Sponsored

Whats a Little Thing You Love and a Little Thing You Hate?

ctandc72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT 6 speed Base
Vehicle Showcase
Yes Sir . That Fancy Fix a Flat Can Sucks !! Don't know which wheels you are sporting . but my 2018 19" Black powder coated . I bought a used one from a Salvage Yard with very small scratch on lip . NOT BENT ! for $100 +UPS Bought a Cheap NO Name brand tire new for $193.00. Bought a cheap Floor jack with unscrew 2 piece handle . put a Snap-on ratchet and 13/16 deep socket . Everything except wheel fits down where the throw away spare would go . that they want $500 for . Put a little foam padding so no rattles and lay wheel on top of cover . BE DAMN CERTAIN to look where you put jack head under side of car . only one place on front and back that is open to accept jack . If you do like me the first time .It popped the lower side flare OFF !! . Easy fix when you have a body shop with some extra clips to pop back on .USE TAPE TO GET TO THE BODY SHOP . Wheels torque 150 ft .pounds. But for a flat fix just ratchet it tight as you can then" turn another half round " NOOOOO
JUST KIDDING . So instead of 595.00 for throw away spare which a Salvage yard would gladly sell you for damn near nothing . Back in Business we couldnot give those things away .
I got less than $300 in full size wheel/with new tire. Jack is neither here nor there cuz you can always use a floor jack . but it was $45 @ Auto Zone . Ratchet/socket from my tool chest .no/chrg..Junqdawg
If you don't have a PP car, you can buy the complete Ford spare tire kit (jack, tire etc) that's made to fit in the trunk for less than half of $500 - shipped.

15 thru 20 Mustang OEM Genuine Ford Spare Wheel Tire Kit with Jack & Wrench NEW | eBay

I scored my unused setup on FB marketplace a couple of years ago for less than$200.
Sponsored

JUNQDAWG

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
WILL
Vehicle(s)
2018 MUSTANG GT 5.0 10 SPEED

Brokestang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 mustang gt
It can be turned OFF, with the preferences provided, FORScan, not required .....fyi ..
I am not good with computers so does that mean it's an option in the menu of the car or I need this forscan thing? I have a 300a car. Thanks!

Last edited:

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
GT PP2 RaceRed Roush> Steeda> preformance
Vehicle Showcase
I am not good with computers so does that mean it's an option in the menu of the car or I need this forscan thing? I have a 300a car. Thanks!

I have a 2020, in the manual (owners PDF), it tells about re-setting the oil life. The button on the wheel with the GEAR symbol.

Those are the menus that it was seen in, just need to look around. Think is was something like "auto entry & exit" turning off the exit, prevents the horn to sound.

Not going to see turn off horn. It happens with other things. For insrence turning off the puddle lite, will include the horn .

What I'm saying is you cannot just turn off the horn. That would require the FORScan, cause that is a code specific change, for a hardware function.

Sponsored

emcmtony

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
2020 Saleen Mustang S302 White Label
Maybe not so little...Gertag tranny, built in China and the shifter...
dislike.
New to the forum so excuse my lack of background. I understand there have been problems with past Getrag Trannies, but they are a very respected company doing business with top auto makers, correct? Have they improved the tranny at all since the problems? What years are affected?

emcmtony

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
2020 Saleen Mustang S302 White Label
Little thing I Love - The triple turn signal flash with a press of the lever.

Little thing I Hate - My back gets hot and our cooled seats do nothing to fix that.
I thought it was just me!! My back sweats after a long ride in this car, more than other cars I have driven.

