Sponsored

What's so Special about a California???????

BMAGOO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT/CS, 2016 Explorer Sport, 2015 Ram 1500 Sport, 1968 Firebird
Vehicle Showcase
Unfortunately the real stitching is part of the premium trim group which is included with the 401a. The 400a has simulated stitching molded into the plastic.
This must've changed in newer models (18+) because my 2016 is a 401A. Never even noticed the dash stitching on mine until today after reading today's posts in this thread.
Sponsored

Mr. Met

06 Time Person ofthe Year
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JJ
Vehicle(s)
2020 GTPP Premium, 2015 GT Premium, 1999 Expedition EB
This must've changed in newer models (18+) because my 2016 is a 401A. Never even noticed the dash stitching on mine until today after reading today's posts in this thread.
That seems right. My 2015 premium has the simulated stitching but my 2020 has the white stitching.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
It did. On the 15’/17’s there was a stand alone option called “Premier Trim w/Color Accent Group”. It cost $395.00. Ford combined the PT with the 401a in 2018.

Bobn57

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
1968 Mustang Fastback, 2021 VB, GT/CS
Vehicle Showcase
Anyone have pics of a 2021 GTCS interior with 400A? you would think Ford could do a better job with configuration details. It’s only programming to pick the correct pictures with the limited options for the interior.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)

Sponsored

Bobn57

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks all! Doesn’t look hideous 😃
Not worth losing my place in line!

Sponsored

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
Thanks all! Doesn’t look hideous 😃
Not worth losing my place in line!
Well……..the 401a is more than just dashboard stitching. If there is anything on here that you might really want then a reevaluation might be called for. The whole idea of placing a special order is to get exactly what you want. Better to wait a little longer than regret not doing so. Just food for thought.

The 401A Equipment Group includes all 400A content plus the following features:
•12" LCD Digital Instrument Cluster with MyColor®
•Heated Steering Wheel
•Premier Trim with Color Accent Group
•Accent Stitched Center Console Lid, Wrapped Knee Bolsters with Accent Stitch, and Shifter Boot
•Premium Floor Mats with Accent Stitch
•Color-accented Leather-trimmed Seats
•Linked Graphite Aluminum Instrument Panel
•Unique Color-accented Door Trim
•Wrapped Center Console with Accent Stitch
•Voice-Activated Touchscreen Navigation System with Pinch-to-Zoom Capability, SiriusXM Traffic and Travel Link®
•BLIS® (Blind Spot Information System) with Cross-Traffic Alert
•Memory Driver Seat (3 settings) and Mirrors

Bobn57

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Well……..the 401a is more than just dashboard stitching. If there is anything on here that you might really want then a reevaluation might be called for. The whole idea of placing a special order is to get exactly what you want. Better to wait a little longer than regret not doing so. Just food for thought.

The 401A Equipment Group includes all 400A content plus the following features:
•12" LCD Digital Instrument Cluster with MyColor®
•Heated Steering Wheel
•Premier Trim with Color Accent Group
•Accent Stitched Center Console Lid, Wrapped Knee Bolsters with Accent Stitch, and Shifter Boot
•Premium Floor Mats with Accent Stitch
•Color-accented Leather-trimmed Seats
•Linked Graphite Aluminum Instrument Panel
•Unique Color-accented Door Trim
•Wrapped Center Console with Accent Stitch
•Voice-Activated Touchscreen Navigation System with Pinch-to-Zoom Capability, SiriusXM Traffic and Travel Link®
•BLIS® (Blind Spot Information System) with Cross-Traffic Alert
•Memory Driver Seat (3 settings) and Mirrors
yep...I knew that. Lots of goodies but I wanted the analog look. The only thing in the bundle that I'll miss is the abundance of red stiching! :) I think that looks great on the dash, console etc. If there was a way to order that as an option, I'd get it.

I loved the way my 06 GT Deluxe dash looked, especially when I replaced the Shaker500 with a Pioneer touchscreen head unit that had apple car play. I didn't even have steering whell raido controls but that wasn't an issue. If the trans didn't go...I'd still have it on the road. Too many other little issues like seat stitching was popping all over. Replaced the sagging door inserts, a/c compressor, rear suspension, cam sensors and peeling aluminum hood. My original quest was to replace my 06 with a S550 version. Started with a plain stock GT but the options got the best of me and that's where I'm at today. All in all I know I'll be very pleased with the 400A GTCS, 6MT, active valve and B&O radio and some res stitching here and there. :)

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
yep...I knew that. Lots of goodies but I wanted the analog look. The only thing in the bundle that I'll miss is the abundance of red stiching! :) I think that looks great on the dash, console etc. If there was a way to order that as an option, I'd get it.

I loved the way my 06 GT Deluxe dash looked, especially when I replaced the Shaker500 with a Pioneer touchscreen head unit that had apple car play. I didn't even have steering whell raido controls but that wasn't an issue. If the trans didn't go...I'd still have it on the road. Too many other little issues like seat stitching was popping all over. Replaced the sagging door inserts, a/c compressor, rear suspension, cam sensors and peeling aluminum hood. My original quest was to replace my 06 with a S550 version. Started with a plain stock GT but the options got the best of me and that's where I'm at today. All in all I know I'll be very pleased with the 400A GTCS, 6MT, active valve and B&O radio and some res stitching here and there. :)
If you're happy, we're happy! :like:

OP
OP
oneheadlite

oneheadlite

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT PP1 2008 Saturn Sky Redline
See now you just sound petty, I get maybe you don't appreciate the history, aesthetics, or appeal of the California Special, but someone who owns an Base Model GT calling the CS unremarkable????
...whew!!"
Boy, did you put me in my place..................:yawn:

BMAGOO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT/CS, 2016 Explorer Sport, 2015 Ram 1500 Sport, 1968 Firebird
Vehicle Showcase
It did. On the 15’/17’s there was a stand alone option called “Premier Trim w/Color Accent Group”. It cost $395.00. Ford combined the PT with the 401a in 2018.
I can confirm that this Premier Trim package isn't included with options on my window sticker. Got me curious so I was looking in my car as to what was stitched in red. So the seats, doors, center console lid and shifter boot all have red stitching. But the dash, steering wheel, and e-brake boot don't. Strange that the shifter boot has red but the e-brake's doesn't. I can live with the steering wheel and dash not being stitched in red but this e-brake boot stitched in black is going to kill me with my OCD !
Sponsored