Sponsored

What's the longest someone's car has been in a Ford dealership getting repairs?

OP
OP
Rilla

Rilla

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2019 PP1
After 6-weeks, got a call from the dealership today. They have started the installation of the short block and clutch. They started repairs on Monday. Hopefully I'll get a call soon that it's finished.

Does anyone know how long it takes to do these repairs? They had to pull out the old engine he told me today. I was hoping that would have already been done, but I guess it makes sense you can't do anything until you got your short block
Sponsored

19gtMD

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Aj
Vehicle(s)
19 Gt premium
Holy moly reading these has made my chest hurt. Im on day 3. Had an appointment monday, east coast got hit by the snow storm, they haven't even pulled my car in yet. Guessing it should buckle up for a few weeks

Ock

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium and a 1966 c10
Mine has been at dealer since 9/21. Finally approved long block. I am hoping i get back next week but idk when... Car rental fee is over $1400. now...

OP
OP
Rilla

Rilla

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2019 PP1
Holy moly reading these has made my chest hurt. Im on day 3. Had an appointment monday, east coast got hit by the snow storm, they haven't even pulled my car in yet. Guessing it should buckle up for a few weeks
What are you having done to the car? Also, ask for a loaner car

OP
OP
Rilla

Rilla

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2019 PP1
Mine has been at dealer since 9/21. Finally approved long block. I am hoping i get back next week but idk when... Car rental fee is over $1400. now...
I live right by my dealership. I pass it everyday on my way home from work, and I would always see my car parked outside in the same spot for weeks. On Monday on my way home, I noticed my car was not in the parking spot. The dealership called me yesterday and said it should be done this week. If they started on Monday I would expect it to be done today or tomorrow at the latest. I really hope they call today! I would be 4 days of installation time to install a short block and clutch

Reactions: Ock

Sponsored

OP
OP
Rilla

Rilla

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2019 PP1
Hang in there man! I don't feel so bad considering how long you've had to wait.

Just call up there once a week and find out where they're at on parts. That's what I did. Every week I would get more parts in. But mind you, I'm having transmission and an engine put in That's a lot of parts

Reactions: Ock

Ock

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
Hang in there man! I don't feel so bad considering how long you've had to wait.

Just call up there once a week and find out where they're at on parts. That's what I did. Every week I would get more parts in. But mind you, I'm having transmission and an engine put in That's a lot of parts
lol ya i live close to dealer as well, gonna drive by today see if its in. Ill prob call tomorrow if i dont hear back. the new service writer has been better about communication.

TurboNub

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang Ecoboost
Ford has the WORST customer care out of any dealership I've dealt with period. My car sat dead in the water for 6 months AND was dented in the lot.

1641485316089.png

OP
OP
Rilla

Rilla

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2019 PP1
Ford has the WORST customer care out of any dealership I've dealt with period. My car sat dead in the water for 6 months AND was dented in the lot.

1641485316089.png
did they fix it?

TurboNub

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang Ecoboost
did they fix it?
Ill keep you updated as Im still having my engine built somewhere else lol either way though expect absolutely nothing from Ford in terms of help.

Edit: You can tell how long my car sat in the open by how dirty it is

Sponsored
OP
OP
Rilla

Rilla

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2019 PP1
Ill keep you updated as Im still having my engine built somewhere else lol either way though expect absolutely nothing from Ford in terms of help.

Edit: You can tell how long my car sat in the open by how dirty it is
looks like they hit another car with your lid or something.

19gtMD

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Aj
Vehicle(s)
19 Gt premium
What are you having done to the car? Also, ask for a loaner car
I got a check engine light with multiple misfire codes. Also the car seemed to be burning oil do to the smoke at idle that lingered. Lastly my MPG went to straight crap. Filled the car on wednesday morning by noon thursday i was damn near at half, and my commute from home to work is 22 miles one way. So 66 miles took me to half a tank.

Stage_3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Roush Stage 3
WOW!!!
Over $1,400?!? Who's paying for that bill?

Ock

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)

ThisIsJohnny

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Johnny
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Cars been in the shop since October 4th. 1st month was waiting to get looked at (understandable due to covid and shops being short handed) 2nd month was waiting on warranty to send an inspector to approve an engine.(was getting engine blow-by) 3rd month was waiting on parts and work to be completed.(Then they find metal shavings in the intake manifold/ replaced the manifold under warranty) Today I received a call stating that all work has been completed but the car was running poorly. Car was previously tuned but I purchased the vehicle pre-owned. Come to find out the issue for the rough idle is the air intake needing to be returned to a factory air intake. Dropping off parts tomorrow morning and we'll see what happens... Fingers crossed.
Sponsored