Sponsored

What's so Special about a California???????

Mikesc

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2020 mustang gt
That’s what I originally did. Unfortunately I’ve now learned how wrong the builder can be.
After some further research I found that you need to pick the 401a package to get the dash and console red stiches. All these websites come with disclaimers. I feel bad for people that order these cars and are disappointed when they take delivery.
Sponsored

Vlad Soare

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vlad
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
But how can someone in their right mind even think about using stitches of two different colors in the same car? It should have been all or nothing. This is like ordering a pair of black shoes and getting a black one and a brown one, because black on the second shoe was optional. :crazy:
All the red stitches should have been included either in the California Special trim, or in the 401a package. Not half in one and half in the other. This is stupid.

Anyway, all is not lost. Take a look at this thread:
https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/threads/red-or-any-color-you-want-stitching.14941/

Last edited:

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
Sticker shows the 400a package. The dealer said when they order specials they always order them with all the options but said many times ford will change their orders. I would assume it is probably due to supply chain problems... I guess I was caught by covid.....
For future reference, manufacturers won't do that without dealer ok for customer orders.

My '78 WS6 with the massively superior Fisher T-Tops (compared to the Hurst's) was held up for MANY months because the parts for each option came and went without both being available at the same time. Lost count of how many times dealer called and asked if whatever was unavailable at the moment could be dropped.

gadgtfreek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Premium Shadow Black 10spd Auto
Nothing... Many of them are ugly too...

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
Nothing... Many of them are ugly too...
This is why we should abolish pronouns instead of get triggered by them.

Who or what the $%^& does "them" refer too?

Sponsored

Mr. Met

06 Time Person ofthe Year
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JJ
Vehicle(s)
2020 GTPP Premium, 2015 GT Premium, 1999 Expedition EB
But how can someone in their right mind even think about using stitches of two different colors in the same car? It should have been all or nothing.
https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/threads/red-or-any-color-you-want-stitching.14941/
I agree, it should come with it, but I think the difference is red stitching vs no stitching on the dash, not a different color. The 400a doesn't have it but my 401a has white stitching in the same place. My guess is the equipment package determines if you have any stitching there, and the cs package just changes the color.

Vlad Soare

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vlad
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
I see. I thought there were white stitches on the dash and red on the seats. But I think you're right. The picture in post #151 seemed to show some white stitches at first glance, but a closer look seems to indicate that there may actually be no stitches at all.
This is even worse, because it means it can't be fixed with a dye marker.

Lorne34

Project Hidalgo
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lorne
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
I only bought this '19 GT/CS because of the Kona Blue, liked the fact that the side stripe is almost a ghost stripe unless the sunlight hits it just right. I did not like the RIMS (but kept them in the garage)

100_5228.JPG

100_5226.JPG

100_5231.JPG

100_5232 (1).JPG

100_5230 (1).JPG
dang! that Kona blue is sexy...

Sponsored

1emglenn

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eugene
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium PP1 A10 Roush phase 2
I dislike non-functional mods whether they be from the factory or after-market. Those side scoops are just for show and all they will do is slow the car down. Give it a little more wind resistance. Cool the rear brakes? not a chance.

BEERCHAMP

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS
I dislike non-functional mods whether they be from the factory or after-market. Those side scoops are just for show and all they will do is slow the car down. Give it a little more wind resistance. Cool the rear brakes? not a chance.
California Specials are just GTs with Cosmetic upgrades, I've only added other Cosmetic mods, I could care less if they are functional- they do make my GT/CS look better than any plain GT.

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
Can we merge all of the CA Special threads? 🏁