What's In DFB's Cabinet?

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
Job one today was an oil change on the Kranzle.

IMG-6044.jpg

I have detailed this process elsewhere; this is technically the third oil change on this unit. The first oil change was with Penrite 15/40 motor oil, which I swapped out a few weeks later when I managed to track down the OE Kranzle Gear Oil. The general recommendation is swap it out at least once a year.

When the original oil was dumped, it was somewhat grey in colour. The oil coming out today was still nice and golden in colour, a nice sign in my opinion. This Kranzle oil is very much like diff oil in consistency and smell.

Full How-To here -
(8) Kranzle Pressure Washer Oil Change | 2015+ S550 Mustang Forum (GT, EcoBoost, GT350, GT500, Bullitt, Mach 1) - Mustang6G.com

My plans for a casual wash and general tinker got thrown out the window when Dad came and borrowed my Ranger again today. Instead of washing mine, I decided to wash his Wildtrack instead. The usual 3-hour detail, inside and out.

A couple of highlights this week included getting a chance to use my new large door jamb towels, The Rag Company Dry Me A River Large 50x100cm.

https://detailingshed.com.au/product...43058690490583

IMG-6047.jpg

IMG-6050.jpg

These replace some VERY well used Waxit Waffle Weave drying towels that I have had for probably 10 years now, these being my first step away from those horrible Meguiar's Synthetic Chamois. These had been gradually demoted over the years as newer towels became available and while they have aged very well, they had lost a lot of their absorbency and softness.

IMG-6078.jpg

IMG-6079.jpg

Meguiar's Hyper Dressing is my favorite product for a job I generally hate doing, wheel arch dressing. Simply mist on and walk away.

IMG-6056.jpg

Today was not enough. I'm absolutely buggered, almost a walking zombie most of the time and no end in sight. I won't even benefit from the public holidays at Christmas or New Year. I hate this time of the year, the pressure leading up to Christmas makes me want to go and hide, pressure that doesn't get relieved like many other people get with holidays proceeding the day.
How did you like those Dry Me A River towels? I love The Rag Company so I would assume they’re just as good as everything else they make.
Sponsored

OP
OP
DFB5.0

DFB5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Fastback
This is an early birthday present to myself, the Rupes LHR15 Pneumatic.............

https://www.waxit.com.au/collections...=8956691644505

IMG-6058.jpg

The Rupes brand is almost never directly on sale, so when Waxit had 20% off storewide last month for Black Friday, I bit the bullet and ordered one.

I know, I already have a 3-inch polisher, but I had been intrigued by this machine for a while now. Considering I now have my compressed air system set up for convenient use, I thought why not.

IMG-6072.jpg

IMG-6073.jpg

IMG-6075.jpg

IMG-6077.jpg

The red dial controls the top end speed of the machine, the paddle trigger is variable, allowing the user to control the speed of the machine on the fly. I love how light the unit is too.

Now I just have to find something to polish!

OP
OP
DFB5.0

DFB5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Fastback
How did you like those Dry Me A River towels? I love The Rag Company so I would assume they’re just as good as everything else they make.
Those are one of my favorite towels, reserved for glass cleaning or messier door jambs. They have also been extremely durable.

For glass, you want the 16x24 junior version -

Dry Me A River | The Rag Company

IMG-9099.jpg

IMG-3161.jpg

IMG-5331.jpg

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
Those are one of my favorite towels, reserved for glass cleaning or messier door jambs. They have also been extremely durable.

For glass, you want the 16x24 junior version -

Dry Me A River | The Rag Company

IMG-9099.jpg

IMG-3161.jpg

IMG-5331.jpg
Thanks! I’m due for some new glass towels in the spring so I’ll have to grab a few of the juniors.

Sponsored

FKE SNK

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cam
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350, 93 Cobra clone
This is an early birthday present to myself, the Rupes LHR15 Pneumatic.............

https://www.waxit.com.au/collections...=8956691644505

IMG-6058.jpg

The Rupes brand is almost never directly on sale, so when Waxit had 20% off storewide last month for Black Friday, I bit the bullet and ordered one.

I know, I already have a 3-inch polisher, but I had been intrigued by this machine for a while now. Considering I now have my compressed air system set up for convenient use, I thought why not.

