Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
2019 Steeda Mustang - White Carbon Edition
Vehicle Showcase
We were impressed with the improved precision on track. In the corners, the rear of the car feels more responsive, predictable, and ‘in-phase with the front of the car. At corner entry, the rear now takes ‘a set’ in the corner at the same time as the front and carves through the corner without lagging behind due to deflecting subframe bushings. On throttle, the rear of the car is a lot sharper and feels as if the rear spring rates are stiffer, but the rear grip was actually increased slightly from turn-in, mid-corner, and track-out.

Check out the full review from Billy Johnson here:

https://motoiq.com/tested-steeda-anti-wheel-hop-package/7/
Sponsored

GTX

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ian
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
We were impressed with the improved precision on track.
With solid subframe bushings I address the first two products listed below correct? If solidly mounted, do I still need an IRS subframe support brace?

Toe links are toe links and provide adjustability, for contact patch but nothing really for solidifying the rear end.

Monoball LCA bushings would help tighten up the rear end, but those are optional and not included like the toe links. Why?

Package Includes
  • 555-4437 - 2015 Steeda Mustang IRS Subframe Bushing Support System
  • 555-4438 - 2015 Steeda Mustang IRS Subframe Alignment Kit
  • 555-4121 - 2015 Steeda Mustang Billet Aluminum Vertical Links
  • 555-5754 - 2015 Steeda Mustang IRS Subframe Support Braces
  • 555-4120 - 2015 Steeda Mustang Adjustable Rear Toe Links

NightmareMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Vehicle Showcase
If I do vertical links, solid subframe bushings, solid rear diff bushings and switch to front and rear lower control arm bushings to moniballs will I have achieved all parts necessary to “stop the hop”?

Apologies if this has been covered, but a lot of it seems like gimmicks and run around tactics to confuse the consumer.

A bullet point list of stock components that need to be addressed to tighten up the rear end of the S550 would be greatly appreciated. Possible solutions would be great, but once you know what needs to be addressed, finding that should be rather straight forward.
The movement in the rear is due to stacking of deflection and tolerances in all the parts between the wheels and the body, but all those connections and joints are not equal contributors to wheel hop or deflection.

For example, I only replaced the lower rear control arm bushings with bearings and did the Ford Performance rear toe link bearing and its night and day better. Granted, those rear bearings aren't the easiest mod. I never had big complaints with tire hop on the street (using good quality tires), and my main goals were to reduce rear toe deflection. Those two mods seemed to do that pretty well.

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
With solid subframe bushings I address the first two products listed below correct? If solidly mounted, do I still need an IRS subframe support brace?

Toe links are toe links and provide adjustability, for contact patch but nothing really for solidifying the rear end.

Monoball LCA bushings would help tighten up the rear end, but those are optional and not included like the toe links. Why?

Package Includes
  • 555-4437 - 2015 Steeda Mustang IRS Subframe Bushing Support System
  • 555-4438 - 2015 Steeda Mustang IRS Subframe Alignment Kit
  • 555-4121 - 2015 Steeda Mustang Billet Aluminum Vertical Links
  • 555-5754 - 2015 Steeda Mustang IRS Subframe Support Braces
  • 555-4120 - 2015 Steeda Mustang Adjustable Rear Toe Links
I spoke to one of our installation experts who also has a lot of experience on the track - this is his feedback:

"Solidly mounting the subframe to the body is stuff for all-out race cars. The S550 Mustang has an opportunity to improve upon the excessive deflection in all the mounting points & links associated with the IRS.

If you do solid mounts on the subframe and rod ends on all the links, you will transmit all the noises made by the gears, bearings, U-joints, CV joints all into the interior of the car making street use unbearable.

Our goal is to reduce/eliminate the deflection without inducing any additional noise, vibration and harshness into the car. (NVH)

I do not know anyone who has tested a solidly mounted subframe on an S550 to see how much deflection remains after installation.

But I’m pretty sure the sheet metal that it mounts to will still flex so there will still be a benefit to running our IRS braces."

Please let me know if I can helpput you in contact with Rodney to asisst further.

Thank you,

Have a great afternoon.

TJ

andrewtac

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
mark
Vehicle(s)
F250. 2020 GT 400A
I went all solid BMR, all our race car not quite. However, the whine of the gears is annoying. No way daily. I am going to try super pro bushings(cradle and diff) and everything else solid. It is loud but not horrible, if you don't spend a ton of time on the highway it is manageable. Went on a short trip with the wife, now trying g something different.

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Over the weekend, we had a tremendous amount of success with our Steeda components, not only on our class winner - the Steeda Bullet but many of the other enthusiasts at Mod Nationals were running Steeda too - with similar results!

https://www.steeda.com/2021-mod-nat...104148585&mc_cid=cb51e4a101&mc_eid=07c1f44c27

Silver Bullet
The newly Edelbrock-supercharged Silver Bullet made its first major debut outside of video online running true street class against many other incredibly fast cars. In order to prove that this was still a street car, the Silver Bullet completed a 30-mile drive before running three consecutive passes and averaging an incredible time of 8.77 seconds in the quarter-mile. This brought home the overall win in the class with the lowest average time. This run, on the base tune, set our best time yet at 8.69 seconds down the strip.

modNationals-body4.jpg

Leticia Hughes Racing
Many other vehicles that were racing were running Steeda parts as well, including the winner of the Grocery Getter class. Leticia Hughes won her class with a time of 10.31 at a speed of nearly 132 miles per hour. Her car has been setting high-speed runs consistently and continues to improve with each run. Running parts from both Steeda and Suncoast Performance, Hughes’ car has stayed in the high-9s and low-10s range every time.

modNationals-body3.jpg

Beefcake Racing
Terry Reeves from Beefcake Racing ran a personal best for his 60-foot acceleration with his full-weight 4,000lbs car. Running the Steeda Stop The Hop Ultimate Drag kit paired with his performance upgrades, Reeves got his 60-foot to 1.27 seconds. This insane time would not have been possible without our kit, according to Reeves.

modNationals-body5.jpg

Road Cone Terry
Terry Eshman (AKA Road Cone Terry) had been building his car for months to set it up as the fastest it has ever been. He went on to run a personal best in the 7-second range at 7.9 seconds at 178 miles per hour in his 2015 Whipple-supercharged Mustang GT using Steeda suspension. With this setup, his drag car was able to push harder than it had ever run before and was still being driven afterward.

modNationals-body8.jpg

Cory's Twin Turbo S550 Mustang
Driver Cory Graley also set a new personal best with his S550 Mustang GT. Running Steeda parts on his car, Graley ran his car hard in every heat. Although he hit a few snags, such as issues with his boost controller and steering rack issues, and more, his twin-turbocharged stock motor pulled the car all the way to an 8.60 at 158 miles per hour which won him his class.

modNationals-body2.jpg

David's Paxton Supercharged S550 Mustang
Local driver David Bright also ran his Paxton-supercharged 10R80-equipped Mustang GT on full Steeda suspension to a personal best in his 60-foot acceleration on one of his runs. Before hitting an issue with his car that kept it from running any further, Bright was able to pull off his best 60-foot acceleration yet. His combination of aggressive transmission tune, drag radials, and supercharger put out a respectable low-10-second run each time for a streetcar to run.

modNationals-body1.jpg
Sponsored