OP
OP
DFB5.0

DFB5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Fastback
I was particularly interested in the longevity of towels as AutoBuff has a 15% off sale atm on a range of notable gear. Note: I haven't yet compared to see if the sale price is actually any good.

https://autobuff.com.au/
CarCareCo rarely, if ever, have sales, so I would 100% be ordering from AutoBuff in this case.

Couple of examples -

Creature Edgeless - $4.91 @ AutoBuff / $5.45 @ CCC

Gauntlet Medium- $24.26 @ AutoBuff / $26.95 @ CCC

FTW - $12.56 @ AutoBuff / $13.95 @ CCC

OP
OP
DFB5.0

DFB5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Fastback
OP
OP
DFB5.0

DFB5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Fastback
Black Friday Sale Delivery One!

IMG-5999.jpg

Pads are expensive, especially from a brand like Rupes. I have heard good things about these Rupes Yellow Wool Pads, so I'm keen to give them a try. I ordered a couple for both my 3-inch and 5-inch machines. I also ordered a pack for my Nano polisher, but they mistakenly sent me Rupes Yellow Foam instead of Wool, which I will chase them up about next week.

https://www.waxit.com.au/products/rupes-bigfoot-yellow-medium-wool-pad?variant=12194184527961

IMG-6001.jpg

IMG-6002.jpg

The big part of this order was the ScanGrip wheeled stand. ScanGrip have only just been launched at Waxit, debuting for the Black Friday Sale and the new website launch.

https://www.waxit.com.au/collections/scangrip/products/scangrip-stand-tripod?variant=40323211559001

I already have the Multimatch R light, so this stand will make its use much easier.

IMG-5968.jpg

IMG-5970.jpg

IMG-5973.jpg

IMG-5974.jpg

The stand is mounted on a wheel base with two locking casters.

IMG-5993.jpg

The pole is made up of three pieces, allowing for plenty adjustment up or down.

IMG-5991.jpg

These stands are designed hand in hand with the lights, so fitment is easy and logical. A light can be mounted and secured on top of the pole -

IMG-5982.jpg

IMG-5989.jpg

IMG-5987.jpg

There is also a provision for fitment lower down on the pole. This would allow for the use of two lights to shoot light up and down on your working surface.

IMG-5980.jpg

Bugger, now I need to buy a second Multimatch R to complete the set............... :facepalm:

OP
OP
DFB5.0

DFB5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Fastback
Black Friday Sale Delivery Two!

I don't order from Adam's all that much as the product is just too expensive for what it is. I do however like their products, and a 25% discount sweetens the deal.

IMG-6012.jpg

There is one item missing from this order, for some reason a bottle of Mega Foam was left out of the box. To Adam's credit, they responded to my email within 15 minutes and will have the bottle sent out.

One could ask, why did I order three different soaps. My initial response to that would be "you must be new here". :giggle:

In the case of Ultra Foam, I have not used that before and just wanted to try it, the initial sniff test revealed a heady berry aroma. It's pH neutral and is more concentrated than the other two soaps.

https://adamspolishes.com.au/product...d38cbbc1&_ss=r

Mega Foam I have really enjoyed using, it's easier to pour than the blue soap, smells nice and foams brilliantly.

https://adamspolishes.com.au/product...ced1cac2&_ss=r

IMG_5890.jpg

And the blue Car Shampoo, while a touch thick, is just a nice product. It foams well and has good lubrication. It also relatively safe when washing in the sun.

https://adamspolishes.com.au/product...98f47356&_ss=r

oct131.jpg

Sponsored

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
Hey D. It’s winter time here in Chicago so I’m looking to restock my rinseless wash products for times when I can’t get to a touchless car wash. Like your original post, I mainly use McKee’s and ONR, however, I saw that P&S came out with their own rinseless wash, Absolute. Just curious if you’ve had a chance to try it out yet. Our favorite reviewer (Pan) has reviewed as have a few others and it looks pretty decent but not sure if it’s worth straying from the proven ONR and McKee’s.

OP
OP
DFB5.0

DFB5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Fastback
Good news! I actually managed to drive one of them this week! The Mustang is approaching a milestone, although it will probably take me another 10 months to crack 10,000km! :giggle:

IMG-5950.jpg

Finally, we are getting a stretch of nice weather, no 4 seasons in one day kind of stuff for the last seven days. I mention the weather a lot in this thread because so much of what I do is dictated by what is happening outside. Working outdoors, the weather controls your movements a lot, be that rain, freezing cold frosty mornings, stinking hot summer heat or even wind. So when the weather is just right, it's the best thing in the world to be working outdoors.

That includes detailing work.

