Sponsored

What's the funniest/oddest/ignorant comment someone said about your 350?

lenFeb

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Len
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350 #K0110
A couple of weeks ago I was driving on the busy road around my house when three teenage guys start waving at me with their phones for me to stop for taking pictures. I was thinking that they been ready and heard my car from far away(maybe not even once) waiting for me to take a pictures.

Sponsored

honeybadger

Just don't care
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
Road Atlanta last summer:
These 4 Vette's had traveled from TN and were all running in the Red groups. Session 2 I head out and am feeling good. Car is running right and I've re-adjusted to the track with the new grip and power. I head out at the end of the pack like normal and chase down one of the Vettes -- C7 Z06. He lets me buy after about a half lap. After the session stops by the trailer:

Guy 1: Okay man, what the fuck? That thing is quick.

Me: haha, a bit surprising, right?

Guy 2: We saw you catch us after the esses when we were behind some traffic. Once they let us by, Frank turns to me and says we'll leave that Mustang on the back straight.

Guy 1: But then we didn't pull away. So I told him we'd walk away in the braking zones and corners because Mustangs don't stop or turn like a Vette.

Guy 2: After Turn 12 you're even closer, so I leaned back over to Frank and said, hey bud, I don't think Mustangs are supposed to do that

Guy 1: So I point you by thinking I can follow you and learn the lines

Guy 2: But then you just walked away from us like we weren't even trying. And Frank leans over and just says "I fucking hate getting passed by mustangs"

We all had a good laugh and then later in the day I had a session where I started late and ended up starting about 4 cars behind the entire pack of Vettes. By the end, they had all pointed me by. I stopped by their camp to chat after the session and the following exchange happened:

Guy 1: Oh great, here he comes to gloat.

Guy 3: So I look in my rear view and I see this angry red car and I'm like "oh shit, it's that fucking mustang that Frank complained about. Damn that thing IS quick."

:cwl::cwl::cwl:

Those gents were truly hilarious. We had a great time playing cat and mouse all weekend. They really did hate that damn Mustang. Hahahaha
2019-12-14_EA_COTA_RP_1243.jpg

Narwaniec594

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
17 Gt350
Young kid at a gas station said:
- " i know it is Shelby, but, what is it?"
- " it is ford mustang"
- " ohh ok cool!!!"

My Neighbor - a car guy - texts me from time to time when i leave my house and open exhaust valves
- " Voodoo!!!!"

And third one my 80 year old dad said
once after a drive
-" nice car, but can you ask Mom to help you to help me, get out of these recaro baby car seat things!!! " hahahahah

Tank

9/11 - Never Forget
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
G0853
These 4 Vette's had traveled from TN and were all running in the Red groups. Session 2 I head out and am feeling good. Car is running right and I've re-adjusted to the track with the new grip and power. I head out at the end of the pack like normal and chase down one of the Vettes -- C7 Z06. He lets me buy after about a half lap. After the session stops by the trailer:

Guy 2: We saw you catch us after the esses when we were behind some traffic. Once they let us by, Frank turns to me and says we'll leave that Mustang on the back straight.

Guy 1: But then we didn't pull away. So I told him we'd walk away in the braking zones and corners because Mustangs don't stop or turn like a Vette.

Guy 2: After Turn 12 you're even closer, so I leaned back over to Frank and said, hey bud, I don't think Mustangs are supposed to do that

Guy 2: But then you just walked away from us like we weren't even trying. And Frank leans over and just says "I fucking hate getting passed by mustangs"

We all had a good laugh and then later in the day I had a session where I started late and ended up starting about 4 cars behind the entire pack of Vettes. By the end, they had all pointed me by. I stopped by their camp to chat after the session and the following exchange happened:

Guy 3: So I look in my rear view and I see this angry red car and I'm like "oh shit, it's that fucking mustang that Frank complained about. Damn that thing IS quick."

Those gents were truly hilarious. We had a great time playing cat and mouse all weekend. They really did hate that damn Mustang. Hahahaha
Should’ve told them ALL GT350s are just as fast and capable :clap:

Sponsored

526 HRSE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 Grabber Blue
Vehicle Showcase
I had a guy tell me i had to get rid of my license plate frame. I asked him why? He looked at my wife and said "Who's Carroll"?

20200704_183751a75-jpg.jpg

Tank

9/11 - Never Forget
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
G0853
Crossed the border into Canada (pre-Covid). Canadian border control agent looked at the car and said "you know we have speed limits up here".
A couple of years ago I visited w @montreal ponies . The Canadian border agent said his father had a Shelby and knew all about mine. He went so far as to ask me to “hit it” pulling out of the checkpoint but then talked it back. Nice guy. I drove spiritedly away and saw a thumbs up coming out of the window.

honeybadger

Just don't care
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350

Lorne34

Project Hidalgo
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lorne
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Vehicle Showcase

"So Mr. Hopkins, Just how fast is your little express pony here"?

images (1).jpg
Sponsored

Last edited: