What's my 2020 base GT500 worth?

Vlad Soare

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vlad
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
The question is, do you really want/need to trade at all? Why would you want a new car if yours is still in "showroom new" state, never raced, never rained, never nothing?
No matter how good the deal, you will still spend a not quite negligible amount of money, only to end up with practically the same car that you already have.
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP
toothdkdr

toothdkdr

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
david
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R oxford white
It gets you your wing :thumbsup:
The question is, do you really want/need to trade at all? Why would you want a new car if yours is still in "showroom new" state, never raced, never rained, never nothing?
No matter how good the deal, you will still spend a not quite negligible amount of money, only to end up with practically the same car that you already have.
Why does any car fanatic trade there car for something new? Its what car people do to get an upgrade., and I think the CFTP model is an upgrade, it will hold it's value better in the long run. With that said I don't think I will do it even though they will sell for MSRP, not going to give up mine under market value. I will talk to them tomorrow and if nothing works then I will pass on the dealer info.

OP
OP
toothdkdr

toothdkdr

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
david
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R oxford white
OP, they can take your car, Sell it for markup and then cancel your purchase agreement any time they want. All the risk is on you.
How can they do that since they would ship there car and take mine back on the return trip.

Sponsored

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
Here is what you do. Sell the car on your own and buy the CFTP from them without the trade.

You are right, the car you have is worth way more than what they want to give you.

If I didn't want to deal with selling the car myself, add up all the dealers fees and taxes to complete the deal for both cars and add that to what you paid for your car (essentially making it an even trade).

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
75 to 90K for a 20 GT base !
Last week I paid 42K for a 21 GT premium with 9,000 miles and got 4K more than I paid for a 20 EB.
A GT premium should not be in this conversation.

The 500s are rare. Not many were made. It has the Shelby name on it and that puts it in a category all by itself.

Park

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ken
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT, 20 Mustang EB and 21 Bronco Sport
I sure did, I’ll set down and shut up.

Tonymustang302

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
2017 Turbo GT, 2019 GT350 racecar, 2021 GT500
Lol, my buddy wanted to trade his 2021 base with handling pack for a purple 22. The dealer said his cars going for 75k, no more. Meanwhile they had 50k on top of cftp.

theres no way your car should be sold for less than 90

Sponsored

Wolvee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500
How can they do that since they would ship there car and take mine back on the return trip.
I'm sorry if I missed it, I thought they were ordering you a '22. If they already have the car on the lot then you'd probably be fine. If they take your car ahead of time with a delivery TBD, then you're risking a whole lot.

Inthehighdesert

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charlie
Vehicle(s)
2020 HE GT350R, 2022 HE Gt500 Cftp
Put it in writing, problem solved. It’s a basic contract. Happens every day with all kinds of transactions.

I'm sorry if I missed it, I thought they were ordering you a '22. If they already have the car on the lot then you'd probably be fine. If they take your car ahead of time with a delivery TBD, then you're risking a whole lot.

p2wftl

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alexei
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Mustang GT pp
The deal is only for the trade. He won't get the CFTP for msrp if he sold/traded the base somewhere else.

Wolvee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500
Put it in writing, problem solved. It’s a basic contract. Happens every day with all kinds of transactions.
Dealers back out of sales all the time even with a contract to buy. I have had it happen several times. ..even with regular cars and not the in demand cars. You sign "their" contract, they aren't signing your contract that says they have to sell it to you.

Oddly I have only had this happen with Ford dealerships. Ford Dealers for the most part are shtsanwiches. The dealer who sold me my GT500 is the only dealer I have had that was great to deal with.

newmoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04 Cobra, 10 SS, 12 392, 12 5.0
Tell them to sell you the CFTP at MSRP and you will let them have your car for 75k :)

That being said I would say unless your base has unusually high mileage or damage 85k is your floor and 93k is your ceiling.
Sponsored