RagmopInKona

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang HHP
Im sorry, I just dont see it. Perhaps the side profiles share some general angularity but thats about it, definately not the headlights: To me they look NOTHING alike. Nor do the front or rears of the cars.

image_123986672 (1).JPG

image_123986672.JPG
now get the correct camaro.
Sponsored

DougS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP Whipple Stage 2
Outside looks nice, inside not so much. Kinda a Tesla, SUV big screen interior look, not a Mustang Sport Car Interior Look.

TnWHTMARE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang 5.0
Vehicle Showcase

Stangomydreams

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Cali Special Convertible
Way more charger than camaro on the front imo. Charger is a good looking sedan but not coupe. I appreciate ford making me appreciate my 2021 for hp and looks. The vert at the show is nothing I’d buy.

blitzburgh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 BMW M2C
its funny those that say this car will make the older Mustang go up in value. Its a MASS produced everyone has one car. Its not going up in value because the new ones have a 17 inch screen bolted to the dash.

Sponsored

bonz50

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
15 50th Anniv GT
Way more charger than camaro on the front imo. Charger is a good looking sedan but not coupe. I appreciate ford making me appreciate my 2021 for hp and looks. The vert at the show is nothing I’d buy.
my sister in law is going gaga for the rapid red vert they showed. my brother may have to get one with the a10 and PP so the warden will go along with it :p

Reactions: DRB

Shipey

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2019 DHG Bullitt.
Maybe Ford fired their good designers along with all those ICE engineers! IMHO, it was designed by a recent design school graduate. Styling copied from other makers, competing body lines that do not flow well and giant LCD screens to prepare you for an EV. No thanks.

KingKona

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shlomo
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT
Tires not turning on a wet surface or snow will cause drag, only way they have zero traction is on ICE.
but carry on, you are doing great.
If the back end is already sliding; "on a wet road or snow, and the car is in a slide, you can pull up a mechanical parking brake and straight'n the car out." you are already at zero traction.

If you yank the handbrake you are worsening that situation, not improving it. In the past when your car eventually straightened out, it did so in spite of what you did with the handbrake, and not because of what you did with the handbrake. Yanking the handbrake just extended the time your car was out of control.

Just talk to a drifter. Yanking the handbrake is done to start/continue the drift, not to stop it, or straighten it out.

Last edited:

Fly2High

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Frank
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
+1 on the HUD and 360 camera. My brother’s Nissan Rogue has the 360 camera for crying out loud.
In my opinion.

HUD:
My field of view is greater than the 5-10 degrees where the HUD sits. I can see the dash. Also, being a manual driver, I have a feeling of speed based on the sound of the engine. Most driving is just holding speed so do you really need to see the speedo there. Not sure what else you wish to add to distract your vision from what is outside the windshield

360 camera:
This is not a Stupid Ugly Vehicle. It is low enough and has enough of a greenhouse to look all around. I am STILL able to turn my head and look to see what is around me. I do not need a camera view to see what is outside the car. What next, we will need to use the 360 camera on the dash to change lanes or pull in a space?

Parking assist:
With malls and most strip malls and mom and pops losing to on line ordering, where will you go that will require you to park? Have them make proper spaces to fit the now wider than ever cars and there will be no issue parking. Otherwise, learn how to park. It was on the driving test, wasn't it.

Do we really need gizmos and toys in a car whose primary source of enjoyment is driving it?

Also, this is a performance, grand tourer, pony car that beckons of days where minimalism and low weight, handling and power were paramount.

Why add weight and toys that do not add much other than to increase laziness.

TnWHTMARE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang 5.0
Vehicle Showcase
Reactions: DRB

Sponsored

Kachøw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1
In my opinion.

HUD:
My field of view is greater than the 5-10 degrees where the HUD sits. I can see the dash. Also, being a manual driver, I have a feeling of speed based on the sound of the engine. Most driving is just holding speed so do you really need to see the speedo there. Not sure what else you wish to add to distract your vision from what is outside the windshield

360 camera:
This is not a Stupid Ugly Vehicle. It is low enough and has enough of a greenhouse to look all around. I am STILL able to turn my head and look to see what is around me. I do not need a camera view to see what is outside the car. What next, we will need to use the 360 camera on the dash to change lanes or pull in a space?

