What's your Fuel Mileage on 2018-2021 Gt's 5.0 with 10 sp or Standards

velocity550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joshua
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
I've had my car almost a year now and have never checked until today. Averaging 18.2 with a mix of city and highway. That's better then I thought lol.

Its funny because I was averaging 17 mpg in my type R lol
Sponsored

cahouston

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT A10 Premium
Vehicle Showcase
To my "Fellow Texan " Your 1/4 Mile ET. of 11.32 is amazing . Your mileage kinda sounds close to mine although you were set in @ 10 mph less in the 60 mph range . 11.7 to 11.9 is best I have done
in 1/4 mile time . So hats off to the "better driver " . I had 46 psi in frt. tires and 26 psi in rear with NO WATER BOX BURN OUT because there wasn't a waterbox available as my run was on a back road of great asphalt surface with a tape measured 1/4 mi. . I know it sounds kinda "RED NECK" but WE are what we are . Had two guys timing the runs and they were within "HUNDRETHS" of seconds on their readings . Course nothing more exact than a regulation Strip . But unfortunately closest is
100 miles away from my home . I know mileage is very last thing on the consideration "LIST" when buying one of these cars . I have 3:55 REAR GEARS . I wonder if 3:73 would be worth the cost and labor to try to get in low 11's .. EHHH ,Probably not . Thanks for everyone's response on a unimportant subject . That 5-6 MPG on track days is an "eye-opener" LOL ... Has anyone tried Aviation fuel ? Just wondering if that could screw up all that sensitive electronic preprogrammed
stuff under the Hood . Thnx Again folks ........Junqdawg
You have a good 1/4 time there considering it's an unprepped surface. My time was on a prepped track with skinnies in front and bias plies in the back. I had MT Sportsman SRs on the front but even being skinny, there was still some uneasiness at the top end because of the bias ply rear so I got bias ply fronts now but have not been back to the track.

For the street in an auto, I prefer a proper drag radial (non-bias ply) if looking for traction. I will likely put Nitro 555R2s on the rear 19s.

DemonGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1991 Mustang GT, 2021 Mustang GT PP1
2018 GT 6SP here. I've only had it for just over 2 weeks now. However I'm averaging right at 20MPG. That's from a mixture of what most normal people call "regular" driving about 40% of the time. The other 60% is "lets get moving folks", driving that consist of at least 4-4.5K rpm before shifts and no less then 1/4 throttle. Haven't gone on a highway trip yet, however I have high hopes. I'm coming from a '19 Charger Scat Pack that would easily get 26-27 MPG on the highway at 80+. Around town however, I could only mange about 12-14 out of it with the above driving.
Did the Charger deactivate cylinders?

Dfeeds

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
1997 Mustang (5.0 HO swap), 2019 Mustang GT PP1
19-20 mixed driving. 16-17 if I'm giving it a lot of throttle when I accelerate. 27 is the best I've gotten on road trips.

DopamineQuest

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500 Carbonized Gray
I've had two Gen 3 manuals, an 18 and a 20. Both have averaged 23.8-24.5 MPG overall for 10k mile tests. I drive 70% highway, and use 5w30 oil. 3.73 gears.

Sponsored

TXGTPig

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Danny
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Did the Charger deactivate cylinders?
When I first got it, yes. However that was only in normal mode and I always drove in sport. After 500 miles I got it tuned and had that turned completely off regardless of the mode. All above milage was in sport mode and no cylinder deactivation.

Soonertim4

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
2021 twister orange gt performance pack
21 gtpp manual 3:73 gears. Dont do 0-60 take offs, but leave quick and a lot of hard pulls while driving. Getting 19.8. I drive only in drag strip mode (cause that is where my car feels faster)😉. Live in tomball, tx. So far eveything stock except for h-pipe and drop in k&n filter. Running 5w-30 royal purple oil

