Sponsored

What's your blend date if you're waiting for a steering wheel?

SRF2019gt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1, 2014 Mustang GT Base
It’s here, on my way to the stealership in about 30 mins.
A5AF65C6-11AD-47F0-B6D6-DA3E443891EB.png
Cool to see yours finally being delivered. That’s a long time from order to delivery. I finally got an email from the assistant manager at my dealership. It’s sitting in San Diego waiting to board the boat for transport. At this point ETA is 5/27/2019. I ordered in early November and original ETA was 3/10/2019. I’m taking yours was also part of the parts shortage fiasco. With all the YouTube videos of engine tick, piston slap, etc., I’m hoping Ford is getting their crap together and we all have no issues later on.

crewdawg16

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Kona Blue Focus ST3, 2019 Ruby Red Mustang GT PP1
Cool to see yours finally being delivered. That’s a long time from order to delivery. I finally got an email from the assistant manager at my dealership. It’s sitting in San Diego waiting to board the boat for transport. At this point ETA is 5/27/2019. I ordered in early November and original ETA was 3/10/2019. I’m taking yours was also part of the parts shortage fiasco. With all the YouTube videos of engine tick, piston slap, etc., I’m hoping Ford is getting their crap together and we all have no issues later on.
Yeah I went through 2 different part shortages, in November it was the Magne-ride suspension and then again in Feb for the steering wheel. I took a couple pics but I’ll update with proper pictures once it’s clean this weekend.

So far no ticking noises or anything from mine, since I’m in Phoenix I will be using 5w-50 from day one but I’ll keep everyone posted.

Good luck on yours, this car has exceeded my expectations and I haven’t even been over 4.5k RPM yet.
0784B39C-0DDC-4E6F-987D-5351CC29A522.jpeg

OP
OP
Zooks527

Zooks527

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 KB GT, 401A, 6MT, PP1, S&S, MR, AE, B&O / 2005 Toyota Tacoma
Table's getting pretty full. With the exception of RTB5.0, it looks like just about everything has shipped (I'm not counting Bazzie, as he cancelled his EU order and stopped reporting tracking on it).

Last edited:
OP
OP
Zooks527

Zooks527

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
There is a 3/09/2019 date in the bottom border of my window sticker. Anyone notice a date in the bottom border of your window sticker and what it represents?
It represents the last time the sticker was updated prior to your downloading it. The date on mine incremented a week every Wednesday, with no changes ever appearing on the bulk of the sticker.

Sponsored

RTB5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium
Table's getting pretty full. With the exception of RTB5.0, it looks like just about everything has shipped (I'm not counting Bazzie, as he cancelled his RU order and stopped reporting tracking on it).
Yea, I was told since I'm relatively close to MI that it would get put directly on a truck down to me. I'm assuming my In Transit will be the same day as my Delivered... I Hope. I also believe that's why it's taking longer than usual as they have to fill up a truck to make it worth it. Regardless, good to see everyone's cars finally coming in.

SRF2019gt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
Yeah I went through 2 different part shortages, in November it was the Magne-ride suspension and then again in Feb for the steering wheel. I took a couple pics but I’ll update with proper pictures once it’s clean this weekend.

So far no ticking noises or anything from mine, since I’m in Phoenix I will be using 5w-50 from day one but I’ll keep everyone posted.

Good luck on yours, this car has exceeded my expectations and I haven’t even been over 4.5k RPM yet.
0784B39C-0DDC-4E6F-987D-5351CC29A522.jpeg
That car is gorgeous...awesome ride and congratulations. Can hardly wait for my white beast.

torqued

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dennis
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
My white beast finally arrived. Dealer called me on Tuesday saying it showed up, while the Ford status page still showed it In Transit and estimated delivery date of N/A. The web site updated the next day on the 17th showing it delivered on that day. Close.

BTW, the experience of picking up my dream car was, well, pretty much as lousy as this ordering process has been. When I got there, was my car brought to the front? Nope, we hiked out to the back lot. And then when he located it, it was absolutely, disgustingly filthy. Yep, that was my first impression of my new car, thanks to this lunkhead.

I know, I know, some people are paranoid of who washes it, and want to receive it all virginal and with all the wrappings still on. I didn't. He didn't ask.

