What's your Fuel Mileage on 2018-2021 Gt's 5.0 with 10 sp or Standards

JUNQDAWG

Well-Known Member
Joined
Apr 9, 2021
Messages
102
Reaction score
36
Location
Athens,Texas 75751
First Name
WILL
Vehicle(s)
2018 MUSTANG GT 5.0 10 SPEED
Maybe this "Subject" has already been discussed in the past . If so I can't find it .... Ok Maybe I'm a D.A."
Just took a 500 mile round trip to Houston from East Texas. Temp. was in MID 90's So A/C was constantly on .
I decided to drive intelligently just to see what I could Squeeze out of my 2018 Gt . 5.0 10 speed auto. Had the
Cheap ass P/Brand 19 inch Factory tires . New set /35 PSI air pressure . In no hurry so I drove 70 MPH thru the back roads to IH 45
South to Houston . With the 16 Gallon {TOO SMALL fuel Tank" } Ford needs to fix that joke ....!!!
I put a Pint of Octane Boost and filled up with 93 Octane Shell gas . It was 70 miles of 2 lane blacktop to reach the Inter-State
The Speed Limit was 75 . Put cruise on 78 and kicked back in the "SLOW LANE" so as not to get run over. Seems 75 means 85+
to my brother Texans . Filled up on way home after getting out of Houston Traffic . No PEE STOPS .
Ran the fuel to very top and hit the button on fuel mileage and LO AND BEHOLD ...... 27.8 MPG !!!!! Best ever before was 24mpg with normal Mustang GT driving ....
Don't know if octane boost helped or not and had only one episode of a necessary passing of an IDIOT where I was "BAD" and speedo hit 105 MPH
before I realized it and I immediately slowed back to my 78 mph testing speed . Anybody got any better mileage to report . ? I know we "DON'T BUY THESE MONSTERS"
For Fuel Mileage ,Just thought it would be interesting to see what they are capable of . Believe me ....All that open road and no traffic took all my will power to
keep my foot off the gas pedal . Kinda like 20 years ago driving with a Coors Lite in the cup holder and watching my Buddy drinking it as I sipped a "DIET COKE"
I may have driven a bit fast and may have drank "LOTSA COLD BEER " ...BUT NEVER DID BOTH AT THE SAME TIME !!!!!!!!! 35 plus years in the Wrecking Yard Business , I saw too many windshields with "Hair and Blood " and way too many "Sheets covering up IDIOTS and INNOCENTS " alike ....... Junqdawg
Advertisement

 

cahouston

Well-Known Member
Joined
Dec 24, 2019
Messages
284
Reaction score
250
Location
Houston
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT A10 Premium
Vehicle Showcase
1
Maybe it's the Houston air or roads but I have seen 28-30 MPG in my 2019 GT A10 with stock tune and stock PP1 wheels/tires and 3.55 gear. That is driving with selector in "D", normal mode, and exhaust in quiet mode. For me, the active exhaust setting seems to make a difference but maybe my foot just gets heavier in sport/track mode.

Those numbers were with mostly highway miles at 60-68 MPH and some brief surface street time on each end at 35-40 MPH.
 

MNstang

Well-Known Member
Joined
Jan 6, 2021
Messages
329
Reaction score
227
Location
Minnesota
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1
I have never reached 28 mpg here in MN but have been close - similar to your mileage. Car is a 2019 PP1 with 3.55s...
 

BEERCHAMP

Well-Known Member
Joined
Nov 9, 2020
Messages
421
Reaction score
1,397
Location
North Las Vegas
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS
Last summer I drove from Las Vegas to Deadwood SD, 2000+ miles round trip.
Set Cruise at 80mph, ran at 1900rpm , 3:15 rear end gears A10. 28.7mpg
Around town in Sport+ 17-19mpg. But I never care what I get around town.
 

Kermitz

Well-Known Member
Joined
Dec 22, 2018
Messages
738
Reaction score
742
Location
Vacaville CA
First Name
Seth
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1 300A M6
Vehicle Showcase
1
I’ve only taken my 2019 GT MT on the highway 3 times. It’s not my daily and it’s just a toy that I drive the canyons around the area. Been on E85 since it had 700 miles on the odometer. I get between 10-13 MPG.
 
Last edited:

Rapid Red

Well-Known Member
Joined
Nov 4, 2019
Messages
3,013
Reaction score
2,161
Location
Woodstock GA
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
RaceRed>GT PP2 >RXCAIL2
Vehicle Showcase
2
If driven correctly a manual will always get the better MPG. But manual drivers could care less bout MPG, it's more about grins per shift.
 

