I've ridden in my friends new Z51. It is simply no fun with the paddles. Even he laments the lack of a manual. After having owned two from each of the previous gens, there won't be a C8 in the foreseeable future for me.
I don't know, either DCT paddles or standard stick, just as long as there's shifting to be done it's all good with me. Plus I plan to have a couple other cars with sticks anyway.
Sponsored