Sponsored

What's a burble tune and will it void warranty?

clevernickname

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Magnetic Mustang GT, 2016 camaro ss (gfs), 2015 range rover sport, 2013 ford explorer, 2017 WRX
Topic. Don't want to void my warranty, but just read the term and finally realized that's the thing I want (never knew the name). Have a roush AB right now but would love some more burble.

What does the tune do to it to cause that?
Sponsored

Youngmustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Gt DIB
Never heard of it before. But considering its a tune, i would stay away from it if you want no problems with warranty. I'm sure someone can explain how the tune works. I would love to have this tune for my car though.

LOL WUT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 GT
Are you talking about the cam lope tune otherwise known as a ghost cam tune? If so it adjusts the cam timing to provide a cammed sound. This should only be used on cars with no cats as it will destroy them. Any tune other than a track key (not available yet) or from a vendor whom has a partnership with Ford (Roush) has the potential to void your warranty.

2015 Silver GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ingot Silver GT Premium
only if it was the cause of the problem.
Well Ford is going to say it was the cause of the problem and they'll just deny working on your car. Now it's up to YOU to fight them to work on your car. And it won't be a fight you'll easily win.

Sponsored

OP
OP
clevernickname

clevernickname

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Magnetic Mustang GT, 2016 camaro ss (gfs), 2015 range rover sport, 2013 ford explorer, 2017 WRX
Are you talking about the cam lope tune otherwise known as a ghost cam tune? If so it adjusts the cam timing to provide a cammed sound. This should only be used on cars with no cats as it will destroy them. Any tune other than a track key (not available yet) or from a vendor whom has a partnership with Ford (Roush) has the potential to void your warranty.
Hmm that might be it. But is there also a tune where it cackles/backfires/burbles a lot more, especially when getting near red line or downshifting?

Or does this do that as well.

Todd15Fastback

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP Fastback
Hmm that might be it. But is there also a tune where it cackles/backfires/burbles a lot more, especially when getting near red line or downshifting?

Or does this do that as well.
Never ever heard of a "burble" tune. It doesn't exist.

a cam lope tune is for when the car is idling and it hits a "lick" to give it a big lopey cam sound.

I see this is what you are after....http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1219892

MyFirst5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 deep impact blue premium gt
you are talking about a tune, adding headers, all which ford will give you grief if it blows up. if you cant fix it when it breaks, leave it as is, could prob add an x pipe to give you a little more noise

Sponsored

MyLilPony

Naw It's Stock
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kris
Vehicle(s)
2015 Black GT, 18 JLUR, 15 JK
Also known as the late night Mexican food tune. That will give you the sound you are looking for.

jasonstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GB GT/CS 6MT
It's called a ghost cam tune. It's a tune so it automatically will void warranty if it causes any engine related damage.

Quackfoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Black GT Premium
Sounds like you are intentionally tuning your car to run like crap, why would anyone want to do this?

OP
OP
clevernickname

clevernickname

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ghost cam tunes make the car run worse?
Sponsored