Jaymar

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaymar
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT/CS - Rapid Red
New to the forum so excuse my lack of background. I understand there have been problems with past Getrag Trannies, but they are a very respected company doing business with top auto makers, correct? Have they improved the tranny at all since the problems? What years are affected?
It's not that bad. It's still a budget item so it isn't the most fantastic transmission you've ever felt but it's still light years better than any of the old T5 family crap we used to have to deal with. It's mostly a problem for the 700HP+ blower crowd and the shift-it-like-an-ape and wonder why it blows crowd.

dman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt pp lightning
Tranny is so-so. It’s the shifter mechanism that can be an issue.
you can adjust your shift to avoid some of the probs but...high
rpms can be interesting, especially on track. I like MGW shifters

libtrucker

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT Premium PP, 1995 F-250 XL
I love the "quickness". I've had powerful cars (mainly trucks) but nothing as quick as this car. Grabbing a high gear and cutting through traffic is so much fun.

I hate the fact that Subaru paints their economy shitboxes the IDENTICAL orange to Twister Orange. I think its such a hot rod color and love my car, but when I see a Subaru the same color, I say, I should have gotten red 😪

Sponsored

Brokestang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 mustang gt
I have a 2020, in the manual (owners PDF), it tells about re-setting the oil life. The button on the wheel with the GEAR symbol.

Those are the menus that it was seen in, just need to look around. Think is was something like "auto entry & exit" turning off the exit, prevents the horn to sound.

Not going to see turn off horn. It happens with other things. For insrence turning off the puddle lite, will include the horn .

What I'm saying is you cannot just turn off the horn. That would require the FORScan, cause that is a code specific change, for a hardware function.
Ok I am not sure mine has those settings but I'll look. If not it'll have to stay the way it is. If I mess with it my headlights will come on when I put it in reverse!🤣

Bulldog9

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2020 Bullitt, 2017 Tundra TRDPRO, 1976 Porsche 912
I like the understated look of the Bullitt, active exhaust, and the overall balance of comfort and performance that the car provides.

The few things I don't like: 1. The telescoping steering wheel does not slide farther towards the dash pinnacle. I could use another 1-2"
2. The menu selections are goofy. The gauge and trip selections should be in the same menu.
3. Wish I could disable the shadow color on the gauges speedo and tach. I'd prefer just the needle.
4. Back seat outside arm wrest areas and lower door plastic is El-cheapo, looks terrible, but it is a Mustang not an M3. A shame as the rest looks fine to me.
5. Vacuum gauge is silly.
6. No sunroof or glass roof option!
7. Wish it had more steering feel. The only real area I miss my M3

But this is all not picking, love my Bullitt.

olerodder

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1/A10
You may like those wheels but at 33-34 lbs a piece you‘re missing it. OZ racing flow formed etc...21.5 lbs adds up to -50 lbs
total weight and -14 lbs unsprung at each corner. That’s quicker
throttle, lighter braking and better suspension response...a win, win, win! PP wheels first thing I dumped...Ford should make a real
wheel, they have before but it’s been a while.
I appreciate your remarks, although I'm not racing SCCA any longer and OZ, although made in Australia and a great product, just don't suit my taste, although if they made them to look the OE's I'd probably be tempted, but at $500ea, maybe not as the $2k would make a small dent in the fund for supercharging the White Ghost.

olerodder

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1/A10
Ooo that's really cool. First I've seen of anything like that. Where did you get it? I'm assuming you had it color matched by a local body shop?
Sorry if I didn't reply to this. No, I actually got this from AM when it was on sale, came painted and have had it on the Mustang for over a year. I still have the stock one in a box somewhere.

dman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt pp lightning
I appreciate your remarks, although I'm not racing SCCA any longer and OZ, although made in Australia and a great product, just don't suit my taste, although if they made them to look the OE's I'd probably be tempted, but at $500ea, maybe not as the $2k would make a small dent in the fund for supercharging the White Ghost.
Sorry if I didn't reply to this. No, I actually got this from AM when it was on sale, came painted and have had it on the Mustang for over a year. I still have the stock one in a box somewhere.
To each their own…made in Italy, better looking than OEM?
$335.00 per wheel and all the improvements included…

6066A94E-299F-4B80-8331-D10B8CAD76BE.jpeg

721D411B-F051-4018-A370-606BCB397337.jpeg
Sponsored