OP
OP

JUNQDAWG

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
WILL
Vehicle(s)
2018 MUSTANG GT 5.0 10 SPEED
Thanks .. You gave me some great Tire Info ". I know I need some type of "Street Slicks " ,,THAT'S
OLDTIMER TALK ......The Nitros sound like what I need . Probably ain't cheap ,but "WHAT IS " now days .. STILL GOT THAT AVIATION FUEL QUESTION OUT THERE " Anyone used any yet ? if so what was the results ? "Good -Bad -Ugly " I was born in Houston 5th GEN. .. In the late 60's we Street raced on 'HOLLY HALL" out near the Astro Dome . New Concrete ,great Bite , Never Got "Busted" Can only imagine what it looks like 50 yrs later . Been gone 42 yrs. Thanks for info . stay safe. Junqdawg

BurntCheezit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP1 Auto
Here's some data over the last 2 years.
Highest was 28, lowest was 15
The big bunch of data was 3500m roadtrip
Whats interesting is there is no differential change in mpg when driving on OEM summer tires and 275/325 All seasons
1632075002013.png

obgod3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT, PP1, 401A, A10
Road trips at 80 often see 28 +-, I daily mine 80 miles per trip run about 24.8 avg.

Sponsored

oneheadlite

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT PP1 2008 Saturn Sky Redline
...GREAT mileage!!
I can go from full to empty between fill ups...........:clap:

DSC00162.JPG

Doug V

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
Maybe this "Subject" has already been discussed in the past . If so I can't find it .... Ok Maybe I'm a D.A."
Just took a 500 mile round trip to Houston from East Texas. Temp. was in MID 90's So A/C was constantly on .
I decided to drive intelligently just to see what I could Squeeze out of my 2018 Gt . 5.0 10 speed auto. Had the
Cheap ass P/Brand 19 inch Factory tires . New set /35 PSI air pressure . In no hurry so I drove 70 MPH thru the back roads to IH 45
South to Houston . With the 16 Gallon {TOO SMALL fuel Tank" } Ford needs to fix that joke ....!!!
I put a Pint of Octane Boost and filled up with 93 Octane Shell gas . It was 70 miles of 2 lane blacktop to reach the Inter-State
The Speed Limit was 75 . Put cruise on 78 and kicked back in the "SLOW LANE" so as not to get run over. Seems 75 means 85+
to my brother Texans . Filled up on way home after getting out of Houston Traffic . No PEE STOPS .
Ran the fuel to very top and hit the button on fuel mileage and LO AND BEHOLD ...... 27.8 MPG !!!!! Best ever before was 24mpg with normal Mustang GT driving ....
Don't know if octane boost helped or not and had only one episode of a necessary passing of an IDIOT where I was "BAD" and speedo hit 105 MPH
before I realized it and I immediately slowed back to my 78 mph testing speed . Anybody got any better mileage to report . ? I know we "DON'T BUY THESE MONSTERS"
For Fuel Mileage ,Just thought it would be interesting to see what they are capable of . Believe me ....All that open road and no traffic took all my will power to
keep my foot off the gas pedal . Kinda like 20 years ago driving with a Coors Lite in the cup holder and watching my Buddy drinking it as I sipped a "DIET COKE"
I may have driven a bit fast and may have drank "LOTSA COLD BEER " ...BUT NEVER DID BOTH AT THE SAME TIME !!!!!!!!! 35 plus years in the Wrecking Yard Business , I saw too many windshields with "Hair and Blood " and way too many "Sheets covering up IDIOTS and INNOCENTS " alike ....... Junqdawg
2020 GT, PP1 with 6-speed and 3.73. When being good, I can get around 25 on the freeway and 15 around town. Have recorded higher on long stretch from New Mexico to Texas, but that is a downward grade.

smoke_wagon_6g

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 GT
3 year lifetime MPG,

I log EVERY fill up, and I'm fun at parties,

12.32 MPG.

I'm having a lot of fun.

Bobn57

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
1968 Mustang Fastback, 2021 VB, GT/CS
Vehicle Showcase
Only have 267 miles of local and highway driving on my 21 GT/CS with MT82. As of this morning it shows 14+ mpg.
This is the first time I actually pulled up the trip info screen.
Think I'm getting a little better than my long gone 70 Torino Cobra with 429SCJ with 4 spd top loader.:crackup:
The GT/CS is a much tamer and refined ride compare to the Cobra but putting out a lot more ponies. Wish gas prices were lower. Paid around $3.75 this weekend for BP 93.
Sponsored