IMG-6017.jpg

The Mustang is my favorite car to wash, so any chance to do so is always anticipated. I used up the last of a bottle of Adams Tire & Rubber Cleaner on the tires, GSF for the wheels. The rest of the exterior had a bath in GSF before being dried with the OG Drying Aid, door jambs and engine bay included. The interior was wiped over with Carpro InnerQD, glass with Carpro Clarify and I also gave the seats, steering wheel and door trims I wipe over with NV Nourish. The wheels wiped over with NV Boost v1 and the tyres treated with OG Tire Dressing.

With the Mustang covered back up, I decided to try out Adams Ultra Foam on the Ranger.

IMG-6022.jpg

I rarely add soap to the bucket directly, although I occasionally empty the remains of the foam cannon into the rinse bucket. I do however apply soap to the wash pad. Considering I wash with foam on the car, this step is probably overkill, but I have the product and it's there to be used.

IMG-6025.jpg

Ultra Foam is a thicker soap, so care must be taken to mix it well with the water in the foam cannon. The foam is somewhat thinner in consistency though, not the ultra-thick stuff Mega Foam produces. Ultra Foam rinses brilliantly though, not reactivating like some can, and the scent is of the berry variety.

IMG-6027.jpg

IMG-6028.jpg

IMG-6032.jpg

The Ranger wasn't all that dirty this week, so it cleaned up pretty quickly. I used NV Boost v2 as the drying, Carpro ECH20 on the tray and door jambs, glass was via Stoners Invisible Glass. Tyres dressed with Carpro Perl.

I also spent some time reorganizing my chemical cabinets. I hate doing this, but I bit the bullet and threw out the better part of a gallon of Meguiars Leather Cleaner & Conditioner, including a 500ml of the stuff I had in a Kwazar sprayer.

mlcac100.jpg

IMG-9398.jpg

I bought this stuff when I started doing more paid details during the Covid peaks as a more "economical" solution to leather care. I tried it a few times but I just did not like it. I hated the scent, I hated the application, I hated the greasy finish it left, and I hated the slipperiness it created. It offers little to no cleaning ability and in my opinion, made leather look worse than it did pre-treatment.

My take on Megs Leather Cleaner & Conditioner is that its an express product for full-time detailers, designed to offer the most noticeable difference after application to impress customers. In reality, all it does is cover up the dirt rather than removing it, imparting a glossy sheen to disguise what is still underneath it.

I hate waste and I hate throwing stuff away that cost me good money. But the gallon bottle was taking up room in my surplus cabinet, room I can't justify for a product that is not being used.

OP
OP
DFB5.0

DFB5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Fastback
I have heard conflicting stories about Meguiar's Hyper Dressing, some say it's been discontinued, others say its just in short supply at the moment. I love this stuff so much that I'm hedging my bets and stocking up on it.

IMG-6015.jpg

This is the pre-diluted version of Hyper Dressing, gallon bottles sell for $140 - $170 each in Australia and are virtually unobtainable at the moment. These two bottles, along with the remainder of my 32oz bottle of concentrate should last me quite a while.

I also took an opportunity to stock up on Gyeon Glass and Gyeon Bathe while they were on sale. Both are excellent products.

OP
OP
DFB5.0

DFB5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Fastback
Hey D. It’s winter time here in Chicago so I’m looking to restock my rinseless wash products for times when I can’t get to a touchless car wash. Like your original post, I mainly use McKee’s and ONR, however, I saw that P&S came out with their own rinseless wash, Absolute. Just curious if you’ve had a chance to try it out yet. Our favorite reviewer (Pan) has reviewed as have a few others and it looks pretty decent but not sure if it’s worth straying from the proven ONR and McKee’s.
I have ONR, McKee's N-914, Carpro ECH20 and P&S Absolute in my cabinet.

While a lot of people rave about N-914, I just don't love it. For me, I find N-914 to be strangely "sticky" to use. From what I can tell, N-914 seems to be a surfactant-based product so that would sort of make sense. You can tell it's a surfactant by the way it "lathers" up under agitation. Some will like that, some wont.

IMG-2708.jpg

I have come to really love ONR, and not just for rinse-less washing. I'm also using it as an interior detailer as well wiping down door jambs. From my use, I easily prefer ONR over N-914.

IMG-4857.jpg

P&S Absolute is a polymer-based product like ONR. For rinse-less washing, this is my favorite and offers the best slickness.

IMG-5178.jpg

A couple of tips regarding Absolute -

-You need to shake the bottle vigorously prior to measuring it out. The liquid seems to separate somewhat after sitting. This is just a characteristic of the product.

-Likewise, make sure you stir the product into your bucket well to properly dilute it. You may also need to stir the solution up every so often. Again, a characteristic of the product.

-While a drying aid is not technically needed, Absolute teamed with P&S Bead Maker is an excellent combination. After washing and while the panel is still wet/damp, apply a couple of sprays of Bead Maker and dry with a towel. Because Absolute was designed to play with Bead Maker, the finished result is brilliant slickness and gloss. Such a great combo and highly recommended.

