Sponsored

Whats the coolest feature you didn't know your car had?

Vlad Soare

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vlad
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
Sure, I get that some features may be illegal in some countries. The red turn signals are a good example. But the fact that we did get the tri-bars three years later in exactly the same spot, looking exactly the same, proves that they weren't illegal after all.
An internal administrative blunder, or a cost reduction measure, are more likely reasons. Of course, Ford will never tell us what really happened. We can only guess.
Sponsored

papinist

The Italian Pony
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stefano
Vehicle(s)
Mustang EcoBoost MT Race Red EURO - NO MORE
Just out of curiosity (and slightly OT) I remember that US model had 35w headlights but EU got 25w headlights... because german regulation imposes headlight washers for light above a certain power - and so we all got 25w headlights :)

Vlad Soare

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vlad
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
Yup. I remember wondering at that time how they could homologate the Mustang in Europe with xenon headlights without washers. It was only later that I found out they were weaker.

In 2016 I decided not to buy a Mustang precisely because it didn't have the tri-bars. There were a few other reasons as well, but that was the real show stopper. No tri-bars, no Mustang. Period. I tried to find out whether US-style headlamps could be retrofitted, but since nobody was able at that time to tell me with absolute certainty that they could, I had to give up.

raptor17GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Manual 2017
Just out of curiosity (and slightly OT) I remember that US model had 35w headlights but EU got 25w headlights... because german regulation imposes headlight washers for light above a certain power - and so we all got 25w headlights :)
aye, they'd have been as well putting candles in there! I'm trying to either go LED replacement bulbs/ballast or 35W ballasts and D3s bulbs. No Washer for the headlights fitted for Mustangs hence the 25W units (2000lm is it?) as per EU regs. You'd have though with no headlight washer fitted they'd write the regulation for a stronger headlight output not less!

re tri-bars pre facelift. Terrible omission and plenty of Peugeots running around with tribars in the headlights and red rears so why did we miss out. Pah!

Vlad Soare

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vlad
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
You'd have though with no headlight washer fitted they'd write the regulation for a stronger headlight output not less!
That's because the headlamp washers are not meant to help you. They're meant exclusively to prevent you from blinding oncoming drivers.

Personally I hate them. I have them in my wife's Kuga and do my best to avoid using them. They consume an awful lot of washer fluid for just a little theoretical benefit that can hardly be noticed. Sometimes, when I need to wash the windscreen at night, I first turn off the headlights, pull the windscreen washer lever, then turn the headlights back on, just to avoid wasting a huge amount of washing fluid for no reason.

Sponsored

raptor17GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Manual 2017
That's because the headlamp washers are not meant to help you. They're meant exclusively to prevent you from blinding oncoming drivers.

Personally I hate them. I have them in my wife's Kuga and do my best to avoid using them. They consume an awful lot of washer fluid for just a little theoretical benefit that can hardly be noticed. Sometimes, when I need to wash the windscreen at night, I first turn off the headlights, pull the windscreen washer lever, then turn the headlights back on, just to avoid wasting a huge amount of washing fluid for no reason.
only had one car fitted with them, didn't work so no idea how much fluid they'd go through. It's still a stupid loop of logic but who are we to argue with it eh? I should've got a post face lift but was too pricey for me at the time