Sponsored

What's so Special about a California???????

OP
OP
oneheadlite

oneheadlite

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT PP1 2008 Saturn Sky Redline
...not knocking anyone's choice at all.
I just made a statement that the car isn't worth the
extra money to me because I don't see in the CS what the
owners here see.

To each his own............:like:
Sponsored

Interceptor

Daily Driver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 California Special A10
California Special is not a performance option, it is a luxury option.
Think of it has going fast in comfort.

Also I believe most buyers normally do not performance modify California Specials. Biggest draw are the interior and factory appearance package.

NotQuiteAverageJoe

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT/CS
...not knocking anyone's choice at all.
I just made a statement that the car isn't worth the
extra money to me because I don't see in the CS what the
owners here see.

To each his own............:like:
You are talking like its a huge price jump when in all honesty its only 2K difference, so like a 4% increase in price for a car that sets itself apart from the rest. From what I can tell they only make about 2000 CS's a year and they hold the value of that extra 2k pretty well (meaning when you go sell the CS you get about 80-90% of the extra money you paid back if you keep it stock.

If you don't like the looks thats fine, but don't say its not worth the money because 1) Its not a ton of money, and 2) The money is returned at the time of resale.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
You are talking like its a huge price jump when in all honesty its only 2K difference, so like a 4% increase in price for a car that sets itself apart from the rest. From what I can tell they only make about 2000 CS's a year and they hold the value of that extra 2k pretty well (meaning when you go sell the CS you get about 80-90% of the extra money you paid back if you keep it stock.

If you don't like the looks thats fine, but don't say its not worth the money because 1) Its not a ton of money, and 2) The money is returned at the time of resale.
I understand his point.

I just made a statement that the car isn't worth the extra money to me because I don't see in the CS what the owners here see.

Stangomydreams

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Cali Special Convertible
Absolutely - as with everything cosmetic everyone sees it differently. Nothing wrong about that for sure. Keeps the world interesting and everyone has their $ priorities. I find the gt cs a great value but that’s me. Raiti has some you tube videos going over what it is in detail.
IMG_1918.jpeg

Last edited:

Sponsored

Mikesc

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2020 mustang gt
Absolutely - as with everything cosmetic everyone sees it differently. Nothing wrong about that for sure. Keeps the world interesting and everyone has their $ priorities. I find the gt cs a great value but that’s me. Raiti has some you tube videos going over what it is in detail.
IMG_1918.jpeg
Interesting fact, The logo on the grille of the current day GT/CS is the original mustang logo

emcmtony

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
2020 Saleen Mustang S302 White Label

I agree with this. It seems like people want to slam anyone who wants a special appearance package. I purchased my Saleen for very little over the base GT Premium because it had the upgrades in appearance that I liked and would have spent money on including lowering, wing/spoiler, upgraded air dam, tuned up HP, loader exhaust, 20 x 10.5 wheels, whited out gauge package and better leather seats than standard Ford. To me I got the upgrades I wanted installed at a much better price than I could have after market without getting other options I didn't need like Navigation, digital dash etc. If you like the look of what you purchased, then good for you and it was worth every penny. I can tell you that I get comments several times a day at lights, gas stations, parking lots, running down the highway etc on my car so others think it was worth it too.

BTDUBS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
I honestly wish I had gotten the CS package for the grille alone. I wish it was't $1k+ to put a grille on a car.

Bobn57

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
1968 Mustang Fastback, 2021 VB, GT/CS
Vehicle Showcase
As others have said, it is a Premium with additional unique aesthetics. I'm really happy with mine. The unique interior details including red stitching, the GT/CS grille, extended splitter, black accents and other aesthetics are exactly what I like. If the appearance isn't your cup of tea, then by definition it isn't the way to go.

20210613_202043.jpg
That is a nice ride. I honestly never had a thought one way or the other for the CS appearance until this year. Something just caught my eye. I’m sure I’ll like it.

klink

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Camaro SS, 2016 Dodge Challenger SRT
...it's still hard to justify $50g+ for a car that will stay in the
downstairs most of its life.
I had the Challenger since Jan 18 this year. Did manage to
put 2500 miles on it.

Most of them was trying to make myself like the car...................:yawn:
Why didn't you like it?

Sponsored
OP
OP
oneheadlite

oneheadlite

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT PP1 2008 Saturn Sky Redline
...hey klink........
Too big, not comfortable and like a California Special, unremarkable....

BEERCHAMP

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS
How much should FORD charge for a limited # of cars produced that they have to put on Unique Rims, Unique Rear Spoiler, Unique Front Grill, Unique lower brake scoops, Unique body side stripes, unique rear panel, custom floor mats, unique dash plaque, Cross member bar with GT/CS plaque, THE BEST Interior put in a Mustang(heated and cooled seats, red stitching too boot) with GT/CS embossed in headrests.
I didn't blink at the $2k option, thousands of GTs running around Vegas, only a handful of GT/CS'!

NotQuiteAverageJoe

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT/CS
...hey klink........
Too big, not comfortable and like a California Special, unremarkable....
See now you just sound petty, I get maybe you don't appreciate the history, aesthetics, or appeal of the California Special, but someone who owns an Base Model GT calling the CS unremarkable????
Sponsored