IMG-6072.jpg

IMG-6073.jpg

IMG-6075.jpg

IMG-6077.jpg

The red dial controls the top end speed of the machine, the paddle trigger is variable, allowing the user to control the speed of the machine on the fly. I love how light the unit is too.

Now I just have to find something to polish!
Nice! I have the 3M equivalent to this tool. You will love the weight/balance of this. A couple things to note.

-The red dial is locked when in use so you will need to dial it in before you put product on the pad(at least on mine)
-Your pressure on the machine is more critical for RPM than the trigger is ie - when you come off a panel the RPM's will really jump up or really slow down when pressure is applied. Air is much more touchy on the trigger
-Condensation: depending on your setup you will get water blowing out the "muffler" in the bottom. Invest in an inline separator or tie a loop in your air lines upstream

kilobravo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
'16 CT6, '18 SD, '20 GT 500
D: Congrats on the early gift and my condolences on the stress.

Your post was quite a "hit home" message <smiling> as I not only used to use those exact drying towels (and still have a ton of them,) but I also have that Rupes pneumatic but I never use it as I prefer the electric versions.

Pretty funny though and while I do use the light blue towels for glass, I never use the big ones anymore and I LOVED those big towels when drying. Now I just use the Metrovac.

Good post brother...

OP
OP
DFB5.0

DFB5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Fastback
Nice! I have the 3M equivalent to this tool. You will love the weight/balance of this. A couple things to note.

-The red dial is locked when in use so you will need to dial it in before you put product on the pad(at least on mine)
-Your pressure on the machine is more critical for RPM than the trigger is ie - when you come off a panel the RPM's will really jump up or really slow down when pressure is applied. Air is much more touchy on the trigger
-Condensation: depending on your setup you will get water blowing out the "muffler" in the bottom. Invest in an inline separator or tie a loop in your air lines upstream
Never used anything like this, so thanks for the tips.

I installed an inline separator just before in anticipation.

Sponsored

kilobravo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
'16 CT6, '18 SD, '20 GT 500
No, I had to give Matt even "Mormon" money (I THINK I got it from OG but I MAY have gone to Kranzle...can't recall mate.) <chuckling> When I changed mine about six months ago which was about a year of use, the OEM oil was semi grayish. Of course you know this, but I think the manual says once changed, it's then lifetime oil. I'm guessing you're like me and believe there is no such thing as "lifetime oil." <smiling>

OP
OP
DFB5.0

DFB5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Fastback
No, I had to give Matt even "Mormon" money (I THINK I got it from OG but I MAY have gone to Kranzle...can't recall mate.) <chuckling> When I changed mine about six months ago which was about a year of use, the OEM oil was semi grayish. Of course you know this, but I think the manual says once changed, it's then lifetime oil. I'm guessing you're like me and believe there is no such thing as "lifetime oil." <smiling>
I was referencing the Rupes LHR75 Pneumatic coming with a small bottle of oil, mine did.

In terms of oil changes, its an easy thing to do to help prolong the life of any machine, pressure washer or otherwise.

I'm a big mower freak, my latest is fitted with the newer style of Briggs and Stratton OHV engines, which are marketed as "No Oil Change - Just Check & Add".......................

IMG_3682.jpg

Um, no no no! These are mass produced engines built to price from Chinese components. (Don't let the "Made in the USA" tagline fool you, the important part on that sticker is "global parts", read: China.) Leaving the original fill oil in the engine for the life of the machine is a fool proof way of leading a customer to buying another mower in two years.

In relation to Kranzle oil changes, I asked the OG Inside The Hex page about additional oil changes and this was response was from the man himself -

" It's not really necessary, but it is good practice. I'd do it once every few years. "

OP
OP
DFB5.0

DFB5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Fastback
Add being the operative word? Because it burns so much you just keep topping it up? :giggle:
We have a couple of garbage Kohler V-Twins on Dingo mini skid-steer's that are like that. Constantly topping them up and never needing an oil change because of how much they consume. I have NEVER met a Kohler engine that I liked; Chinese made trash.

OP
OP
DFB5.0

DFB5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Fastback
We have a couple of garbage Kohler V-Twins on Dingo mini skid-steer's that are like that. Constantly topping them up and never needing an oil change because of how much they consume. I have NEVER met a Kohler engine that I liked; Chinese made trash.
Said machines. It's taken a long time for me to be somewhat confident using these..........

IMG-3181.jpg
Sponsored