Sponsored

What's so Special about a California???????

Cheo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs
Bob:
The Shelby Super Snake and the Shelby GTE have Ford Performance suspension added by Shelby American in Las Vegas. The HPE700 was ordered from Ford with the Performance Package 1, MagneRide and Brembo brakes - with Hennessey adding the three l Whipple SC giving it 610 HP at the wheels it's the fastest I have. The best handling is my 2020 2.3 L HP (see attached). Plus it's my daily driver also. My 2019 Bullitt is straight from the factory stock - no additional mods.

Don

vehicle 05.png
Nice collection!

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
Before I knew anything about s550’s my friend wanted a mustang and I was his ride since his car was totaled.
I went to my local ford w him and in the showroom they had a ruby red cali special gt. That thing was bad to the bone, I thought it was the coolest mustang I ever seen.

he bought a ruby red ecoboost premium, but as a non mustang guy at that time I wasn’t aware it was an appearance package, I thought it was a decked out perf model before I found out model differences.

so I think to normal people, me at that point, the appeal of cali edition is quite impressive. It stands out

Mr. Met

06 Time Person ofthe Year
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JJ
Vehicle(s)
2020 GTPP Premium, 2015 GT Premium, 1999 Expedition EB
Everyone is moving out of California why would you want that ?

Imagine if they had a New York edition Mustang. You get a ticket and the radio tells the cop to F off and Sync 3 video tapes it all and edits the footage to make the cop look bad . Both states suck and I live in New York
giphy.gif

Copperhead73

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Derrick
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium Convertible PP1, A10, Mag, B&O, A/E, S&S
I looked at a CS/GT Vert at one point. Nice car, but It makes me think of the 70s King Cobra with all of its meaningless scoops and graphics.

I can't stand fake scoops. I had an 04 Cobra that I wrestled with the notion of doing a rear brake cooling mod just so that the side scoops would be real.

Sponsored

GT|CS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Corey
Vehicle(s)
Kona Blue 19' Mustang GT|CS
Before I knew anything about s550’s my friend wanted a mustang and I was his ride since his car was totaled.
I went to my local ford w him and in the showroom they had a ruby red cali special gt. That thing was bad to the bone, I thought it was the coolest mustang I ever seen.

he bought a ruby red ecoboost premium, but as a non mustang guy at that time I wasn’t aware it was an appearance package, I thought it was a decked out perf model before I found out model differences.

so I think to normal people, me at that point, the appeal of cali edition is quite impressive. It stands out
However there are two performance features. PP1 splitter for extra down force along with signature strut tower

xSouthSyde

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Magnetic GT
I have a 2016 GT/CS. I bought it used, and it just happened to be a low mileage car like I was looking for. I really don't like most of the package to be honest. I already removed the stripes and changed the wheels (Forgestar F14 dragpack). I hate the fake gascap and large spoiler, both of which will be removed in the future. Really the only thing I find to be good about it is the nicer interior.
My least favourite part of the package is the wheels, they look worse than the PP1’s or PP2’s IMO.

Sponsored

BEERCHAMP

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS
I'll add my 2 cents.... I owned a 2017 GT California Special Convertible.
It was a love/hate relationship with the package.
The biggest plus was the interior which was/is fantastic. The all leather seats in my previous GT looked terrible after a short period of time and I could never get comfortable in them. The leather with the miko suede inserts on the other hand was very comfortable even in hot weather and you felt locked in. The exterior design was subtle and not over the top. Loved the black accents on mirrors, hood vents etc...
My two gripes were the raised decklid spoiler which just didn't look right on the vert. The other was the Faux Gas cap which could have worked, but the lettering on it just looked so cheap.
I have to say that the 2018+ version of the CS really took the design cues too far... moving the stripe up, adding the side scoops .. not a fan...
There weren't any 2018s. Only '19s & '20s and no '21s
Lower Brake scoops and the stripe in the middle are just like the Original 1968
Sponsored