Sponsored

What's so Special about a California???????

Mikesc

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2020 mustang gt
Not so fast. You need to do a little checking on that.

I found a 400A CS up in NJ. Notice the analog gauges? Notice the red stripe on the dashboard?

This is no guarantee, but the CS package may include the updated trim from the 401A package.

1614975676445.png
The service manager who has helped me before is checking this out. If you read the options sheet the CS package mentions the seats and door panels but not the dash pad or console stitching. the 401a package does talk about additional stitching. Do you have a link to the car you pictured.
Sponsored

melwff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 M2486
Did you keep the window sticker and see if it has details?

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
The service manager who has helped me before is checking this out. If you read the options sheet the CS package mentions the seats and door panels but not the dash pad or console stitching. the 401a package does talk about additional stitching. Do you have a link to the car you pictured.
Sorry, never mind. I kept looking. Your dealer is right.

1614976662900.png

Mikesc

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2020 mustang gt
Did you keep the window sticker and
Sorry, never mind. I kept looking. Your dealer is right.

1614976662900.png
Sticker shows the 400a package. The dealer said when they order specials they always order them with all the options but said many times ford will change their orders. I would assume it is probably due to supply chain problems... I guess I was caught by covid.....

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels

Sponsored

CJJon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT/CS Convertible - Race Red
My 2020 401A has red stitching on everything except around the display/radio/toggles.

Mikesc

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2020 mustang gt
My 2020 401A has red stitching on everything except around the display/radio/toggles.
I may be missing some stitching but I can control the exhaust tone (My wife likes this option) I keep it on normal most of the time.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
Sticker shows the 400a package. The dealer said when they order specials they always order them with all the options but said many times ford will change their orders. I would assume it is probably due to supply chain problems... I guess I was caught by covid.....
Interesting. I was looking at the stickers for 2021’s and of the CS’s were all 400a’s. Wonder if there is an issue with the digital gauges.

Mikesc

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2020 mustang gt
Interesting. I was looking at the stickers for 2021’s and of the CS’s were all 400a’s. Wonder if there is an issue with the digital gauges.
I was. Glad I didn't get the digital.. one more thing to go wrong and could cost me me over a grand to fix or replace

GT|CS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Corey
Vehicle(s)
Kona Blue 19' Mustang GT|CS
This is crazy to read, I've always been a fan of the GT|CS and the 50yr addition. I've never seen nor heard of such a missing feature til now. I've gone religiously to the LA AUTO SHOW since I was 14, Mustang was always saved for last. When the red stitching came out that was considered a standard CS feature except B/O audio, shaker, digital gauge, automated cruise control and quiet exhaust. That's additional package option

Sponsored

Mr. Met

06 Time Person ofthe Year
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JJ
Vehicle(s)
2020 GTPP Premium, 2015 GT Premium, 1999 Expedition EB
The builder could be wrong, but when you go on there and the only option you select is the cs package the photo shows red stitching on the dash.

Mikesc

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2020 mustang gt
The builder could be wrong, but when you go on there and the only option you select is the cs package the photo shows red stitching on the dash.
Thank you for the heads up. This could not be true for 2021 models only.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
Thank you for the heads up. This could not be true for 2021 models only.
I looked at actual pics from dealer sites (not stock pictures). Both 20’s and 21’s. I was surprised that both years got the red stitching on the seats and door cards but only cars with the 401a package got the detailing on the dash and console.

Mikesc

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2020 mustang gt
What I'm getting from this is that the more special the car, the harder it is to know what you're actually supposed to be getting. Then there's also the increased likelihood that the wrong parts get installed at the factory. I recall a forum member with a 401a car only getting one leather leg bolster. The driver's side was from a base model, so he didn't notice until he went to clean the passenger side. Then of course there's all the Focus RS owners who got the wrong head gasket :facepalm:
I sent this to the dealer lets see what he says... This is from the ford site picking a premium GT with only the CS package picked as an option

gtcsinterior.jpg

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
I sent this to the dealer lets see what he says... This is from the ford site picking a premium GT with only the CS package picked as an option

gtcsinterior.jpg
That’s what I originally did. Unfortunately I’ve now learned how wrong the builder can be.
Sponsored