TomOz

Well-Known Member
Joined
May 27, 2020
Messages
50
Reaction score
55
Location
Canberra, Australia
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2018 Ruby Red, 5.0 / 10 speed
I managed 26 MPG (9L/100 Km) when doing a 7 hour trip during summer last year.
That's the actual calculated figures. The car said I did 27 MPG.

Around town it's around 15 MPG (16L/100 Km).

The worst was a track day at 5 MPG (44L/100 Km), but I didn't care. :cool:
 

1 old racer

Well-Known Member
Joined
Feb 20, 2018
Messages
1,050
Reaction score
1,190
Location
Fontana CA
First Name
Will
Vehicle(s)
2018 Royal Crimson GT PP1 prem., and others
Vehicle Showcase
1
I traded my 09 CTS-V that got 16 mpg at is best long freeway drive. So when I got my 18 GT 10 speed gas mpg is not a issue. So after over three years of ownership I have never even checked my mpg.
 

Dave2013M3

Well-Known Member
Joined
Aug 22, 2014
Messages
2,139
Reaction score
1,421
Location
El Segundo,Ca
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Mustang GT Base PP1 6MT Rapid Red
Putzing around in the city I can get 15-16mpg, on the highway near 26-28mpg.

I normally avg. 13-14mpg city and 22-24mpghwy.
 

m3incorp

Well-Known Member
Joined
Feb 6, 2020
Messages
2,974
Reaction score
1,663
Location
Georgia/Colorado
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium with Roush Phase 2, 2017 Corvette Z06, 2018 Subaru WRX, 2015 VW Golf, 2015 Ford Fusion
I've never actually tried to see how many mpg I "could" get since it most likely would be a one-time event.
 

TundraOnKings

Well-Known Member
Joined
Jun 7, 2021
Messages
293
Reaction score
331
Location
PNW
First Name
T
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT Prem PP1
11mpg.
Track days are like 6-8mpg.
 

TXGTPig

Well-Known Member
Joined
Sep 7, 2021
Messages
65
Reaction score
94
Location
United States
First Name
Danny
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
2018 GT 6SP here. I've only had it for just over 2 weeks now. However I'm averaging right at 20MPG. That's from a mixture of what most normal people call "regular" driving about 40% of the time. The other 60% is "lets get moving folks", driving that consist of at least 4-4.5K rpm before shifts and no less then 1/4 throttle. Haven't gone on a highway trip yet, however I have high hopes. I'm coming from a '19 Charger Scat Pack that would easily get 26-27 MPG on the highway at 80+. Around town however, I could only mange about 12-14 out of it with the above driving.
 

TXGTPig

Well-Known Member
Joined
Sep 7, 2021
Messages
65
Reaction score
94
Location
United States
First Name
Danny
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
I've never actually tried to see how many mpg I "could" get since it most likely would be a one-time event.
Yeah, I typically only watch MPG when I'm going on longer (2+ hour) road trips. Its like an experiment to me. Drive for 40 miles at 70mph, reset gauge, drive for 40 miles at 80mph, reset gauge, drive it like I really want to on open highways (90+), etc. and so forth.
 

m3incorp

Well-Known Member
Joined
Feb 6, 2020
Messages
2,974
Reaction score
1,663
Location
Georgia/Colorado
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium with Roush Phase 2, 2017 Corvette Z06, 2018 Subaru WRX, 2015 VW Golf, 2015 Ford Fusion
You need to get those RPMs up to about 6500 or so and let her rip :)

2018 GT 6SP here. I've only had it for just over 2 weeks now. However I'm averaging right at 20MPG. That's from a mixture of what most normal people call "regular" driving about 40% of the time. The other 60% is "lets get moving folks", driving that consist of at least 4-4.5K rpm before shifts and no less then 1/4 throttle. Haven't gone on a highway trip yet, however I have high hopes. I'm coming from a '19 Charger Scat Pack that would easily get 26-27 MPG on the highway at 80+. Around town however, I could only mange about 12-14 out of it with the above driving.
 

ice445

Well-Known Member
Joined
Apr 13, 2020
Messages
3,317
Reaction score
3,225
Location
Salt Lake City, UT
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
2020 GT with 3.55 and manual transmission. I average about 18.5 combined, and on straight highway trips at 80mph I get around 25-26. This is after I corrected my AFE in the engineering mode since it was super optimistic in the beginning.
 
Advertisement

 
MBGRAM-1
Advertisement
Top