OP
OP
nastang87xx

nastang87xx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
I sort of understand. I didn't buy the ST just for winter. I bought it because there's an intrinsic appeal in a small, light car with a firm suspension, handling, and a little power. If it's competent in the snow, that will be a bonus.
Very. The only thing I'll comment on is that the "torque vectoring" gets a bit annoying in the slippery stuff at times. It's not dangerous but you get a moment every once in a while where you think "dafuq are you doing, car?"
Sponsored

ITLRUN

HiPo Joe
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R HR186
2015 F250 is pretty much my daily year round

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
Harry is driving a civic R? :crazy:
Tom, obviously I am a hardcore and loyal Blue Oval enthusiast as I started with a '67 Cougar back in the day and will end up with Mustangs till the very end of my journey but over the last 5 decades of enjoying the automotive hobby I have come across some other brands that I have had some limited exposure to with my favorite Japanese manufacturer by far being the Honda brand.

Back in 1986 I was still in Vancouver and was weekend racing my '86 Dodge Omni GLH and an '87 Mustang LX 5.0 notchback and was looking for a daily driver and happened to test drive a very early '87 Acura Integra LS after which time I was impressed and bought that car. Put 200K miles on that car and then sold it to a friend.

In 1992 when Acura launched the Integra GS-R model I was very fortunate to purchase the very first GS-R sold in Canada which also happened to be the display/unveiling car for all of the Canadian Acura dealerships. Had a great time with that car and should have never sold it as that car is very rare today especially coming with the very first B17A1 VTEC engines from Japan.

Then last December (2017) while I was visiting my daughter in Australia when I got an email from a friend who is the GSM at a Honda dealership in South Carolina and mentioned that he was just given an allocation for a Civic Type R and asked me if I was interested in the car. After some deliberation I pulled the trigger with the car showing up last June. Obviously a totally different driving experience compared to my Boss and Shelby cars but a great driving experience just the same.

Outstanding transmission, chassis, suspension and a terrific little engine that is built in Anna, Ohio and then shipped over to the Honda assembly plant in Swindon, England.

Last year the Type R set the fastest lap time ever at NĆ¼rburgring for a FWD vehicle which is pretty cool.

Don't get me wrong I still am a hardcore Ford/Mustang enthusiast and will be that way to the very end but nothing wrong with stepping outside of the box once in a while.

:wink:

Grimace427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Mustang 5.0
peter, ever consider Conti DWS06's? I drove a '15 GT PP with them on last year and they were SOOOOO good. And I had them on my Focus ST.

I've sold plenty of those on Benz customer cars, sidewall is too soft and squishy plus they get noisy when worn.

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
Don't get me wrong I still am a hardcore Ford/Mustang enthusiast and will be that way to the very end but nothing wrong with stepping outside of the box once in a while.

:wink:
Just havin fun Harry. Just never figured you'd be turning Japaneese though

Sponsored

OP
OP
nastang87xx

nastang87xx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
I've sold plenty of those on Benz customer cars, sidewall is too soft and squishy plus they get noisy when worn.

Ah, typical Conti problems then? I guess only driving a ten miles or so isn't a good indicator. They dug though at least through the white stuff. How were the AS3 wear characteristics? I get the feeling they would wear really poorly for winter performance.

TMully06

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R, 2017 F80 M3, 2020 Lincoln Navigator Black Label
2017 F80 M3 (year round daily)... BMW 641 19" wheels with winter continentals (square)... GT350 tucked away until March 1

Grimace427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Mustang 5.0
Ah, typical Conti problems then? I guess only driving a ten miles or so isn't a good indicator. They dug though at least through the white stuff. How were the AS3 wear characteristics? I get the feeling they would wear really poorly for winter performance.

The Conti's are great for a normal DD car, just wouldn't want them on my Mustang. IIRC I installed my A/S 3's in February 2015, don't exactly remember the mileage but I think I have about 30k and they are still at 4/32nds remaining so it's not like they are bald by any means but they are becoming less safe to be driving on especially in these weather conditions. I absolutely love them and will put them on again as soon as I can afford a new set. They may be the only tires I use from now on unless I buy a new car that comes with something else(then when those are worn I'll go back to A/S 3s haha!).

Sponsored

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
Lies..................

Lol, kidding. Nice work. The only ones I've seen were let go for over MSRP.
Thanks and appreciate your comments as you and I both know how hard these cars are to come by let alone being able to purchase this automobile at a terrific price.

To confirm your point I was at the Atlanta International Auto Show last March and spoke with a couple of Honda dealerships onsite and at the time they were asking $10K over MSRP.

After being an automotive enthusiast for a long time I have been very fortunate and blessed to have met some great people along the way and especially at Ford and am thankful everyday for the many friendships and relationships that our hobby has enabled me to make and try to return the favor to others whenever possible.

FWIW, my wife enjoys driving my Mustangs but really enjoys driving this vehicle that she calls "Little Red".

:like::like:

svttim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R
2010 Taurus SHO. Love the winter beater :)

Hudman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eddie
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium 2018 Ford Edge Titanium AWD
You southern folk, don't rub it in. Yes yes, we know, we've heard it all before. :ontheloo:

"I'm driving my GT350!"
"Stop bitching, move to a different state!"
"How could you not drive your car all year around? You don't deserve a GT350!"

Lick my beer battered Milwaukeean balls.

Anyway, where's the snow warriors?
Iā€™m in Michigan (Detroit area). Iā€™m driving my 2019 Mustang GT this winter. I will park it when we get heavy snow.
Sponsored