HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
You saying the temp gauge is a drop in replacement for the vacuum gauge?
Not exactly. The part has both gauges. There is just one input for both: CANBUS. And it is plug and play as long as you don't have or don't care if you lose the MyColor.

302@12psi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Kona PP2 Recaros
My favorite would have to be Active Rev-Match. Makes driving so much more enjoyable. I get one can do it themselves but for casual or aggressive driving alike it makes it enjoyable.

Recaro's, Active Exhaust, Magneride, and PP2 wheels are all tied for 2nd place.

Sponsored

wanted33

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Convertible, 2006 GT Coupe
Without a doubt the adaptive cruise control. I would now never buy another car without it.
I agree JJ. I never thought I would like it, and planned on turning it off when we got the car home. But, I decided to give it a chance. As they say, the rest is history. Another I also though was a waste of money was the auto dimming lights head lights. Hell, those are the bee's knees. :)

sdiver68

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 GT PP1 10R80 Vert
Vehicle Showcase
I agree JJ. I never thought I would like it, and planned on turning it off when we got the car home. But, I decided to give it a chance. As they say, the rest is history. Another I also though was a waste of money was the auto dimming lights head lights. Hell, those are the bee's knees. :)
Please explain how you are using it. I tried it, hated it, kept using it trying to like it, turned it off.

The problem for me is it slows down too far away, even at the minimum distance setting. And it leaves such a large gap that people would just cut in front.

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
favorite feature = HOOD BLINKKERS! :thumbsup:
I didn't like them (at first). Since the driver (or passenger) can only see one of them, it was like a constant reminder of bad engineering. I was going to disable them, to keep from having to explain to passengers why anyone would put them where they couldn't be seen. Then I discovered my high mounted dash cam CAN see both of them and provide proof of signalling. SO..., now they are one of my favorite features.

wanted33

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Convertible, 2006 GT Coupe
Please explain how you are using it. I tried it, hated it, kept using it trying to like it, turned it off.

The problem for me is it slows down too far away, even at the minimum distance setting. And it leaves such a large gap that people would just cut in front.
I'm just using it as it says, and you're right it does reach out a long ways ahead. My problem is if I don't pay attention I will be going 5-10 mph slower because of the guy in front of me. I'm getting better at that though. Luckily being retired I don't have to get out there with the wannabe Dale Earnhardt's trying to get to work, cutting in and out of traffic.

Sponsored

Mr. Met

06 Time Person ofthe Year
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JJ
Vehicle(s)
2020 GTPP Premium, 2015 GT Premium, 1999 Expedition EB

Well, from that point of view, it will depend on how you drive. The point of using it, at least as I see it, is for two reasons. One, I dont have to have to worry about my speed while in traffic. While driving, if the car in front of me slows down it slows down, the car speeds up it speeds up. My niece goes to school at Stony Brook and I can nearly drive the whole way back to Queens without touching the gas or brake. The second, and maybe more important, is to decrease the risk of rear ending someone. Now, if you are one of those ******** that is riding two feet behind me because I am only going five over the speed limit, and constantly looking for the lane that will get you to your detestation seven seconds faster, then yes, you will not like it. I know a guy who drives like that. When I am in the car with him I always joke that he is trying to hitch up to the guy in front of him.

Funny side note. He drove me down to SC to pickup my Mustang last year and on the way back, he rear ended someone. Irony :cwl:

If you are leaving a large gap people aren't really cutting in front of you, their just changing lanes. In any case, I have never found that to be much of an issue, either from the stand point of it happening often or that I care much about it. As for the distance settings, the closet setting is 1 second, witch I never use. Under about 35mph I use the second setting witch is 1.4 seconds and the third or forth (1.8 or 2.2 seconds) on the highway. Not saying necessarily you, but If someone normally drives like a certain anatomical feature, then you will hate it.

oneheadlite

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT PP1 2008 Saturn Sky Redline
The 'accelorometer' in the display.
I've been known to Launch or take curves "Fast".

I like seeing the 'G' Force rating...............

sdiver68

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 GT PP1 10R80 Vert
Vehicle Showcase
Well, from that point of view, it will depend on how you drive. The point of using it, at least as I see it, is for two reasons. One, I dont have to have to worry about my speed while in traffic. While driving, if the car in front of me slows down it slows down, the car speeds up it speeds up. My niece goes to school at Stony Brook and I can nearly drive the whole way back to Queens without touching the gas or brake. The second, and maybe more important, is to decrease the risk of rear ending someone.
Haven't had a street accident in 25+ years, my driving is fine. Glad you like it, I find it quite unusable.

Andy13186

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT 10speed Aluminator Whippled
Drive modes I think , its like having different selectable tunes at least with the 10r80. I also love the pp1 package and wheel design although they are pretty heavy and hard to clean the handling and braking is good enough to not require modification.

Some things I miss from my old car are auto proximity locking and auto wipers. Also kind of wish I had the memory seats that can auto retract to make it easier to get in and out. I also find the vacuum gauge relatively useless and would prefer an oil level or temperature gauge. Rear seats are also relatively useless for anyone over 5'4 they should have made them deeper somehow to allow atleast a normal sized male to fit in without hitting their head on the roof..

Mr. Met

06 Time Person ofthe Year
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JJ
Vehicle(s)
2020 GTPP Premium, 2015 GT Premium, 1999 Expedition EB
Also kind of wish I had the memory seats that can auto retract to make it easier to get in and out.
I drive with the seat all the way back so I didn't realize they did that. The first time my uncle drove the car with my nephew in the back he nearly got crushed when the car was turned off.
Sponsored