Sponsored

Whats a Little Thing You Love and a Little Thing You Hate?

JUNQDAWG

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
WILL
Vehicle(s)
2018 MUSTANG GT 5.0 10 SPEED
Love just about everything, especially when a Mustang guy recognizes and asks about my PP2. I love that there are no badges and only Mustang guys recognize it is more.
Hate:
1. doesn't hold mode
2. Seats do not slide forward - if you are have the seats all the way back, what can you fit when the seat leans forward? not much.
3. No factory spare
4. Sync system background color is not user selectable or at least matches My Color mode

Yes Sir . That Fancy Fix a Flat Can Sucks !! Don't know which wheels you are sporting . but my 2018 19" Black powder coated . I bought a used one from a Salvage Yard with very small scratch on lip . NOT BENT ! for $100 +UPS Bought a Cheap NO Name brand tire new for $193.00. Bought a cheap Floor jack with unscrew 2 piece handle . put a Snap-on ratchet and 13/16 deep socket . Everything except wheel fits down where the throw away spare would go . that they want $500 for . Put a little foam padding so no rattles and lay wheel on top of cover . BE DAMN CERTAIN to look where you put jack head under side of car . only one place on front and back that is open to accept jack . If you do like me the first time .It popped the lower side flare OFF !! . Easy fix when you have a body shop with some extra clips to pop back on .USE TAPE TO GET TO THE BODY SHOP . Wheels torque 150 ft .pounds. But for a flat fix just ratchet it tight as you can then" turn another half round " NOOOOO
JUST KIDDING . So instead of 595.00 for throw away spare which a Salvage yard would gladly sell you for damn near nothing . Back in Business we couldnot give those things away .
I got less than $300 in full size wheel/with new tire. Jack is neither here nor there cuz you can always use a floor jack . but it was $45 @ Auto Zone . Ratchet/socket from my tool chest .no/chrg..Junqdawg
Sponsored

SEAICE

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BW
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Convertible
Vehicle Showcase
After a month-and-a-half, I love the looks, performance and relatively cheap (and abundant) aftermarket. What I'm not so pleased with is the rough A-10 trans and the plasticky door panels and center console.

Daryl333

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Daryl
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
I don't like this flaw in the headlight plastic. I'm the only one that sees it. Dealership laughed at me when I wanted a new headlight under warranty. Also don't like the cold start RPMs but VMP performance took care of that by lowering the Revs at start up in my tune.
Other than these trivial things I love my car.

20210607_160439.jpg

dgreene1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Don
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium Convertible
Love the delight on my kids' faces when I gun the Roush axle-back under a wide overpass with the top down. Don't love when my wife rolls her eyes in the same scenario.

Sponsored

olerodder

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1/A10
I love my baby as a whole. Any car that has me admiring her from all angles and smiling when I drive her is an absolute victory. Just hate the wheel gap!! Should have been lower.
I went with 265/40/19's in front and 285/40/19's in the rear, not a lot of gap and stock ride height.
2019today.jpg

olerodder

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1/A10
When I sold my 14 TrkPk, everyone told me I was crazy to buy a S550, but I like mine 19GT/PP1/A10. I would have liked to get the PP2 but wanted the A10 instead of the manual, so I settled for a base PP1 that checked most of the boxes except the Magneride. The S550 feels more planted than my 14 and gets more mpg both around town and on the highway. Although a lot of people don't like the PP1 wheels, I do, and when they're clean I love the gloss black finish. I've switched to 265's in the front and 285's in the rear which fills up the fender wells a little more since mine isn't lowered. I installed jacking rails, took off the resonator in favor of the FPP X pipe, and with the active exhaust in standard mode it's 93db, sport is 101db, and track is almost 114db. Oh, in quite mode it's 78db.
I added a Katzkin leather interior in place of the cloth and red goes really nice with the white exterior.
The funny thing is that spending almost a whole day at the drag strip, the fastest mph/et was in normal mode, and that A10 seems to keep the 5.0 in the sweetspot the whole 1/4 mile. A couple of 6spd guys were a little put off with me showing them a car length or two, but after 40+ years of drag racing NHRA I still know a few tricks even though the 60' times were around 2.01. compared to the Maverick which was 1.29. I think for a very stock car 11.9's @ 117 was pretty respectable...that is the one thing about this Mustang I really like!
2019today.jpg
Katzkin19PP1seats.jpg
old Mustang2.jpg

dman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt pp lightning
When I sold my 14 TrkPk, everyone told me I was crazy to buy a S550, but I like mine 19GT/PP1/A10. I would have liked to get the PP2 but wanted the A10 instead of the manual, so I settled for a base PP1 that checked most of the boxes except the Magneride. The S550 feels more planted than my 14 and gets more mpg both around town and on the highway. Although a lot of people don't like the PP1 wheels, I do, and when they're clean I love the gloss black finish. I've switched to 265's in the front and 285's in the rear which fills up the fender wells a little more since mine isn't lowered. I installed jacking rails, took off the resonator in favor of the FPP X pipe, and with the active exhaust in standard mode it's 93db, sport is 101db, and track is almost 114db. Oh, in quite mode it's 78db.
I added a Katzkin leather interior in place of the cloth and red goes really nice with the white exterior.
The funny thing is that spending almost a whole day at the drag strip, the fastest mph/et was in normal mode, and that A10 seems to keep the 5.0 in the sweetspot the whole 1/4 mile. A couple of 6spd guys were a little put off with me showing them a car length or two, but after 40+ years of drag racing NHRA I still know a few tricks even though the 60' times were around 2.01. compared to the Maverick which was 1.29. I think for a very stock car 11.9's @ 117 was pretty respectable...that is the one thing about this Mustang I really like!
2019today.jpg
Katzkin19PP1seats.jpg
old Mustang2.jpg
You may like those wheels but at 33-34 lbs a piece youā€˜re missing it. OZ racing flow formed etc...21.5 lbs adds up to -50 lbs
total weight and -14 lbs unsprung at each corner. Thatā€™s quicker
throttle, lighter braking and better suspension response...a win, win, win! PP wheels first thing I dumped...Ford should make a real
wheel, they have before but itā€™s been a while.

Sponsored

Lorne34

Project Hidalgo
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lorne
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
I don't like this flaw in the headlight plastic. I'm the only one that sees it. Dealership laughed at me when I wanted a new headlight under warranty. Also don't like the cold start RPMs but VMP performance took care of that by lowering the Revs at start up in my tune.
Other than these trivial things I love my car.

20210607_160439.jpg
just think of it as a beauty mark...

Lorne34

Project Hidalgo
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lorne
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
love the cobra puddle lamps. Hate that there is not a more definitive area for cell phone...

Lancaster

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang V8 GT Fastback
Likes: Absolutely love the way the car looks, particularly from the rear quarter angle. I also love the fact that the car is pure drama and theatre - so a big thumbs up to the engine and active exhaust as well. I additionally like that the car is relative rarity in the UK - far less common than other Ā£50K coupes from BMW, Mercedes and Audi at any rate.

Dislikes: Yes, I could moan about the horrendous panel gaps, thin paintwork and flimsy/plastic interior trim, however, what probably annoys me more is lack of a memory function for the seats (canā€™t get them in the UK no matter which version you buy) and the fact that seats arenā€™t on sliders which makes accessing the back difficult and ruins your seating position (which is then a pain to return without a memory function)!

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
GT PP2 RaceRed Roush> Steeda> preformance
Vehicle Showcase
I have found if you don't shut the door fully, just the first click then the horn won't honk twice.

It can be turned OFF, with the preferences provided, FORScan, not required .....fyi ..
Sponsored

Last edited: