Whats the loudest axel back exhaust?

Muhnopoly

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Vehicle(s)
2020 mustang gt
So I know the corsa extreme is the loudest catback. But after looking at it, it's just a double x pipe with corsas sport mufflers right?

I dont like the rasp in X pipes so I just bought a Steeda H pipe.

So if I swap out stock mufflers for corsa sport mufflers wouldn't I technically have my own version of Corsa extreme just with a H Pipe instead of X?

I'd also like your opinion on what's some of the top 3 loudest axel backs in combo with my H pipe and stock headers.
Sponsored

sjmurphy34

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT PP Magnetic
Hard to argue with muffler delete, but another option is roush axle backs. They are pretty loud with stock resonator.

NotagainV2

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tyler
Vehicle(s)
19 F150 19 Explorer 04 Thunderbird
My 2016 had stock cats X pipe and Roush axle back.

I loved that setup but with longtubes it would be too loud.

AZ18yote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Prem PP Magnetic
Hard to argue with muffler delete, but another option is roush axle backs. They are pretty loud with stock resonator.
No mufflers means drone though.

Sponsored

coz0502

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
I'm running Roush axel backs and H pipe. It's LOUD! So loud that I considering putting the stock resonator back on, on the drive home from getting the H pipe installed. I said to myself, I'd give it a little bit of time before deciding.

I'm still running both and love it. I'm sure my neighbors aren't really happy with me, but I just recently bought a beater pickup so the mustang is now more of a fun car. I've driven it 3X in the last 2 1/2 weeks.

OP
OP
Muhnopoly

Muhnopoly

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Vehicle(s)
2020 mustang gt
I'm running Roush axel backs and H pipe. It's LOUD! So loud that I considering putting the stock resonator back on, on the drive home from getting the H pipe installed. I said to myself, I'd give it a little bit of time before deciding.

I'm still running both and love it. I'm sure my neighbors aren't really happy with me, but I just recently bought a beater pickup so the mustang is now more of a fun car. I've driven it 3X in the last 2 1/2 weeks.
Did you to the H pipe first with stock mufflers or roush axel backs with stock resonator?

I'm doing the H pipe first (waiting for fedex to deliver) with stock mufflers and I have a feeling I'm not gonna hear a difference at all till I upgrade the stock mufflers

coz0502

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Did you to the H pipe first with stock mufflers or roush axel backs with stock resonator?

I'm doing the H pipe first (waiting for fedex to deliver) with stock mufflers and I have a feeling I'm not gonna hear a difference at all till I upgrade the stock mufflers
I did axle backs first which I really liked but I wanted a little more volume so I got the H pipe after. The H pipe is loud on start up with the higher rpms with a cold engine and is very loud under acceleration but it's only slightly louder cruising around. I've had several people tell me they love my exhaust, one was biker at a stoplight who told me I was drowning out his Harley LOL.

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
GT PP2 RaceRed Roush> Steeda> preformance
Vehicle Showcase
My 2016 had stock cats X pipe and Roush axle back.

I loved that setup but with longtubes it would be too loud.
Same set up Roush X, removed active exhaust ! Replace Roush axle backs
Great sound

Sponsored
OP
OP
Muhnopoly

Muhnopoly

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Vehicle(s)
2020 mustang gt
I did axle backs first which I really liked but I wanted a little more volume so I got the H pipe after. The H pipe is loud on start up with the higher rpms with a cold engine and is very loud under acceleration but it's only slightly louder cruising around. I've had several people tell me they love my exhaust, one was biker at a stoplight who told me I was drowning out his Harley LOL.
I'll have to consider the roush axel backs then! This GT pulled up next to me on the freeway and when he stepped on it, the sound literally pierced my ears and let me tell you.... it hurt ! I said that's the sound I want lmfao

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
GT PP2 RaceRed Roush> Steeda> preformance
Vehicle Showcase
Had a Lambo Urus pass me on the highway...that's the sound I want!
I'll have to consider the roush axel backs then! This GT pulled up next to me on the freeway and when he stepped on it, the sound literally pierced my ears and let me tell you.... it hurt ! I said that's the sound I want lmfao

You will not be disappointed :champagne:

Geosh

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Josh
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT

You will definitely notice the volume jump from the stock resonator to an H-pipe with the stock mufflers.

If not, need to go get them ears checked before you do any other exhaust mods. :-)

OP
OP
Muhnopoly

Muhnopoly

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Vehicle(s)
2020 mustang gt
You will definitely notice the volume jump from the stock resonator to an H-pipe with the stock mufflers.

If not, need to go get them ears checked before you do any other exhaust mods. :-)
Hahaha that's a good one ! I won't lie that made me laugh alittle because I know it's true
Sponsored