Sponsored

what's the going rate for an oil change at a dealership?

Deleted member 37397

Damn! Doesn’t the oil and filter cost more than that
I think it was because not much was going on during the shutdown and they gave me a deal for coming in. They actually treat me pretty well there. Service guy always careful with it. Been there 3 times for an oil change. Liberty Ford in Brunswick
Sponsored

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
do it yourself and know its done right.

Carpenater

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jacob
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350R HEP #LR087, 1999 SVT Lightning #3830
Paid around $180.00.

Stezlaki

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350
do it yourself and know its done right.
Kinda sad, isn't it, that we have to worry about PAYING somebody to screw up something up as simple as an oil change? I'm new to the GT350, and, from what I've seen on here am going to be in the minority, as I bought it to be used as a daily driver (more or less). I've had it about a month and have more miles on it than it looks like some of y'all have after a year, which I really don't understand, but, to each his own! As much as I enjoy looking at the GT350, I enjoy actually driving it that much more! Anyhow, I have to admit I'm a little nervous about these catastrophic engine failures I keep reading about, even though I DO realize that the failures are a small percent of the total. Because of that fear, and the fact that 2 of the 3 service managers/consultants/whatever they are called at my local dealer are clients at my business, I have (reluctantly) decided to have them do the oil changes. Even though it SHOULDN'T matter, I'm thinking (perhaps wrongly so) that IF something DOES go wrong with my engine, it will make it that much easier getting it warrantied by Ford. I know they technically can't deny a warranty claim if I did my own oil changes, but, like I said, I'm hoping to establish a relationship and documentation that will make things easier SHOULD there be a failure.

Having said all that......we'll see how it goes.....I'm actually scheduled to have it changed tomorrow, and I have to admit the anxiety it gives me worrying that they'll screw something up is a little intense!

Sponsored

JZTRK

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joseph
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R''Ken'' 2016 GT350 2020 GT "Mollie"
too much

Grimmer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Manual
Be sure to check their work... The GT350 requires more oil than the GT 5.0, and as previously posted, many dealers screw it up and short fill.

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
Kinda sad, isn't it, that we have to worry about PAYING somebody to screw up something up as simple as an oil change? I'm new to the GT350, and, from what I've seen on here am going to be in the minority, as I bought it to be used as a daily driver (more or less). I've had it about a month and have more miles on it than it looks like some of y'all have after a year, which I really don't understand, but, to each his own! As much as I enjoy looking at the GT350, I enjoy actually driving it that much more! Anyhow, I have to admit I'm a little nervous about these catastrophic engine failures I keep reading about, even though I DO realize that the failures are a small percent of the total. Because of that fear, and the fact that 2 of the 3 service managers/consultants/whatever they are called at my local dealer are clients at my business, I have (reluctantly) decided to have them do the oil changes. Even though it SHOULDN'T matter, I'm thinking (perhaps wrongly so) that IF something DOES go wrong with my engine, it will make it that much easier getting it warrantied by Ford. I know they technically can't deny a warranty claim if I did my own oil changes, but, like I said, I'm hoping to establish a relationship and documentation that will make things easier SHOULD there be a failure.

Having said all that......we'll see how it goes.....I'm actually scheduled to have it changed tomorrow, and I have to admit the anxiety it gives me worrying that they'll screw something up is a little intense!
Yep, as someone said, if you have to have someone else do it, check their work.... ie) correct oil, correct amount, correct filter, correct filter torque, etc. In other words, you are just better off doing it yourself.

lonegunman

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
160-ish in Eastern Washington, pretty close at every Ford Dealer. The closest dealer to me only sells Ford trucks for farmers and ranchers, anything else is special order. So an oil change requires time for them to order the parts and oil.

Sponsored

btown93

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Knight Industries 2000
Dealers can charge whatever they want for the oil/filter. Just like MSRP on a vehicle, there is MSRP on parts. Some charge more, some charge less.

XO 5W50 QGT MSRP $10.26/qt X10 = 102.60

GR3Z 6731 A MSRP $26.16 (2015-mid 2017) spin on
KR3Z 6731 A MSRP $38.51 (mid 2017-current) cartridge

labor is usually .3-.7 of an hour (labor times and rates vary)

thill444

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 SS1LE (sold 18 GT350)
I would prefer DIY, but I have actually had issues in the past with getting warranty work done when I did my own oil changes. You better make sure if you go DIY that you have pictures, detailed service log, and keep all the receipts.

That was the only thing that saved me.

lightrules

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yes
Vehicle Showcase
Paid around $180.00.
ouch.

I would prefer DIY, but I have actually had issues in the past with getting warranty work done when I did my own oil changes. You better make sure if you go DIY that you have pictures, detailed service log, and keep all the receipts.

That was the only thing that saved me.
must be your particular dealer. i doubt that is common. at most keep receipts.

johnny1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Had new a 16 GT350 and 17 GT350
I guess I was very fortunate when I had my 16 and then 17 if I remember right it was $120.00. But here's what was great the service manager kept up with all to do with the Shelby GT 350 and really liked them so he would personally change my oil on both cars. When he got done there wasn't even as much as a finger print anywhere on the cars. I handed him a 20 dollar bill the first time and told him it was for him and how much I appreciated this and he refused it. Made me take it back. Told me he knew how special they are, that servicing them is different from other Mustangs and was damn proud to take care of my cars. Here's the kicker he was only in early 20's. It don't get no better than that!!

OP
OP
madusa

madusa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350

I’m in the same boat. If anything goes wrong with the engine I don’t want them to try to put the blame on me. I have the power train warranty on the vehicle currently for another year. That’s why I rather pay the $227 for an oil change to a dealership who has a good record of service history in their branch. It sucks that we have to worry about if the job gets done correctly in most of the dealerships when it comes to a GT350.
Sponsored