Wheel Spacers. 20mm or 25mm?????

Fordever

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Derek
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT/CS Convertible
Wondering which would look better? I have a Cali Special with factory 8.5" rims and the tires are 255-40-19.

I have looked at lots of setups and some 25mm spacers seem to make the tires stick out more on some cars than others. I am assuming it because of different tire and rim setup.

I want flush-ish or even tucked in a "LITTLE".

Which should I get, if I do decide???:shrug:
Sponsored

jbailer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2015 EB Magnetic Premium PP 50AP
Personally I think 20mm would look better but you'll need to go at least 23mm if you don't want to have to cut the factory studs down a little to keep them from hitting the back of the wheel.

OP
OP
Fordever

Fordever

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Derek
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT/CS Convertible
Personally I think 20mm would look better but you'll need to go at least 23mm if you don't want to have to cut the factory studs down a little to keep them from hitting the back of the wheel.
Whats your setup?

attachment.jpg

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
20 should work with your wheels and will look better.

jbailer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
Whats your setup?
Mine are 25mm front and rear on the stock 19x9 PP EB wheels. The front is fine, the back is just a little wider than I would like.

Sponsored

CJRogue

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
Are there any downsides to spacers? I'd like to widen the stance on my '15 GT 50th appearance wheels too.

OP
OP
Fordever

Fordever

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Derek
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT/CS Convertible
Mine are 25mm front and rear on the stock 19x9 PP EB wheels. The front is fine, the back is just a little wider than I would like.
I think yours look great. So, maybe 25mm is good for me :cheers:

Mustang_Lou

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang Bullitt
I've got a set of 4 25mm arriving this week. My back wheels have a bit of negative camber so I hope that'll tuck them in the few mm's needed so they don't do as jbailer says.

jbailer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
I've got a set of 4 25mm arriving this week. My back wheels have a bit of negative camber so I hope that'll tuck them in the few mm's needed so they don't do as jbailer says.
It's fine really. If I remember right, I have my back camber at -1 or -2*. The wheel itself is not past the fender but the tire bulge is. I just think a 20mm in the rear would be enough that it would be just inside. I've never had a problem with it rubbing or hitting and I'm not gentle. I corner very hard and not afraid of bumps. It's more a preference of looks, it is aggressive though.

Mustang_Lou

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang Bullitt
I agree on the looks part. If I feel the tire bulges too much I'll buy a thinner set for the back.

Sponsored

MaskedRacerX

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DT
Vehicle(s)
'21_JWS4XE / '21_TM3P
For those running PP wheels, Motorsport Tech makes a 23mm for the rear, still clears the lugs, but tucks the wheel in just a _tad_ more.

Paul@PKAUTODESIGN

The Wheel guy
Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
WWW.PKAutoDesign.com
First Name
Paul A.
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350 Tech Pack #G5531 Avalanche Grey
I would say 23 mm all around, The above mentioned company has them, we also make them on order with the studs pressed in.

Only downside is this, dont get a bad quality spacer, ensure the product you are getting is proper in material and construction and youll be fine. Oh and dont overtorque the nuts please.

MaskedRacerX

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DT
Vehicle(s)
'21_JWS4XE / '21_TM3P
I would say 23 mm all around, The above mentioned company has them, we also make them on order with the studs pressed in.

Only downside is this, dont get a bad quality spacer, ensure the product you are getting is proper in material and construction and youll be fine. Oh and dont overtorque the nuts please.

Holy smokes, I can't agree with this enough. This is the part, that's holding on your wheels, that supports the weight of the car ...

I know, let me get some random parts from Ebay :lol:

Mustang_Lou

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang Bullitt
For those running PP wheels, Motorsport Tech makes a 23mm for the rear, still clears the lugs, but tucks the wheel in just a _tad_ more.
Thanks for that ... the make 20, 23, & 25mm. Pricey at $65 each mind you.

MaskedRacerX

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DT
Vehicle(s)
'21_JWS4XE / '21_TM3P
Thanks for that ... the make 20, 23, & 25mm. Pricey at $65 each mind you.
Yeah, the MoSpo Tech are pricey, but use ultra high quality materials, lifetime warranty - they had a killer Group Purchase last year, but I actually scored mine lightly used.

Here's how it sits - note I also just added some CPC splash guards, that are highly recommended - any splash guards, though these are solid product too:
IMG_0432.jpg
Sponsored