Sponsored

What's a fair price for a new 2017 GT Base with Auto?

articrandom

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Mustang
I am trying to go after a new 2017 base with the auto. Those are really the only things I need in the car as I can keep adding features as needed. I guess I also want to stay with the Ruby Red paint so that's is like an extra $1750 in added options on top of MSRP + Shipping.

I am going to use X plan (through the Mustang Club of America) which has a $5,000 incentive for 2017s, plus a graduate discount and private cash offer of $750. This is not including any dealer discounts either.

I have been quoted cars OTD in the $32-35k range which I think it is almost an insult. Do you think getting one of those for $26ish OTD would be doable? I am hoping to get $18k for my trade as well so looking to finance $8-9k max.

Thoughts?
Sponsored

Nagare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue V6
Vehicle Showcase
It should be doable at this point because people were getting them before for 27k reportedly, now they're a full year out of production. Some dealers just don't want to play ball though and that's why they are still sitting on the lot.

OP
OP

articrandom

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Mustang
you can get a base 2018 auto for $32k with current rebates etc.
My point exactly. Many dealers do not even bother trying. I am literally going after cars that have been sitting for over a year in their lots and they still won't offer a lower OTD than $31k

Sponsored

cnycomp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Mustang GT
paid under 32K for my 18 base auto KOONS FORD- Kevin

wanted33

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Convertible, 2006 GT Coupe
Here's an '18 in my area for what they are asking for the '17. The problem I've seen in my area is that left over cars are still quite high. However, I can't blame the dealers. They have to try before they dump the car as they still have their original investment tied up in the car no matter how old it is. Good luck on your search.

https://www.townandcountryford.com/...0a0e0aea34f5602719ae6b85.htm?searchDepth=4:11

WaltA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Mustang GT Convertible

CNCLester

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lester
Vehicle(s)
18 GT performance pack. Lighting blue
I paid 32,432 for a 2018 performance pack manual base with stripes. Gave me 25500 for my 17 base gt auto with 13 k on the odometer. I originally paid 30,500 for the 17.
Brandon ford

Vegas5OH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 5.0 PP
The thing is that the 17s are on final pay through ford, which means that there are no rebates or special interest rates on them anymore. Any discount that is on a left over 17 is purely dealer discount and just depends how bad they want to get rid of the car.

Sponsored
OP
OP

articrandom

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Mustang
With X plan they can be had with an additional $5000 rebate which is what I am trying to use to get it down to $26,000 but most of them do not want to negotiate so they can keep it... I have seen many that have been sitting on lots for over a year and they still won't do anything.

SlaughterOfTheSoul

Actual Engineer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang gt pp1
OTD is different. Are you doing a trade in? Is there a balance on that? What's your local sales tax? What are the fees? Just some things to consider.

Mike K.

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GTPP
You may be able to get it for your asking price if you are patient enough , but the 10speeds are so cool you sure you don’t want one of those for just a little more ?

wanted33

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Convertible, 2006 GT Coupe
Be a bit cautious with the website highlighted selling prices. For this one '18 Mustang, down at the bottom of the page, is that you are required to add "$389 (for) dealer installed package that includes door edge guards, door handle protection, Ledge and nitrogen filled tires" and "dealer charges an administrative fee of $689".

PS: What is a "Ledge" ????
That's true, Hendrick dealerships will put one on ya if you're not paying attention. When I bought an F-150 from them I just told 'em that crap can be removed, or left on the truck, I wasn't paying for them anyway. And, if they insisted I would just move on. They removed everything but the doc fees. One thing I see is they have gone up on their doc fees (built in profit) since then.

And I have no idea what a "ledge" would be. With Hendricks it could be their version of a "blinker fluid" gauge. :)

BTW, there's another dealer in my area that's worse than Hendrick. They will jack the MSRP up on the web site, then throw on insane discounts to make the price look to good to be true, and are ultimately still higher than other Ford dealers around them. They then sit back, and wait for that "payment" shopper to hit the door. It's a dirty ass dealer for sure. Crazy thing is they put the window sticker download on their site. If folks payed attention they wouldn't get suckered.

OP
OP

articrandom

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Mustang
OTD is different. Are you doing a trade in? Is there a balance on that? What's your local sales tax? What are the fees? Just some things to consider.
Yes, I am doing a trade in with my 15 eco premium auto. No balane on it and state taxes are like 0.7xx% which will save me about $1,300 in taxes so it is worth it.

You may be able to get it for your asking price if you are patient enough , but the 10speeds are so cool you sure you don’t want one of those for just a little more ?
10 speeds are cool but not sure they grant an increase in $5-7k. Plus the new body style is so so for me. If I were to do an 18 it would be an eco.
Sponsored