Sponsored

What's the color you would buy for 2018?

What color(s) are your favorite / would you buy?

• Shadow Black

Votes: 3 2.5%
  • Oxford White

Votes: 25 21.2%
  • Magnetic grey

Votes: 12 10.2%
  • Race Red

Votes: 11 9.3%
  • Ruby Red

Votes: 21 17.8%
  • Triple Yellow

Votes: 4 3.4%
  • Lightning Blue

Votes: 27 22.9%
  • Kona Blue

Votes: 6 5.1%
  • Orange Fury

Votes: 22 18.6%
  • Lead Foot Grey

Votes: 13 11.0%

• Total voters

Ronp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ron
Vehicle(s)
'22 GT500, Iconic, '19 F150 ScrewFX4
Ruby red would be my choice of exiting colors. Have had my dealer trying to find me one with leather seats for a while now but they arent out there. If Ford offered this car in ingot silver I would have a hard time choosing between Ruby red or a silver with ott blue stripes.

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
I shouldve mentioned Ruby Red is my favorite color on these cars but my OCD could not handle the clashing Red Badge so it never got off the ground.

I liked it so much I did consider buying a maxed out Ruby GT and adding Hellion twin turbo but kept coming back to the VooDoo and R badge. Made the right call...car is just special.
Your magnetic looks very nice. When taken care of and done right, magnetic is one of my favorites.

My favorites (in order):
AG (I know not MY18, but its my next color)
OW
TY ;)
RR
MG
SB
LB
OF
RR
KB
LG

Some of these colors are more dependent on care to make them look great. For instance, shadow black is difficult to keep looking good. Dirt and swirl marks are a PITA and unless you really work at maintaining your paint, or are using some kind of coating (PPF or ceramic), it is difficult to keep the color at its best.

Its all preference and IMHO, you really cant go wrong with any of them. At first, I didn't care for OW. After having it for a year and a half, It grew on my. Same with TY. Similarly, I never really considered it. What makes it different is the process, That pearl is what's called a tri-coat. Most cars you see on the road have a base color then a clear applied on top of them.

A tri-coat aka pearl uses a base color first, then a translucent 'pearl' coat is applied over the base color. From there you apply clear over the pearl coat.

If it was just flat yellow, I wouldn't care for it. Seeing it in person makes all the difference. To further enhance the look at all times, I am having the whole car PPF'd. I haven't decided on the ceramic or sealer route for post PPF, but it should really bring out a consistent luster (as well as thoroughly protect the paint during track events.

MustangGT350

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R, LB / White OTT
I'm thinking Orange Fury is so high because it's a one year color for the R and very unique. But I'd hate to be a dealer ordering one thinking it's going to be easy to sell. They'd have to have just the right buyer for it IMO.

I saw a 2016 competition orange (non-R) in person, and I honestly thought I was going to like it more until I saw it in person. Definitely not something I would personally pick, but I'm sure some would love it.

chitlins37

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17' Magnetic GT350R / 70' Buick Skylark
Your magnetic looks very nice. When taken care of and done right, magnetic is one of my favorites.

My favorites (in order):
OW
TY ;)
RR
MG
SB
LB
OF
RR
KB
LG

Some of these colors are more dependent on care to make them look great. For instance, shadow black is difficult to keep looking good. Dirt and swirl marks are a PITA and unless you really work at maintaining your paint, or are using some kind of coating (PPF or ceramic), it is difficult to keep the color at its best.

Its all preference and IMHO, you really cant go wrong with any of them. At first, I didn't care for OW. After having it for a year and a half, It grew on my. Same with TY. Similarly, I never really considered it. What makes it different is the process, That pearl is what's called a tri-coat. Most cars you see on the road have a base color then a clear applied on top of them.

A tri-coat aka pearl uses a base color first, then a translucent 'pearl' coat is applied over the base color. From there you apply clear over the pearl coat.

If it was just flat yellow, I wouldn't care for it. Seeing it in person makes all the difference. To further enhance the look at all times, I am having the whole car PPF'd. I haven't decided on the ceramic or sealer route for post PPF, but it should really bring out a consistent luster (as well as thoroughly protect the paint during track events.

Thanks Tom! And gotta admit you have me wanting to see TY in person now...cannot wait until I bump into one on the road!

Another thing I believe makes this car special is the styling is so on point that even on the color/stripe combos that I feel arent for me I very much appreciate how they can wow others. And I agree with you that take any color and apply proper accents and care and it can really pop. :)

Sponsored

chitlins37

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17' Magnetic GT350R / 70' Buick Skylark
I'm thinking Orange Fury is so high because it's a one year color for the R and very unique. But I'd hate to be a dealer ordering one thinking it's going to be easy to sell. They'd have to have just the right buyer for it IMO.

I saw a 2016 competition orange (non-R) in person, and I honestly thought I was going to like it more until I saw it in person. Definitely not something I would personally pick, but I'm sure some would love it.
Good point. Grabber blue may fall into similar area now that you mention that factor.

Wrt the orange I have to come clean....orange also evokes thoughts of Auburn and Tennessee....and my inner Roll Tide redneck just cant abide by that :lol:

nordique14

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350 Magnetic Gray (J1601)
when is ford going to get pearl white, something other than oxford.
Agreed! My wife has Platinum White on her Escape and they offered it on the non-Shelby Mustangs in 2017. Why not on the GT350? I would get it if offered.

I want metallic paint and a blue stripe, which limits my options to one...Magnetic Gray. So that is what I ordered.

If you have not seen the 2016 sales breakdown by color, it is worth a look if you are a numbers geek. For 2016, white was most popular for GT350 and black for GT350R. More than 3/4 got an OOT stripe.

http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?t=75727

Houston Kid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 GT500 HE CFTP, '18 WK2 ,'16 Audi A7
LFG with blue strips.

Ninjak

Posting from the Shadows
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500 2019 Harley Davidson F150 68 GTA
I might want to try Orange Fury with black n white strips, simply because I never had a orange car and always wanted one in that colour. Plum purple would be another...but wrong brand !

machsmith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Minis
I voted Ruby Red, with lighting blue close behind

Sponsored

Stoked

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Focus RS/2016 GT350/2002 Audi A4

My favorites (in order):
OW
TY ;)
RR
MG
SB
LB
OF
RR
KB
LG

I have triple yellow tri-coat as well and see no pearl flakes in the paint whatsoever. But it is the deepest yellow I've seen in recent memory...It's a really nice color honestly, and turns heads wherever it goes...