Sponsored

Wheel spacers installed (review and pics)

B-Mitch

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT
Hey guys, I installed my steeda 25mm spacers on my '21 Carbonized Gray GT Premium PP, and I'm not positive I'll keep them long. I do like the fact that they fill out the fender much better, but I don't really care for the "stock tire size, just stepped out" look. To me, it just looks like the wheels are the wrong offset when looking at it from the back. I'll have to step up to a wider rear tire to get the fill I want, without having that look. I had to trim the studs on the front, but that really wasn't hard at all... and you really don't have to trim much. I have also noticed that it doesn't corner quite like it did before the install, which I fully expected, but it's a little more noticeable than I expected. Without the spacers, the car would carve corners with NO drama at all at very aggressive paces, but now it'll slide sometimes. Overall, I'm happy I did it, until I can finally pick/afford some wider wheels/tires. I'll attach a few pics, but if anyone wants any specific pics, just tell me what you're looking for and I can grab them.

IMG_1303.jpg

IMG_1295 - Copy.jpg

IMG_1298 - Copy.jpg

IMG_1303 - Copy.jpg

IMG_1304 - Copy.jpg
Sponsored

sabtaj1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 Mustang GT, 1965 Fairlane 500 wagon
Lowered with wheel spacers makes all the difference with stock wheels. Looks as if yours is stock height.

OP
OP
B-Mitch

B-Mitch

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT
Lowered with wheel spacers makes all the difference with stock wheels. Looks as if yours is stock height.
It is... for now. I was about to buy the Ford lowering springs made for the magneride suspension, and then I saw the package that includes the "tune" for the magneride system. Now I'm torn on which to get. I'm already a PP car, so it has the upgraded sway bars, but I want the tune for the suspension...

tosha

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT PP1
It is... for now. I was about to buy the Ford lowering springs made for the magneride suspension, and then I saw the package that includes the "tune" for the magneride system. Now I'm torn on which to get. I'm already a PP car, so it has the upgraded sway bars, but I want the tune for the suspension...
Depends on your goals, I guess. Took my stock PP1 to the track for the first time and by the 3rd turn on a warmup lap I was thinking what to do with all this body motion. IMO, PP1 stock is great for street, as long as you don't plan to push the car much beyond reasonable street limits. If you want to preserve stock ride quality as much as possible while achieving lower stance, I would go with springs only and save some cash. Go for full package with sway bars and tune if you're targeting handling improvements as main goal.

Also check a recent thread about it - couple people seem to be not very happy with the added stiffness of handling pack.
I will be booking the installation in next couple days 😄

Bulutt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Get the Steeda Magnaride lowering springs or if you want to go lower get Whiteline spring. Will transform the look of your car while keeping the ride quality and almost certainly make you happy.

Sponsored

OP
OP
B-Mitch

B-Mitch

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT
Get the Steeda Magnaride lowering springs or if you want to go lower get Whiteline spring. Will transform the look of your car while keeping the ride quality and almost certainly make you happy.
Actually, the reason I've chosen the Ford springs is because they're only a 3/4" drop. I'm just not a fan of the slammed look. I Def want it a little lower than mine is currently, but not a ton.

PHX ATC

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Toby
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT & 2020 Explorer ST & 2022 Porsche 911
Actually, the reason I've chosen the Ford springs is because they're only a 3/4" drop. I'm just not a fan of the slammed look. I Def want it a little lower than mine is currently, but not a ton.
I have a 2020 PP1 w/Magenride and it is lowered with the GT350 Ford springs (or whatever they're called). Ironically, I am thinking of adding spacers.

How much did you have to trim off the studs? Front and rear both? How did you do it?

I'm just beating around the bush in doing it and am lazy.

OP
OP
B-Mitch

B-Mitch

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT
I have a 2020 PP1 w/Magenride and it is lowered with the GT350 Ford springs (or whatever they're called). Ironically, I am thinking of adding spacers.

How much did you have to trim off the studs? Front and rear both? How did you do it?

I'm just beating around the bush in doing it and am lazy.
Do you have a Pic of your lowered car you can post? You have to trim just the front studs. For some reason they put longer studs on the front than the rear 🤔 . You really don't have to trim much. When I measured the depth of the pocket in the pp wheels and compared it to the stud protruding from the spacer, it ended up that I cut in the third thread valley from the end of the stud. I used a dremel, and it worked OK. If I had to do it over again, I'd Def use an angle grinder. Just make sure to put the nuts that come with the spacers on the studs before you cut them, so that you can clean the threads by taking the nuts off!

Sponsored

Bulutt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
1 inch is hardly slammed. To me it just looks right, the way it should have come from the factory.

Bullitt side view.jpg

OP
OP
B-Mitch

B-Mitch

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT
I agree that 1" isn't slammed... I'm just saying that I personally hate the slammed look much more than the stock ride height look, so I'd rather err on the side of not enough drop rather than borderline more than I'd like. 1" might be just fine once I see it, but I just don't want to take that chance. I wish I lived in an area where I could see in person what each drop looks like, because pics are just too hard to tell.

Bulutt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
I agree that 1" isn't slammed... I'm just saying that I personally hate the slammed look much more than the stock ride height look, so I'd rather err on the side of not enough drop rather than borderline more than I'd like. 1" might be just fine once I see it, but I just don't want to take that chance. I wish I lived in an area where I could see in person what each drop looks like, because pics are just too hard to tell.
Maybe this shows it better.

E8472997-36A0-4A4D-BA67-3A3A3BFD89F2.jpeg

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
I like that stance.
Steeda Magnaride springs AND spacers?
Same here - can you elaborate on your suspension parts used? It looks damn nice!
Sponsored