Sponsored

Whats best water stain remover on glass?

monte87

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rapid RED Metallic GT
Hi guys,
What is the best water stain remover for glass on our cars?? I parked outside near sprinklers and stained all my windows..

Thanks, Anthony
Sponsored

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Try some Dawn dishwashing liquid, white vinegar and water. You might also have to hit it with some polishing compound afterward (wipe with microfiber towel) and follow that up with Windex.

DFB5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Fastback
A couple of ways to tackle this.

First, try a water-spot remover like CarPro Spotless or a 50/50 mix of white vinegar and distilled water. These products are worth having on hand for speedy removal of these mineral etchings.

CARPRO Spotless 2.0 Water Spot Remover 500ml (17oz) *New* - Sky's The Limit Car Care (carpro-us.com)
CARPRO Spotless 2.0 Water Spot Remover 500 ml. (autogeek.net)

IMG-7202.jpg

If that doesn't work, you will need to polish them out. Use either a heavy cutting compound (glass is hard and can take more aggressive compounds) or use CarPro CeriGlass. Use by hand or machine.

CeriGlass can be bought as kit or a single item. The kit is better value and comes with a small applicator pad. On a machine, use a Rayon Pad.

CARPRO CeriGlass Polish Kit (150ml) - Sky's The Limit Car Care (carpro-us.com)
CARPRO CeriGlass Polish 150ml (5oz) - Sky's The Limit Car Care (carpro-us.com)

CARPRO Glass Rayon Polishing Pad - 5" - Sky's The Limit Car Care (carpro-us.com)
CARPRO Glass Rayon Polishing Pad - 3" - Sky's The Limit Car Care (carpro-us.com)

IMG-1929.jpg

IMG-1920.jpg

OP
OP
monte87

monte87

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
Try some Dawn dishwashing liquid, white vinegar and water. You might also have to hit it with some polishing compound afterward (wipe with microfiber towel) and follow that up with Windex.
Thanks for reply

OP
OP
monte87

monte87

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
Thanks for reply. I hope these stains come out, they look horrible.

QUOTE="DFB5.0, post: 3551603, member: 29348"]
A couple of ways to tackle this.

First, try a water-spot remover like CarPro Spotless or a 50/50 mix of white vinegar and distilled water. These products are worth having on hand for speedy removal of these mineral etchings.

CARPRO Spotless 2.0 Water Spot Remover 500ml (17oz) *New* - Sky's The Limit Car Care (carpro-us.com)
CARPRO Spotless 2.0 Water Spot Remover 500 ml. (autogeek.net)

IMG-7202.jpg

If that doesn't work, you will need to polish them out. Use either a heavy cutting compound (glass is hard and can take more aggressive compounds) or use CarPro CeriGlass. Use by hand or machine.

CeriGlass can be bought as kit or a single item. The kit is better value and comes with a small applicator pad. On a machine, use a Rayon Pad.

CARPRO CeriGlass Polish Kit (150ml) - Sky's The Limit Car Care (carpro-us.com)
CARPRO CeriGlass Polish 150ml (5oz) - Sky's The Limit Car Care (carpro-us.com)

CARPRO Glass Rayon Polishing Pad - 5" - Sky's The Limit Car Care (carpro-us.com)
CARPRO Glass Rayon Polishing Pad - 3" - Sky's The Limit Car Care (carpro-us.com)

IMG-1929.jpg

IMG-1920.jpg

[/QUOTE]

Sponsored

Ecto1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Premium
If vinegar & soap solution doesn't work try Chemical Guys Water Spot Remover. It is AMAZING on water spots. Needed to get rid of some on my 02 TBird and tried everything short of a mechanical buffer and rubbing compound. The Chemical Guys stuff works. Easy to use with no residue. No damage to paint, chrome, or glass. Received mine 2 days after ordering. Great product, great service.

https://www.chemicalguys.com/heavy-duty-water-spot-remover/water-spot-remover.html

The 4 oz bottle should be all you need.

Aftrmat

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alexander
Vehicle(s)
2021 mustang gt
Hi guys,
What is the best water stain remover for glass on our cars?? I parked outside near sprinklers and stained all my windows..

Thanks, Anthony
i use chemical guys water spot remover with amazing resultsand easy to use and clean.

Sponsored

DFB5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Fastback
Hmmm...I'll have to check to see D, but my guess is I have V1 and probably have half a liter left.
I have the older version too. I don't use it often, more of an insurance policy, so I wont need to get the newer formulation for a LONG time. Was curious as to whether the V2.0 is noticeable better.

ay1820

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Al
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT/CS
I recently had the same question. I ended up using Zaino glass polish which worked well for me. https://www.zainostore.com/product/Z-12.html

I got a lot of great suggestions here, but I had a very old (like at least 7 or 8 years old) bottle of this stuff in my garage, so I figured I would give it a try and it worked great.
Sponsored