Sponsored

Wheel hop. Spent more money in repairs then mods smh

robmustang201528

15 mustang gt302blown
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15pp
Wheel hop is destroying my car. I've broken the passenger side diff bolts twice, broken driverside haveshaft twice, also broke 3rd gear In the MT82. I have the steeds red diff bushings, (thinking about putting the black ones in) BMR cradle lockout and BMR links. Is there a kit I can buy that eliminate this horrible wheel hop, that works? Does BMR have a stop the kit? A buddy of mine was telling my stock rear shocks aren't the best and maybe I should start with that. What do you guys think? What works? I have 3:73 PP car basic bolt ons and a tune.
Sponsored

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
2019 Steeda Mustang - White Carbon Edition
Vehicle Showcase
Rob,

We have had tremendous success with our complete Stop the Hop Package:

I am beyond please with everything that Jamie did for the installation and alignment. David was an absolute pleasure to deal with in buying and setting up the appointment for me. Everyone at Steeda has been a joy. The car has been completely transformed. The ride quality with the progressive springs is 3 times better vs. the stock GTPP springs. The handling of the car is just perfect. It is so, so flat now when pushing the car hard in any type of turn. Brake dive has been greatly reduced. I would say by 80-90%. I can mash the brake pedal and it just stops, so tried and true. The front-end barely dives at all. This is from 70-75mph and just mashing the pedal. It truly begs for more speed when entering turns. Of course, this only on roads and not a race track or autoX course. Wheel hop has been greatly reduced. I still have a couple more parts to order to virtually eliminate it all together and those will be ordered at a later date. Shifting hard to 2nd gear, I just now get wheel spin and no hop. Only time I get a little hop is via a hard launch. But again, it is greatly reduced and doesn't happen all the time. The car is so quiet, no increase in NVH in anyway. This has been some of the best money I have ever spent on any car mods, PERIOD. Their parts deliver what they promise and produce outstanding results. Anyone on the fence, I highly recommend you go ahead and purchase their "stuff".
Also, here is a great article by Billy Johnson & his success with our kit too:http://www.motoiq.com/MagazineArticles/ID/4570/TESTED-Steeda-Anti-Wheel-Hop-Package.aspx

With that being said, send me your contact info & I can send it to our tech & suspension team - start looking at a solution to help fix your issues.

Look forward to hearing from you so we can get you dialed in.

TJ

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
What tires are you using? Some of them are much worse than others. What pressures?

The only big thing left to really eliminate hop outside of tires is the RLCA bearings available from BMR (BK055 or BK081), Steeda, J&M and Cortex racing. I have a feeling your issue is quite tire related, though.

WhiteyDog

WOOF!!!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT PP
What tires are you using? Some of them are much worse than others. What pressures?

The only big thing left to really eliminate hop outside of tires is the RLCA bearings available from BMR (BK055 or BK081), Steeda, J&M and Cortex racing. I have a feeling your issue is quite tire related, though.
BmacIL has a point with this.
I have the Steeda Stop the Hop (and other items) with Continental EX Cont Sport 315's in the back and have literally no issues.

Sponsored

OP
OP

robmustang201528

15 mustang gt302blown
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15pp
I run tires around 32 pounds all the way around. I lowered them to 25 at the track and broke a halfshaft. Had them at 32 and broke a halfshaft and diff bolt(not at the same time) on the street.

OP
OP

robmustang201528

15 mustang gt302blown
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15pp
It literally only took a second. Hop and pop the 2nd time. I didn't even get a chance to switch into 2nd. Other times it was the 2-3 shift. I'm like damn.... 1st spins, 2nd gears breaks halfshafts, 3rd breaks 3rd gear smh. I just slow shift into 3rd now. If I feel the hop at any point... I just get out of it

OP
OP

robmustang201528

15 mustang gt302blown
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15pp
Oh and 2-3rd breaks rear diff bolts. I have the steeda diffbolt kit

IvanCRF

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.On'ry
After shearing a diff bolt with the black inserts in the street, I made sure it would never happen again because the repair was very time intensive for me.

With solid aluminum diff bushings, and all the other suspension mods in my signature, I cannot make my car hop even in the winter when I use the stock Pirelli 235 tires. I just spin my tires with them, but don't hop.

Yes, tires will help, but if you don't care much about NVH, get rid of all possible suspension bushing deflection and you won't hop regardless of tires.

Sponsored

wildcatgoal

@sirboom_photography
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
So, I have the aluminum differential bushing inserts. I also have the Steeda IRS package including the LCA bearing, which is key. The ONLY time I get wheel hop is if I violently launch the car - stupidly clutch dropping retardo kinda launching. These cars have to be feathered (via a clutch slip dance) off the line. You may want to try an alternative launch method.

OP
OP

robmustang201528

15 mustang gt302blown
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15pp
I broke on rolls. 2nd gear pulls. I'm try the BMR (BK055 or BK081 first. Hopefully this will fix my problem since I already have the BMR links, BMR cradle and steeds diff bushings