IMG-5187.jpg

IMG-5204.jpg

Another product I would also have a look at is Carpro ECH20. Unlike ONR or Absolute which leave behind a mild amount of polymers, ECH20 adds some protection in the form of Si02 after its use. I have not used it as a rinse-less yet, but is very nice to use and smells great. It can be a bit touchy in relation to dilution rate, start with the recommended rate and adjust if required.

IMG_4505.jpg

Sponsored

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
I have ONR, McKee's N-914, Carpro ECH20 and P&S Absolute in my cabinet.

While a lot of people rave about N-914, I just don't love it. For me, I find N-914 to be strangely "sticky" to use. From what I can tell, N-914 seems to be a surfactant-based product so that would sort of make sense. You can tell it's a surfactant by the way it "lathers" up under agitation. Some will like that, some wont.

IMG-2708.jpg

I have come to really love ONR, and not just for rinse-less washing. I'm also using it as an interior detailer as well wiping down door jambs. From my use, I easily prefer ONR over N-914.

IMG-4857.jpg

P&S Absolute is a polymer-based product like ONR. For rinse-less washing, this is my favorite and offers the best slickness.

IMG-5178.jpg

A couple of tips regarding Absolute -

-You need to shake the bottle vigorously prior to measuring it out. The liquid seems to separate somewhat after sitting. This is just a characteristic of the product.

-Likewise, make sure you stir the product into your bucket well to properly dilute it. You may also need to stir the solution up every so often. Again, a characteristic of the product.

-While a drying aid is not technically needed, Absolute teamed with P&S Bead Maker is an excellent combination. After washing and while the panel is still wet/damp, apply a couple of sprays of Bead Maker and dry with a towel. Because Absolute was designed to play with Bead Maker, the finished result is brilliant slickness and gloss. Such a great combo and highly recommended.

IMG-5187.jpg

IMG-5204.jpg

Another product I would also have a look at is Carpro ECH20. Unlike ONR or Absolute which leave behind a mild amount of polymers, ECH20 adds some protection in the form of Si02 after its use. I have not used it as a rinse-less yet, but is very nice to use and smells great. It can be a bit touchy in relation to dilution rate, start with the recommended rate and adjust if required.

IMG_4505.jpg
Thanks D, appreciate the insights!

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
My pleasure, let me know which one you choose.
I have a little bit of McKee’s left so I think I might give the Absolute a try and if I don’t like it I have McKee’s as a backup. Thanks again for the help

OP
OP
DFB5.0

DFB5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Fastback
I have a little bit of McKee’s left so I think I might give the Absolute a try and if I don’t like it I have McKee’s as a backup. Thanks again for the help
Grab some Bead Maker as well, you can thank me later. :like:

OP
OP
DFB5.0

DFB5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Fastback
Job one today was an oil change on the Kranzle.

IMG-6044.jpg

I have detailed this process elsewhere; this is technically the third oil change on this unit. The first oil change was with Penrite 15/40 motor oil, which I swapped out a few weeks later when I managed to track down the OE Kranzle Gear Oil. The general recommendation is swap it out at least once a year.

When the original oil was dumped, it was somewhat grey in colour. The oil coming out today was still nice and golden in colour, a nice sign in my opinion. This Kranzle oil is very much like diff oil in consistency and smell.

Full How-To here -
(8) Kranzle Pressure Washer Oil Change | 2015+ S550 Mustang Forum (GT, EcoBoost, GT350, GT500, Bullitt, Mach 1) - Mustang6G.com

My plans for a casual wash and general tinker got thrown out the window when Dad came and borrowed my Ranger again today. Instead of washing mine, I decided to wash his Wildtrack instead. The usual 3-hour detail, inside and out.

A couple of highlights this week included getting a chance to use my new large door jamb towels, The Rag Company Dry Me A River Large 50x100cm.

https://detailingshed.com.au/product...43058690490583

IMG-6047.jpg

IMG-6050.jpg

These replace some VERY well used Waxit Waffle Weave drying towels that I have had for probably 15 years now, these being my first step away from those horrible Meguiar's Synthetic Chamois. These had been gradually demoted over the years as newer towels became available and while they have aged very well, they had lost a lot of their absorbency and softness.

IMG-6078.jpg

IMG-6079.jpg

Meguiar's Hyper Dressing is my favorite product for a job I generally hate doing, wheel arch dressing. Simply mist on and walk away.

IMG-6056.jpg

Today was not enough. I'm absolutely buggered, almost a walking zombie most of the time and no end in sight. I won't even benefit from the public holidays at Christmas or New Year. I hate this time of the year, the pressure leading up to Christmas makes me want to go and hide, pressure that doesn't get relieved like many other people get with holidays proceeding the day.
Sponsored