So then we go on the test drive. It's... an... absolute... dog. Feels like it's firing on about 3 cylinders. Salesguy is mum. So on the way back I tell *him* to drive it and show me how it's done. So he's trying to wring some power out of it by revving it up and jolting the whole car every time he shifts. I guess I better buy an extended warranty; so much for the break-in procedures!

Then he decides it must be in some "transportation mode". Where the factory sets it so that I guess the dude driving it onto the car carrier doesn't fly to the moon. My guy says he'll get it washed up and that taken care of. Meanwhile they want to start the paperwork. Guess whether that happened or not.

So test drive #2 and it's fine. *Now* I'm ready to start the paperwork. Finance guy is a real piece of work too, he's actually got a dot matrix printer, looks like it's from 1985, and of course it jams and has problems while he's trying to feed the documents into it.

But I did eventually get my car. I might try to take a few pix tomorrow in the sunlight and see if I can capture the seats close to what they really look like in person. I got the tan seats and in many pix on the interwebs they look an awful pumpkin orange. Glad I took a chance that they'd instead look okay.

OP
OP
Zooks527

Zooks527

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
With GregP27's car showing up, we're almost there!

A couple of changes to the chart. I took Bazzie off the list, as he cancelled his order and we have no way to track an EU order without his input, so that car is in the ozone.

I also "promoted" RTB5.0 up to "no wheel" status, as I can't see any other reason his car was so delayed. But that's just about it. If we get his car in, we'll wrap up the thread.

Last edited:

jholly36

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang
So Ford’s promise to be done by late April was pretty much accurate, wow! Glad I had this whole experience though, boy have I learned a LOT about ordering Mustangs....

Sponsored

torqued

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dennis
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
20190427_123212.jpg

Owned for a week now. Only cleaned the wheels today, gonna rain on Mon. Now I know why the standard wheels for PP1 are all black, after only a few days I had a coating of brake dust on the fronts. I don't care, I love them, 15 minutes every Sat morn is worth it to me.

I had ordered the tan interior sight unseen and it turned out wonderful as well. I'm sooo happy with some brown in there, to break up the monochrome-ness. They even have tan stitching in the door panels which I wasn't aware I was getting.

I set the interior lighting to my favorite color, green, so the door sills, footwells, and upper gauges are lit up in that. Too bad the backlit buttons elsewhere stay ice blue, but it still looks very cool to me at night.

I'm thankful that others shared their delays and info during this process, and their ultimate deliveries, it made it just a little bit easier to be patient and to stay convinced that the darn thing was bound to eventually come! :fistbump:

OP
OP
Zooks527

Zooks527

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20190427_123212.jpg

Owned for a week now. Only cleaned the wheels today, gonna rain on Mon. Now I know why the standard wheels for PP1 are all black, after only a few days I had a coating of brake dust on the fronts. I don't care, I love them, 15 minutes every Sat morn is worth it to me.
I have the same wheels and agree that they're worth every penny they cost and every moment you spend cleaning them.

SRF2019gt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
Very nice....can hardly wait for my Showstopper red interior.....SB end of May. Had saddle in my previous 1997 Cobra and loved the color. I gotta admit, the new seating surfaces today are such high quality from what I can see. I should have gone with another wheel option from the standard PP1 wheel....those are much nicer. I’m used to brake dust on my 2014 so just part of the cleaning process. Enjoy your new ride!

RTB5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium
Thought I'd drop by and give an update. Looks like I got put into "In Transit" today with EDD of 05/02, but hopes are still low. Apparently, back in early April, regional rep put in a ticket to ford saying "Customer to go elsewhere if we can't get it delivered quickly" to help speed things along (even though I never mentioned canceling) which I appreciate them (dealer and rep) doing. Hopefully the car gets here in a timely manner and I too can fill this thread with some photos.

RTB5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium
IMG_9099.JPG
Well everyone, it finally arrived!! Dealer closed at 6 today and no phone call that it arrived. I figure take a trip over to dealer to see if the carrier dropped it off after they closed and there it was! At least i got a good story out of this whole experience

List of dates:
Order: 01/03/2019
In Production: 02/22/2019
Blend: 02/22/2019
Awaiting Shipment: 03/23/2019
In Transit: 04/30/2019
EDD (that i remember): 04/09/2019; 04/24/2019; 05/01/2019; 05/02/2019
"Unoffical" Delivery: 05/01/2019
Sponsored