Parking assist:
With malls and most strip malls and mom and pops losing to on line ordering, where will you go that will require you to park? Have them make proper spaces to fit the now wider than ever cars and there will be no issue parking. Otherwise, learn how to park. It was on the driving test, wasn't it.

Do we really need gizmos and toys in a car whose primary source of enjoyment is driving it?

Also, this is a performance, grand tourer, pony car that beckons of days where minimalism and low weight, handling and power were paramount.

Why add weight and toys that do not add much other than to increase laziness.
Some of us also have this car as our only vehicle and would value the extra features considering how much Ford is charging now. If it really matters, then you can always opt not to add that stuff in. Ford is notorious for nickle and diming the customer for every last option you can think of. Plus, how much could that stuff even weigh? It's primarily tech and software, so it can't be that much. That's not even getting into the fact that 95% of Mustang owners do not track the vehicle anyway. If you are looking for low weight cars, you should be shopping a Miata or GR86 — Mustangs are fat as hell and have been for a while. I don't see that ever changing, especially with electrification on the way.

I drive into Cambridge and Boston frequently where parking spaces are minuscule and every inch of free space matters. I can park pretty well, but a 360 or even just a front-facing camera would help greatly, as would parking assist for parallel parking. BMW includes it on their M models, why can't we have it on a Mustang GT?

Fly2High

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Frank
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
Some of us also have this car as our only vehicle and would value the extra features considering how much Ford is charging now. If it really matters, then you can always opt not to add that stuff in. Ford is notorious for nickle and diming the customer for every last option you can think of. Plus, how much could that stuff even weigh? It's primarily tech and software, so it can't be that much. That's not even getting into the fact that 95% of Mustang owners do not track the vehicle anyway. If you are looking for low weight cars, you should be shopping a Miata or GR86 — Mustangs are fat as hell and have been for a while. I don't see that ever changing, especially with electrification on the way.

I drive into Cambridge and Boston frequently where parking spaces are minuscule and every inch of free space matters. I can park pretty well, but a 360 or even just a front-facing camera would help greatly, as would parking assist for parallel parking. BMW includes it on their M models, why can't we have it on a Mustang GT?
things often COME in packages and you have no choice.

By the way, my '19 GT PP2 IS MY ONLY CAR and I wouldn't have it with more toys but I would like it to have less than what it has. I drive it daily, in the winter, and in snow (with a separate winter set of tires) and all year round.

Then I guess you want a luxury car or a BMW or whatever. That is not what a Mustang is.

Cleesj

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jake
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT Premium PP 401a 6MT MP
I went and checked it out in person the first day they opened the Detroit auto show to the public. Was hoping they would have the new 5.0 on display as well but it wasn't the case. Definitely not a bad looking car. Still don't love the screen.

And if anyone is local to Detroit, or plans to go to the Detroit auto show. Go in expecting to pay $20 to see the Mustang, overall was a pretty lackluster auto show. Lots of empty space lol

PXL_20220917_130517235.jpg
PXL_20220917_130537171.jpg
PXL_20220917_130626859.jpg

DopamineQuest

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500 Carbonized Gray
I went and checked it out in person the first day they opened the Detroit auto show to the public. Was hoping they would have the new 5.0 on display as well but it wasn't the case. Definitely not a bad looking car. Still don't love the screen.

And if anyone is local to Detroit, or plans to go to the Detroit auto show. Go in expecting to pay $20 to see the Mustang, overall was a pretty lackluster auto show. Lots of empty space lol

PXL_20220917_130517235.jpg
PXL_20220917_130537171.jpg
PXL_20220917_130626859.jpg
The rear diffuser is sooooo bad... makes the whole ass look like one huge piece of plastic.
Sponsored