Votes: 188 36.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

detamble13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Camaro SS LS3
I've always thought the best version of a Mustang would look like a Camaro. My 2011 has HUD and while I didn't use it the first few years of ownership I've used it ever since and wondered why it took so long for me to like it.
The GT should come with the Tremec.
Hopefully they create a successor to the GT350.

Congrats to all Mustang fans. You guys have something to look forward to while Dodge introduces EV "muscle" with fake noises and Chevy tries to ignore that the Camaro still exists.
Sponsored

Crowd Hunter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
$hitbox
No. Not this one. They lost me with the dash.

Yes, and it's a prime example of a modern, cohesive, no-BS instrument panel design. It doesn't have a giant iPad protruding from the dash for no good reason.
Yep, I hate the stuck-on iPads and digital dashes.

Spartan1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Eruption Green GT 400A
It looked a little less Camaro-like in person, still prefer my '22 though. The EG Shelby is beautiful, and snuck in a pic of a Maverick because we ordered one last week, and had to include a pic of mine in the parking garage downtown here.

IMG_20220922_134513606.jpg
IMG_20220922_134457811.jpg
IMG_20220922_134556191.jpg
IMG_20220922_134535738.jpg
IMG_20220922_134712220.jpg
IMG_20220922_134047125.jpg

IMG_20220922_090848577.jpg

Fly2High

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Frank
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
Why canā€™t you have a well designed car and some of that stuff like HUD and 360 camera? At least make it an option for people. I donā€™t consider it a need but it would be nice to at least have the option is all Iā€™m saying. And the next generation of enthusiasts are used to and probably expect things like that or theyā€™ll go elsewhere.
MY comment is if you had to choose one OR the other. With the fact that the car has seen its share of quirks and problems, why not aim for better or more tech. They can't seem to get both based on past history.

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
MY comment is if you had to choose one OR the other. With the fact that the car has seen its share of quirks and problems, why not aim for better or more tech. They can't seem to get both based on past history.
I understand, I prefer they aim for both. They seem to be able to do it with the trucks/SUVā€™s so I think itā€™s a lack of want to and not lack of capability on Fordā€™s part. Just my $0.02

Sponsored

Fly2High

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Frank
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
I understand, I prefer they aim for both. They seem to be able to do it with the trucks/SUVā€™s so I think itā€™s a lack of want to and not lack of capability on Fordā€™s part. Just my $0.02
I think if they had the interest, desire or money to, they would also spend more on design and the S550 would have beaten the Camaro in the first place in terms of performance and the S650 would have been better than what they produced. Maybe they feel there isn't enough money to be made anymore of the Mustang so why spend it. Also, they might have spent it all on that Fake Mock E and didn't enough to put it on the real one.

Only time will tell.

SINBUSTER007

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
19 Edge ST, 17 Escape, 12 Boss, 15 GT, 66 V8 Coupe Auto, Kids Boss 302
as i said before i probably will not get one of these, but i did order a new 2023 bronco sport, and its now showing "in production" which will be Nov 21.....
if i buy any more cars i need to find space to put them...im running out of room at the house.

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
if i buy any more cars i need to find space to put them...im running out of room at the house.
I can have a tow company bring one or two down to my shop for safe-keeping. :)

Bring the classic Boss to Ourisman Manassas for the car show tomorrow.

Fetlock

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT MT
It seems like the same wine, new bottle. The sides and shape seem flatter, coupled with the new headlights, it does give it a 'Camaro' feel which I'm not crazy about. It would have been nice to have it lighter with a stiffer frame, the engine options haven't really changed. It sounds like the Dark Horse will hit 500HP, I'm interested in how they do that and if some kind of Power Pack will be available for earlier Coyotes.

Sponsored
OP
OP
RagmopInKona

RagmopInKona

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang HHP
I hav
If the back end is already sliding; "on a wet road or snow, and the car is in a slide, you can pull up a mechanical parking brake and straight'n the car out." you are already at zero traction.

If you yank the handbrake you are worsening that situation, not improving it. In the past when your car eventually straightened out, it did so in spite of what you did with the handbrake, and not because of what you did with the handbrake. Yanking the handbrake just extended the time your car was out of control.

Just talk to a drifter. Yanking the handbrake is done to start/continue the drift, not to stop it, or straighten it out.
I've done this for 5 decades, it works, every time. But you know more, so you win.

Hi-PO Stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Shelby GT500
I have read all comments on this thread and agree the 2024 Mustang resembles the new generation Camaro. The 2024 Mustang also has some design traits of the Ford concept 427 Shelby Cobra . I can see why and how the Ford designers and engineers tried to make the Mustang look more muscular and ended up with a design that looks like a Camaro because of safety regulations and the laws of aerodynamics. I applaud the Ford engineers and designers who took the risk to make a Mustang that will have the looks of an extreme performance vehicle.

Hi-PO Stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Shelby GT500
I have read all comments on this thread and agree the 2024 Mustang resembles the new generation Camaro. The 2024 Mustang also has some design traits of the Ford concept 427 Shelby Cobra . I can see why and how the Ford designers and engineers tried to make the Mustang look more muscular and ended up with a design that looks like a Camaro because of safety regulations and the laws of aerodynamics. I applaud the Ford engineers and designers who took the risk to make a Mustang that will have the looks of an extreme performance vehicle.

Hi-PO Stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Shelby GT500
I am thinking Ford engineers are not thinking of the Dark Horse Mustang as just a black Mustang. Most comments I read just indicate Dark Horse is not a very significant name for a Mustang. Now , I look at Dark Horse Mustang as having different meanings to different people. As far as I am concerned , Dark Horse Mustang means Evil , Sinister , or on the Dark Side. I expect the 2024 Dark Horse Mustang to have the same mystique as the Dodge Hellcat. Sounds to me like Ford has plans for some serious high performance 2024 Mustangs.

young at heart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 GT vert A10 / 23 Mach 1 A10 / 23 Mach 1 Tremec
After sitting on it a few days I think I can say itā€™s fine. Itā€™s a little different in areas from the S550 but not drastically. If you like one youā€™ll probably like the other. Nothing about it cosmetically blows up my skirt to the point I just gotta trade but nothing completely puts me off my feed either. Itā€™s OK. Iā€™m not wild about the Camaro quarter window but whatever, weā€™ll get used to it. I do think the S550 offers a little more purity of design and is less fiddly but thatā€™s just me.

If I ever trade into one it will likely be because of some upgraded mechanical specification or specialty model release that I find appealing, not because of the looks.

The guys obsessing over the dash on the other forum kinda crack me up. Ford has researched it and they think this is what the market wants. If theyā€™re wrong theyā€™ll change it. Good grief already, buy one or donā€™t. Nobody cares either way and it is what it is, for the time being anyhow.
Sponsored