Sponsored

Wheel Fitment? Boss 302 19x10 on 2020 GT?

Bruiser2017

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT/CS Convertible
Been searching and searching and haven't found the answer. I am finalizing the deal on a 2020 GT/CS and am thinking about wheels larger than the CS 19 x 8.5 wheels. I am wondering if the Boss 302 wheels in the 19 x 10 size would fit on all four corners? It seems the Boss 19 x 9 wheels will and a staggered set up will work. Anyone try this?

Thanks,
-Bob
Sponsored

MidwayJ

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
The rear Laguna Seca wheels are 19x10. With an offset of 47.5 they won't fit up front without spacers.

OP
OP

Bruiser2017

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT/CS Convertible
The rear Laguna Seca wheels are 19x10. With an offset of 47.5 they won't fit up front without spacers.

Thank you for your reply. I am actually a little glad to read it. I just bought my car today, a 2020 gt/cs and while I wish the wheels and tires were wider I was also thinking is it worth a couple of thousand for an extra 1.5 inch of width and at the same time giving up the signature wheels. Now I can put this to bed and focus on other mods to make my car my car...

Thanks, Bob

MidwayJ

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Thank you for your reply. I am actually a little glad to read it. I just bought my car today, a 2020 gt/cs and while I wish the wheels and tires were wider I was also thinking is it worth a couple of thousand for an extra 1.5 inch of width and at the same time giving up the signature wheels. Now I can put this to bed and focus on other mods to make my car my car...

Thanks, Bob
Well, there are plenty of aftermarket options with proper fitment, and wider wheels and tires can improve both performance and looks. But I understand not wanting to upgrade immediately. Congratulations on the car!

Sponsored

OP
OP

Bruiser2017

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT/CS Convertible
Hmmn, stop the hop mods? Is there a problem with hopping? I bought my car yesterday but it's in Il and I'm in NM. It was picked up today and is scheduled for delivery on 8 Sept.

Prior to buying it I did drive a 2017 GT convertible and didn't notice anything bad. Does the extra 30 horsepower cause the car to behave badly?

I was thinking some super snake stripes or some GT350 style dual stripes :)

NightmareMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Vehicle Showcase
No wheel hop isn’t a big deal unless you’re driving like a teenager all the time or trying to launch hard with crappy tires or in wet conditions.

plenty of time for mods like that down the road, its would be pretty low on my list (and below some nice wide wheels and tires)

tnk_2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Henry
Vehicle(s)
2020 mustang GT, 401A, auto, CS, Ford SS.

Thanks, Bob
congrat. ABQ dealerships here won't want to deal at all. They think their cars in demand too much and I guess most people lived here would just buy with not much negotiation at all. I just bought one from Arizona on August 24th and drove it home to ABQ. My car is white 2020 mustang gt/cs also. I was thinking about square set up with SVE R350 19x10 with 275/40R19, but since mine comes with 255/40R19 I figure I would live with it and put the money into exhaust instead.

OP
OP

Bruiser2017

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT/CS Convertible
I am down in Alamogordo. I went to the dealer here to look at a 2017 GT and decided that with what they were asking for it my money was better spent on a new one. I asked about ordering one and they said they could locate me one. They found a black one with every option I wanted plus the engine heater. They wanted a little more than 56,000 to bring it in. I asked them to see if they could find a blue one and went home. That evening I found the one I ended up buying. It didn't have the engine heater but it did have everything else. All in after shipping, tax, tags and what-nots I'll be in it for something slightly less than 54,000.

It seems to be a weird time for buying cars whether used or new. Covid is f*****g everything up...

-Bob

tnk_2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Henry
Vehicle(s)
2020 mustang GT, 401A, auto, CS, Ford SS.
Yeah, I hope it will be over soon. I am going to have to go out cruising to look for those mustang packs and listen to their exhaust to see what kind I like and get me some cat back exhaust
Sponsored