Sponsored

What's so Special about a California???????

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
hmmmmm..I like the look of the analog dash. I may have to change to 401A. My build date was bumped to August 9 yesterday so I have a little time to decide.
The 401a come with the digital dash but the combination of the CS & 401a is stellar. The best looking Mustang interior.
Sponsored

Bobn57

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
1968 Mustang Fastback, 2021 VB, GT/CS
Vehicle Showcase
The 401a come with the digital dash but the combination of the CS & 401a is stellar. The best looking Mustang interior.
thanks...whats another $2k in options anyway. I don't want to get half red stitching and have it look unfinished.

Bobn57

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
That would have been a problem at delivery! Thanks for the heads up. Just informed dealer to make the change. Hopefully they can still hold August 9...if not, I'll just have to sit tight.

Bobn57

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
well...ng on 401A change. Dealer said once car is scheduled they can't change ....only way out would be for me to cancel the order and take a chance with new one....

Sponsored

Mikesc

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2020 mustang gt
I bought mine off the showroom floor and it didn't have the 401a package... no red stitching on the dash or some other places, analog dash and few other items missing. Interior still has the leather cloth comfortable seats and all the other GT/CS goodies. I love my car and would not cancel yours. It may take awhile to get another one and driving this car will put a smile on your face and you will get many compliment's from strangers about your unique Mustang.

Bobn57

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I bought mine off the showroom floor and it didn't have the 401a package... no red stitching on the dash or some other places, analog dash and few other items missing. Interior still has the leather cloth comfortable seats and all the other GT/CS goodies. I love my car and would not cancel yours. It may take awhile to get another one and driving this car will put a smile on your face and you will get many compliment's from strangers about your unique Mustang.
Good to know. My confirmation from Ford shows doors, seats and floor mats have red stitching. I really didn’t want the electronic instrumentation. Looks cool and all but I wanted the old school look. When I originally started looking I was going to just get a base gt with no frills. The GTCS option snuck up on me. I know I’ll be happy without the additional red stitching.

Bobn57

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Unfortunately you cannot really go by any of the stock pics in the configurator. Too many errors.

The stitched dashboard only comes with the 401a package. It’s part of the “Premier Trim with Color Accent Group”.
I hope they make a mistake and include it :crackup:

BMAGOO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT/CS, 2016 Explorer Sport, 2015 Ram 1500 Sport, 1968 Firebird
Vehicle Showcase
Good to know. My confirmation from Ford shows doors, seats and floor mats have red stitching. I really didn’t want the electronic instrumentation. Looks cool and all but I wanted the old school look. When I originally started looking I was going to just get a base gt with no frills. The GTCS option snuck up on me. I know I’ll be happy without the additional red stitching.
I've seen posts here on the forum of guys dying the stitching on the seats. A dash is probably no different. I actually don't think it's very hard to do.

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
I've seen posts here on the forum of guys dying the stitching on the seats. A dash is probably no different. I actually don't think it's very hard to do.
Maybe its different in later years, but in '16 the "stitches" in the other dashes were just molded into the plastic rather than thread and they were in a different part of the cover.

Sponsored

BMAGOO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT/CS, 2016 Explorer Sport, 2015 Ram 1500 Sport, 1968 Firebird
Vehicle Showcase
Maybe its different in later years, but in '16 the "stitches" in the other dashes were just molded into the plastic rather than thread and they were in a different part of the cover.
Ya, I was thinking it must be different because I can barely see stitching on my dash. Until just now I didn't even think mine had stitching. I actually don't remember what the stitching looks like in the new models. Maybe it's the same. Doesn't look like you could dye mine.

Bobn57

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Ya, I was thinking it must be different because I can barely see stitching on my dash. Until just now I didn't even think mine had stitching. I actually don't remember what the stitching looks like in the new models. Maybe it's the same. Doesn't look like you could dye mine.
I saw a video of dyeing white stitching red. I think the dash stitching is black so not sure if that would be as noticeable. Hopefully the different dash stitching won’t be an issue. Feel I’m at a good place in the order process and I’d hate to go back to sq one.

Bobn57

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I’m getting a smile just thinking about getting this GTCS. I know it will be awesome. Glad I ordered the stick.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
I saw a video of dyeing white stitching red. I think the dash stitching is black so not sure if that would be as noticeable. Hopefully the different dash stitching won’t be an issue. Feel I’m at a good place in the order process and I’d hate to go back to sq one.
Unfortunately the real stitching is part of the premium trim group which is included with the 401a. The 400a has simulated stitching molded into the plastic.

Bobn57

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Unfortunately the real stitching is part of the premium trim group which is included with the 401a. The 400a has simulated stitching molded into the plastic.
thats a bummer
Sponsored